maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Recommend Body Shop for touch up work? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156041)

Guelphguy 02-26-2013 08:11 AM

Recommend Body Shop for touch up work?

2 Attachment(s)
Good Day all, can anyone recommend a body shop for some "touch up" work. Attached are some pictures, the overall condition of the car is good, I stay far away from others so not to get door dings, I wash and wax religiously...see the pictures attached. My problem is that the one wheel well lip has developed some rusting about 2" in length. Now realistically, the car is 11years old with 200+km....so I am tired of going to shops and them telling me...repaint the car, or paint the whole right side...etc..etc...and quoting $2000/$3000....
It's just not worth it...I have oodles of good car detailing products and a porter cable 7424, so I am not scared of a little blend line or seeing some transition in the paint, but it seems the shops I go to want to make a huge car repaint out of this! Any advice?

dbworld4k 02-26-2013 12:03 PM

European Autobody or Luxury Autobody. Forget the rest...

VSanj 02-26-2013 02:17 PM

^^im not sure how much they charge for touchups but im sure its gonna be dollaz!

EMPOWERD 02-26-2013 02:42 PM

Luxury Autobody is the only bodyshop i'd allow to touch my cars. Prices are very reasonable.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...3_160051-1.jpg

Eurostyle 02-26-2013 03:05 PM

+1 On Luxury! Rich does great work, price is very reasonable for the quality you get. *th-up*

Seyar 02-26-2013 03:07 PM

Mitek in Kitchener, they do all the cars for Mercedes and Bmw.

NE46IL 02-27-2013 12:31 AM

Unlike most of you, I did not have a good experience at Luxury Autobody. Everything was covered under insurance, and when I got the car back the windshield trim was broken and was epoxied back together. I spoke to Rich about this and he blamed it on the previous bodyshop that did work on my car.

Also, when I first spoke with Rich he told me that he takes pictures of the work that's done on the car. I asked him afterwards for the pictures, and for some odd reason, the pictures are missing.

Lastly, after washing my car recently I noticed rust forming right above my tail light. Seems to me that they missed that spot when they were painting the car.

EMPOWERD 02-27-2013 09:26 AM

How can you blame Rich for damage caused by the previous bodyshop?
I know for a fact that Luxury (LAB) rust proofs all their jobs during the post-paint process. Did they even paint the area where rust is forming?
Rich is the most meticulous person I know (super anal about work ethic and quality). They simply don't cut corners there.
I'm sure there are alternate reasons for your dissatisfaction... simply go back there and ask him instead of assuming things and posting on here.

ALPINA MAN 03-05-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMPOWERD (Post 1599936)
How can you blame Rich for damage caused by the previous bodyshop?
I know for a fact that Luxury (LAB) rust proofs all their jobs during the post-paint process. Did they even paint the area where rust is forming?
Rich is the most meticulous person I know (super anal about work ethic and quality). They simply don't cut corners there.
I'm sure there are alternate reasons for your dissatisfaction... simply go back there and ask him instead of assuming things and posting on here.

I have spoken to Rich many times at meets and shows, and I am planning on taking one of my project cars to him to do a complete restoration for me. I have seen his work and I have heard majority of people here and else where respect him for his detail oriented personality and good customer relations. *th-up*

EVIL M3 03-08-2013 11:38 AM

Concerning NE46ILís post

5 Attachment(s)
Concerning NE46ILís post I would like to clarify that the insurance paid only to repair the small dent in the quarter panel as you can see in the photos posted.
Yes, the windshield molding was broken on inspection from previous repair work done elsewhere, and had to be re-epoxied when we re-installed it.

All the vehicles do have photo records. The fact that I could not produce the photos at the time was due to the fact that they had been temporarily misfiled on our computer system.

Lastly, the vehicle was repaired in Oct. of 2012 and there was no evidence of rust at the time forming in the area above the taillight. The only work done to this area was a clear coat application.
In addition the bumper was not covered under insurance and LAB repainted it free of charge in order to have a perfect colour match.
Please contact LAB if you have any further questions or concerns, or call your insurance company directly if you have issues with the work that was done here at LAB.

Thanks MAX for the support. Anything I can do please call me, all the best.

limenuke 03-09-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVIL M3 (Post 1601023)
Concerning NE46ILís post I would like to clarify that the insurance paid only to repair the small dent in the quarter panel as you can see in the photos posted.
Yes, the windshield molding was broken on inspection from previous repair work done elsewhere, and had to be re-epoxied when we re-installed it.

All the vehicles do have photo records. The fact that I could not produce the photos at the time was due to the fact that they had been temporarily misfiled on our computer system.

Lastly, the vehicle was repaired in Oct. of 2012 and there was no evidence of rust at the time forming in the area above the taillight. The only work done to this area was a clear coat application.
In addition the bumper was not covered under insurance and LAB repainted it free of charge in order to have a perfect colour match.
Please contact LAB if you have any further questions or concerns, or call your insurance company directly if you have issues with the work that was done here at LAB.

Thanks MAX for the support. Anything I can do please call me, all the best.

Holy cow. Your documentation, correspondence and professional demeanor are impressive. I'll remember your shop.

FermiParadox 03-09-2013 05:51 AM

^+1
I know where I'm going next time I need some work done.

///Maluco 03-11-2013 12:17 PM

Rich at Luxury is the BEST in my books.
I know a number of friends that have used his services with nothing but positive results.
One other important fact: He is an HONEST person and that right there is invaluable.

CherryM5 03-12-2013 08:51 PM

Taking my car in soon to the LAB