FS: 2001 M5 - cheap
Helping my friend sell his M5. Please read through the entire post, this is not a show car or collectors car but is a great daily driver for somebody who wants the M experience for a low price.
Car is very reliable and always starts in any condition, despite the cosmetic flaws, the car was cared for, it just was a daily driver for all its life (never tracked) so it is a bit rough.
asking $8500 OBO
- 2001 E39 M5 in Titanium Silver, with PDC (parking sensors), rear power sunshades, navi, fold down rear seats w/ski sack
- 256xxx km (Canadian car)
- I've owned the car for past 2.5 years, put on 45k
- I'm the 3rd owner, 2nd owner was a friend who bought it at 140k in 2006 (trade in or lease return)
- no major accidents but has been touched up from parking lot bumps, scrapes
- currently sitting on OEM wheels on winter tires with lots of tread left (Dunlop SP Winter M3 on front, Michelin Alpin on rear). Rims have rash.
- including 18" set of summer wheels (Rondell style 21 - see pics). One rim needs repair, rest have rash.
- Etest is valid (passed in July 2012 with excellent results)
Work done before I owned it (was maintained at indy garage specializing in high end cars):
- rad/rad fan/new hood (famous exploding fan incident)
- front diff mount
- new OEM battery (late 2010)
Work done by me (mostly DIY, have receipts):
- valve cover gaskets
- new hid bulbs/other bulbs as needed
- thrust arms (Lemforder), lower control arms, sway bushings, end links
- power steering lines, fluid reservoir
- lower coolant temperature sensor, t-stat housing sensor
- FSU (final stage unit)
- A/C service (vacuum, recharge system - no leaks found, blows cold)
- MAF'S, air filters
- spark plugs
- front rotors + pads, plus brake/clutch bleed
- passenger front door check replaced
- backup PDC sensor
- ebox fan
+ oil changes every 5000 km (LiquiMolly 10w60 summer, Castrol 5w50 winter)
- swapped interior wood trim for Titanium trim (minus center console, pieces were from automatic car)
- MKIV DVD navi upgrade
Now for the bad:
- car has common e39 rust on trunk, door edge, passenger rear fender, jack points
- windshield cracked (passenger side, not in line of sight, has not spread in years)
- DSC (traction) does not work, ABS works fine however
- drive shaft makes a clink noise, suspect it is center bearing
- cracked front bumper on corner, but is in one piece
Note: water under car is from a carwash just before taking pictures.
Nice DD for sure. It should sell quick, these motors will go forever with proper driving and oil changes.
and to add to that, the motors in my experience lasts longer if it is driven often, and not stored for 5 months of the year.
That would be an AWESOME DD if you wanted something fun and did not care for anything outside of mechanical longevity. Granted, there are much cheaper and more reliable options but none that have a snarling M V8 that pulls like a train.
deposit taken, car is sold!
What is the final sale price if you don't mind sharing?
Not surprised how fast it sold, congrats
I don't get it, what's wrong with asking how much it sold for? He even politely said "if you don't mind sharing".......
I guess he does mind sharing, nothing wrong with asking but it's not anyone's business what it sold for unless the seller or buyer wishes to reveal that private piece of info.
Take any questions to PM.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015