maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Finally...the month we have all been waiting for! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156122)

El Gato Liso 03-02-2013 01:31 PM

Finally...the month we have all been waiting for!

March is here!

That means clocks go forward, the first day of spring is a couple weeks away, and of course anticipating the ecstasy of wrapping up all winter projects!

The forecast has a fair stretch of +5* temperatures next week after this HOPEFULLY last cold snap!

We definitely had a cold winter, and a snowy one aswell. I hope to squeeze the snowboard out a few more times! Then of course, start pimping out my E30 and wipe the dust off my motorcycle!!

*DISCLAIMER* I know, its still cold. I am not going warm spring mode yet...just you know, throwing it out there that spring is almost hereeeeee!!!!!

*par-t**par-t**par-t**par-t**par-t*

dbworld4k 03-02-2013 02:58 PM

To think three years ago, I had my E46 on the road and insured on March 1st with a 7C day. God damn it. Things were looking good this year until last week' snow storm.

I really, really, hope you are right and that the salt starts washing away by April 1st! Otherwise that groundhog and I have a score to settle - that lying rodent... :mad:

FermiParadox 03-02-2013 04:47 PM

Wasn't it +20 by mid-March last year?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Dr. Flyview 03-02-2013 11:53 PM

^^ Yea I think so. But then again it was 15C in January this year haha. I'm pretty excited too :)

R.S.C 03-03-2013 09:33 AM

April 2nd, Insurance is activated. Can't wait. Hope it warms up quickly like it did last year and we get some rain soon.

Do you guys have any last minute work still to be done on your rides?

Barnsdale 03-03-2013 12:59 PM

Just ordered up a set of Alufelgen rims for my 1 series...can't wait to get the stock winters off of it and get it into summer mode!

FermiParadox 03-03-2013 01:55 PM

Nothing to be done before the car comes out but as soon as it does it'll be getting Inspection II, and I'm debating whether or not to have a ssk installed at that time or if I'll wait and do it myself. I'm also going to get a tint done but I'm not sure how dark to go, or if I should get a clear bra installed on the bumper/hood/mirrors. Lots of decisions! Any thoughts?

lvan 03-03-2013 03:47 PM

Just saw some flurries... I think we are not out of woods yet.

dbworld4k 03-03-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.S.C (Post 1600359)
April 2nd, Insurance is activated. Can't wait. Hope it warms up quickly like it did last year and we get some rain soon.

Do you guys have any last minute work still to be done on your rides?

Lots, actually! Inspection II, install coilovers, clear bra on the bumper, and get the exhaust done - all as soon as the car is on the road. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it *rockout* Gonna be an AWESOME spring/summer!
Quote:

Originally Posted by FermiParadox (Post 1600381)
Nothing to be done before the car comes out but as soon as it does it'll be getting Inspection II, and I'm debating whether or not to have a ssk installed at that time or if I'll wait and do it myself. I'm also going to get a tint done but I'm not sure how dark to go, or if I should get a clear bra installed on the bumper/hood/mirrors. Lots of decisions! Any thoughts?

Trimline (a new Max Sponsor) has some good rates on clear bra installs. If your paint is near perfect, absolutely get it done. It was the best cosmetic investment I made on my previous E46. I'm having my bumper done on the M5 as well.
Tint: do 35% or 20% depending on your taste. I've had 20% on my cars, no issues.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lvan (Post 1600401)
Just saw some flurries... I think we are not out of woods yet.

No kidding... saw a few come down by Square One earlier :(

e30_kid89 03-03-2013 04:31 PM

Still got shit tons of work to do...With the warmer weather here it'll be nicer working on the car outside. Aiming to be on the road for May 1st me thinks..or later!

Jim .E. 03-05-2013 10:28 AM

lol...storing cars...drive it all year round

lvan 03-05-2013 03:05 PM

They are saying that Chicago is going to be pounded tonight with 25cm of snow...

Bullet Ride 03-05-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FermiParadox (Post 1600316)
Wasn't it +20 by mid-March last year?

Yeah, last year on St. Patty's (which is March 17th) my buddies and I did a beer mile then played soccer. It was mint out.

///tyron 03-05-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbworld4k (Post 1600311)
To think three years ago, I had my E46 on the road and insured on March 1st with a 7C day. God damn it. Things were looking good this year until last week' snow storm.

I really, really, hope you are right and that the salt starts washing away by April 1st! Otherwise that groundhog and I have a score to settle - that lying rodent... :mad:

Id love too see how my new set up does against your m5 this summer.

dbworld4k 03-05-2013 08:45 PM

Huh?