maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photography (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   CIAS 2013 Photos (Auto Show) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155834)

T.Dot_E30 02-15-2013 03:10 PM

CIAS 2013 Photos (Toronto Auto Show)
 
Took some shots during Media day at that auto show yesterday.

I spent a lot of time in the BMW booth, a lot to see this year. Here are a few previews...

http://just.razzi.me/photos/951941/061b7ae.jpg
http://just.razzi.me/photos/951948/073d74c.jpg
http://just.razzi.me/photos/951964/ca3479b.jpg

More photos posted here:
http://www.tdott.me/2013/02/2013-cia...onal-auto.html

DET1990 02-15-2013 04:55 PM

nice pics what do they call those 1series looking chevy things

T.Dot_E30 02-15-2013 05:59 PM

It's called the Chevy Code 130R.

Talk about a blatant rip off right? But I still hope they make it, the world needs more rwd coupes.

DET1990 02-15-2013 06:34 PM

ya its like they just slapped chevy bumpers and lights on a 1 series body.

even the corvette almost looks like its got the same headlights as the viper

lvan 02-15-2013 07:11 PM

Sweet! Btw was there a new Fiat 500L? I want to check out that car. They manufacture it in my old country.

craz azn 02-15-2013 10:13 PM

Nice pics, thanks for posting Trev!

T.Dot_E30 02-15-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvan (Post 1598451)
Sweet! Btw was there a new Fiat 500L? I want to check out that car. They manufacture it in my old country.

No sorry, I don't recall see any, just a bunch of 500s.

NIMA 02-18-2013 05:38 PM

I went yesterday and came back very dissapointed :( No M3 , no Porsche booth , no Bugatti's ,no Ferrari 458, no Aventador ?? I guess its not Geneva or Frankfurt LOL

T.Dot_E30 02-18-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIMA (Post 1598730)
I went yesterday and came back very dissapointed :( No M3 , no Porsche booth , no Bugatti's ,no Ferrari 458, no Aventador ?? I guess its not Geneva or Frankfurt LOL

e90 is no longer in production, and the e92 production run is almost done.
The new M3/4 isn't released yet so you can't expect to see those yet.

I agree with the others, porches usually doesn't participate and Bugatti has one car?
No support from lambo, I guess they feel they don't need it. It would have been nice to see the Aventador spyder

BMW_M_POWER 02-19-2013 01:49 AM

A friend of mine went to the Auto Show and by looking at the material/build quality of new BMW interiors he was rather more interested in Audi/Mercedes!

Discostar 02-20-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 (Post 1598419)
Took some shots during Media day at that auto show yesterday.

I spent a lot of time in the BMW booth, a lot to see this year. Here are a few previews...

Are you talking about the show overall? or the BMW booth?

I would say as far as BMW is concerned their display was pretty disappointing. I spent more time with the MINI's. There was nothing that wasn’t there last year and the few of their cars you would care to see were locked anyway, so you couldn’t even sit inside, which says a lot.

defaultName 02-21-2013 08:46 AM

Is there a story behind this pic...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0BsqFu8TDu...heels-8006.jpg

I'm imagining her telling a Mustang fan to "Come at me BRO!!!"

The new Viper looks a lot like an Aston Martin from the rear.

T.Dot_E30 02-21-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discostar (Post 1599077)
Are you talking about the show overall? or the BMW booth?

I would say as far as BMW is concerned their display was pretty disappointing. I spent more time with the MINI's. There was nothing that wasn’t there last year and the few of their cars you would care to see were locked anyway, so you couldn’t even sit inside, which says a lot.

I was there on Media Day, all the cars were open, I had the whole area to myself and I pretty much sat in every car except the i8 and i3, the Ms, the Gran Coupe and a few others.

Yea I forgot about the cars being locked on public days. But it's like visiting 20 dealerships in one day without being hassled by sales people, granted you don't get to sit in all cars, but you do get to see everything up close.

Quote:

Originally Posted by defaultName (Post 1599108)
Is there a story behind this pic...

I'm imagining her telling a Mustang fan to "Come at me BRO!!!"
The new Viper looks a lot like an Aston Martin from the rear.

That's Lucy Zilio from Omni, she was recording a clip for TV I assume. She was friendly and very talkative in person. That area was busy with everyone trying to tweet for the free hot wheel.

Chris de la Cruz 02-21-2013 09:10 AM

Awesome Job Trev! haha it was awesome catching up at Media Day with free beer and food. haha

T.Dot_E30 02-21-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris de la Cruz (Post 1599115)
Awesome Job Trev! haha it was awesome catching up at Media Day with free beer and food. haha

lol yea, free beer/food is always a win.
I have about 1000 other pictures to go through, I was planning to post some more pictures, but haven't had time to sort through them, there were some other great cars I didn't post yet.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.