maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Background checks for jobs (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155807)

daytona 02-13-2013 05:18 PM

Background checks for jobs

I recently needed to get my background check for a job position from the RCMP and it show nothing on the records but when I was 17 years I was charged and finger printed by metro police and was convicted and had to do some volunteer work.This happen over 25 years ago.Can a employer find out about this?...again the background check came out zero.

damameke 02-13-2013 06:23 PM

The RCMP operates the Canadian Police Information Center(CPIC) and maintains several databases: Criminal , probation .. mental.. etc etc, so your check came out clean
and the charge that happened many years ago , you might have a conditional discharge..I.E: guilty but no conviction is registered...

Once you provide the RCMP background check paper stating there is no record,, you should be fine...

daytona 02-13-2013 06:56 PM

Damameke thanks....yeah I had to get my information updated from one of those finger printing agencies I sent it in and it came back clean...thanks again...

propr'one 02-13-2013 09:12 PM

Your record is sealed since you were a minor at the time. The RCMP will be able to tell something is up, because your prints are on file (they can see that its NOT because of nexus or whatever)

I passed an RCMP/CSIS background check, its not that intense, if you haven't been charged with anything as an adult you'll be fine.

Blades 02-14-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona (Post 1598225)
I recently needed to get my background check for a job position from the RCMP and it show nothing on the records but when I was 17 years I was charged and finger printed by metro police and was convicted and had to do some volunteer work.This happen over 25 years ago.Can a employer find out about this?...again the background check came out zero.

Depends on what security level you are going to get or need. level 3 top secret .. high jobs in RCMP and CSIS they will want proof of where you travelled in the last 10 years along with criminal records and such. They will even look into people you lived with and there records (could be your dad or roomate you live with)

I was cleared for level 2 for G8 summit and its not pretty. I dunno what your applying for but good luck.

daytona 02-14-2013 01:12 PM

its not a RCMP job more related to Metro Police...Records came from the RCMP....

davericher20 02-14-2013 08:21 PM

So what did you do if you don't mind sharing

daytona 02-14-2013 10:21 PM

nothing really serious I blame it on weed+alcohol+and a fist into someone face....

Blades 02-15-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona (Post 1598359)
nothing really serious I blame it on weed+alcohol+and a fist into someone face....

since when does anyone get angry on weed .. its so much work .. unless someone owes you cash and your a dealer. I guess the alcohol took over.

HavocSteve 02-15-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blades (Post 1598282)
Depends on what security level you are going to get or need. level 3 top secret .. high jobs in RCMP and CSIS they will want proof of where you travelled in the last 10 years along with criminal records and such. They will even look into people you lived with and there records (could be your dad or roomate you live with)

I was cleared for level 2 for G8 summit and its not pretty. I dunno what your applying for but good luck.

My gf took an enhanced SC, they wanted the above mentioned. The next couple up is cosmic, which means they follow you around, your friends and family. That is the scary one. Btw, she did security clearances for companies that do contract work for the government in Canada.

daytona 02-15-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blades (Post 1598390)
since when does anyone get angry on weed .. its so much work .. unless someone owes you cash and your a dealer. I guess the alcohol took over.

weed 25 years ago was terrific compared to the crap people smoke these days.Actually I had witnesses supporting me that the person deserved it but the crown didnt care.Im glad it didnt show up on my history.....