maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 series (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   hello, new 750i member here! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156472)

Natashagirl 03-20-2013 12:21 PM

hello, new 750i member here!

4 Attachment(s)
Due to an over whelming response, I have posted a new thread introducing myself. You don’t see many girls on these forums so maybe I might be paving the way lol.

Why am I here? Simple - I have a practical emotional connection to cars and hope to use this amazing forum to gain a wealth of knowledge. I have been in the BMW family for a while, E46 330xi, E60 530 sports.. And now picked up my E65 750I just before xmas.

I did look at the E60 550i M pack, but although the engine was nice, I felt there was not really much of a change coming from the E60 530i.

I love the 750i so far, the only disappointment was that I could not find a good condition sports pack, but I am always impressed with how BMW has made this car maneuver with agility despite its heavy curb weight and size.

I liked that the previous owner really looked after the car and put on nice F01 style 19" 252 wheels that gives this car a nice contrast, but a such a pain to clean!

I am exploring 20” rims (for me 21” would be too much – but depends if I can get 128's or the alphina B7 rims), i'm torn if I like the 149's. It's also hard to find a good set in clean condition.

I just had a lovely 35% tint installed last week that really changed the look of the car, and maybe looking at a suspension drop (not sure how), but right now I am still in the honeymoon phase lol.

I would love to maybe explore a simple modification to reroute the exhaust out the back center where the bumper tapers in with nice chrome tips.

Take care all.

bmwm5lover 03-20-2013 12:31 PM

Welcome Natasha,
I recently got my wife into a BMW and now I think she is a convert for life...

Anyways, I like the facelifted e65's quite a bit. I would recommend the following.
15mm/20mm spacers for your current, gorgeous wheels, muffler delete or at least some nice tips(as you've mentioned), black kidneys and some springs to give a small height drop. I find 7ers (any generation really) don't take much to look great~!

Hopefully we will see you at some of the meets.

740-iLL 03-20-2013 01:52 PM

Once again, Welcome Natasha!

Ride looks nice!

And 21" wheels from the B7 would look amazing ;)

Natashagirl 03-20-2013 02:28 PM

Thanks all. So what is it going to take me to obtain your B7 alpha wheels then 740-iLL?

I am really worried about lowering my car, I did some research this morning and found that the B7 sits 0.6" lower than my non-sport.

and the following drops:

H&R FR 1.3" RR 1.0"
Eibach FR 1.2" RR 1.2"
Apex FR 1.0" RR 1.2".
Pro-kit FR 1.2" RR 1.2:

I like the stance of the sports pack and alpha B7, and I a really worried that I might find the lowering kits too low for me. OMG I need help!!! I seem to be drawn to the Apex for the fact they lower less..

Yes I agree with you guys that I need to do maybe a 15mm spacers.

I will probably concentrate on the suspension and spacers rather than just get larger wheels, as these wheels do actually look nice on my car.

v_bimmer 03-20-2013 02:32 PM

its rare to see a girl in a 7 series.

Congrats on the car, and welcome to the forums ;).

Natashagirl 03-20-2013 02:37 PM

Thanks. I guess that makes me a very special girl then!

I hate it when people assume that this is a boyfriends car or a husband's car who is a VP.. arghhh.. maybe I should get a license plate saying "allmine" lol....

740-iLL 03-20-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natashagirl (Post 1602529)
Thanks all. So what is it going to take me to obtain your B7 alpha wheels then 740-iLL?

Well, it took me 2 years to find this set, so it would take quite a bit. But then again, everything is for sale for the right price! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natashagirl (Post 1602533)
I hate it when people assume that this is a boyfriends car or a husband's car who is a VP.. arghhh.. maybe I should get a license plate saying "allmine" lol....

LOL that would be a good plate!

Blackedout95 03-20-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natashagirl (Post 1602533)
Thanks. I guess that makes me a very special girl then!

I would not assuming any of those things, in fact if a girl named natasha was pimping a 7 series I would assume she... oops there's that voice in my head saying shut up *no-no*

GTCobra 03-21-2013 06:49 PM

Welcome to the life of THE wonderful 7's :D

Natashagirl 03-22-2013 11:24 AM

Thank you all for such a lovely welcome to this forum.

Well I finally picked up my car after 1week and Budds BMW is baffled as to why I am getting vibration at 1350rpm either in neutral or driving, the service rep even asked me to live with it as they could be toying with it for ages to determine the fault, plugs, fuel filter, coils or transmission etc. Needless to I gave my most pouty unimpressed face I could muster and grabbed a head tech and went for a drive - it will go back in again.

Anyways its got to go back in as they installed the new software for the door convenience package recall and then one of the door handles did not work.. so they ordered a new one and will pop the car back in 2weeks to get that done.

Also they were supposed to fix the signal turn malfunction when I indicated, they changed all the bulbs and sockets for $200. I drove 5mins away from the garage and it came on once only.. oh well – back it goes for more diagnostics..

At least I deal in business management. I just say to Budds “I don’t want to hear it - just fix it!” after all that’s what my customers say to me on my engineering projects.

I think Budds hate me now.. lol

740-iLL 03-22-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natashagirl (Post 1602745)
I think Budds hate me now.. lol

Well, if you are under warranty still, they LOVE you, because they are getting paid what they want.

I would get as much as you can checked and replaced while still under warranty.

Natashagirl 03-22-2013 03:20 PM

My warranty finally expired on the 6th march, but these issues have been logged prior to that and was int he shop before that date. So they have to honour the fixes regardless of how long it takes them!!!

damameke 03-22-2013 04:53 PM

I hope Budd fix it to your satisfaction, I am sure you dont like being inconvenienced by
bringing the car in for the same issues..and having to give them more of your pouty unimpressed face

dbworld4k 03-22-2013 05:39 PM

Congrats and welcome. Hopefully it doesn't continue to be a pain in the ass - but it is a 7, after all. Lol.

GTCobra 03-26-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbworld4k (Post 1602798)
Congrats and welcome. Hopefully it doesn't continue to be a pain in the ass - but it is a 7, after all. Lol.

There not THAT bad lol