maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   This years mods! Style 5's and m moldings (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155980)

VSanj 02-22-2013 06:27 PM

This years mods! Style 5's and m moldings

1 Attachment(s)
so wanted a differant look this summer. Sold the ltw's

picked up some style 5's with a polished lip and m moldings. the rims face and moldings needed some cleaning.......enter my old freind plastidip!

one coat of dip on the moldings and it looks fab!

i apologise for the crap pics........my phone is the sux!

VSanj 02-22-2013 06:29 PM

the rims

2 Attachment(s)
I love the look of plain jane style 5's but in this case the face was a little scratched up which would have looked bad with the newly polished lips

so enter plasti dip plus silver mettalizer

VSanj 02-22-2013 06:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
first coat of plain black plastidip............good news, if me no likey i just peel it off!!

VSanj 02-22-2013 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
just sprayed the first coat of mettalizer after four coats of plastidip.........so far just a little silver flake has been added.........like a gunmetal look

i might have to do quite a bit of these quotes to get the look i want.

will keep yall posted

for anyone looking to plastidip anything, the product is actually very easy to work with and requires almost no prep. it is also very forgiving thank god!!

VSanj 02-22-2013 11:09 PM

all done

1 Attachment(s)
only needed four coats of mettalizer, all in all a good look..............maybe i should have tried gold with the black car? good news about plastidip is i can peel it off and try it next month......lol

now im waiting for the bolts i ordered!!

E36is 02-23-2013 07:46 AM

i thought you sold the e36? anyways looks good, i've been running on p-d on my rims for about 2 yrs now, and has held up without any peeling.

VSanj 02-23-2013 10:18 AM

nah bro, tried selling it, no takers............got lowballed enough. decided to keep it! Im glad i did though!

FermiParadox 02-23-2013 10:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I used plasti-dip on my "new" set of rims as well. It's a great solution and very forgiving just as you said. The rims aren't too bad overall but where there is damage it's pretty deep, three of four had clearly been repainted at some point and the paint was flecking off in spots. I used gun metal gray and had been considering doing a few coats of either the glossifier or the metallizer but I'm going to hold off for now as I think the matte colour looks pretty sweet. I used five cans which got me seven coats on each rim, and now unless you're looking right up close you can't see any damage or rash at all. Here are some before and after shots:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Seyar 02-23-2013 12:42 PM

ah so it was you who beat me to picking those style 5's lol, eitherway came out pretty good.

VSanj 02-23-2013 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
^yep it was me.............just beat ya to it by like 5 mins!

yeah plastidip works wonders, those rims look good bro.......the mettalizer dries even lighter

here is a pic on the wheel........looks slighty lighter than the pic in real life.......overall for 80 bux of dip and 5 hours total of my time its a steal!!

FermiParadox 02-23-2013 03:34 PM

^Thanks. I really need to see some in person that have been done with the mettalizer or glossifier before I'd consider spraying mine again. It would be a real shame to go through the spraying process again to find out that I liked the look better without!

jay01_brown 02-23-2013 08:44 PM

looks good!
Where are you getting your bolts from?

VSanj 02-23-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay01_brown (Post 1599509)
looks good!
Where are you getting your bolts from?

thanks man, i looked at the ones at black forest industries for a rs............alot of people use though even though they are not exact like the style 5's.

i opted to go with ebay chrome finish bolts, they cost around 280 shipped to my door.