maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   where to cut spare bmw keys? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155437)

5style 01-24-2013 12:32 AM

where to cut spare bmw keys?
 
I have two blanks I wanna get cut, but I don't want to go to the dealer... I will just pull the chips out of my worn out key ( looks blah) and my valet ( doesn't open trunk)


TIA!!

firbster 01-24-2013 07:40 PM

I would love to know aswell..

5style 01-24-2013 09:06 PM

no one knows???

egye30 01-24-2013 10:06 PM

I could have sworn i read a sign that says "We cut chip keys" or something like that out front of Parts Source. Worth a shot I guess

5style 02-03-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egye30 (Post 1596086)
I could have sworn i read a sign that says "We cut chip keys" or something like that out front of Parts Source. Worth a shot I guess

Thanks man, i ll go check.

team_ottawa 02-03-2013 11:50 AM

pac mall does laser cut keys i have heard from a friend who got his e46 key done there

Guelphguy 02-04-2013 09:17 AM

I just had some E39 Key Blanks cut at Home Hardware on Gordon Street in Guelph, they charged $15+tax, works perfect.

windwagen 02-05-2013 09:46 PM

Where did you get the blanks from? How do you address the chip?

sgolas_e46 02-05-2013 11:28 PM

What kind of car?

sgolas_e46 02-05-2013 11:32 PM

If its a e46 or any other laser cut key I know I guy on Kipling and queensway that can do it, he did my key. Worked perfect

Gurvinder 02-06-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgolas_e46 (Post 1597381)
If its a e46 or any other laser cut key I know I guy on Kipling and queensway that can do it, he did my key. Worked perfect

Can he program the key as well EWS

sgolas_e46 02-06-2013 12:35 AM

I'm not quite sure about that you would have to ask him, he has a shop in the big building behind the gas station in the basement floor

Guelphguy 02-06-2013 08:39 AM

I ordered a black from E-Bay out of China...$20, I have to pry open my spare and take circuit board out of it yet and place it in my new FOB. This is for a 2003 530i, after having the blank cut, I just placed my spare key on top of new FOB and the car started, so I know the key blank is good, just need to perform a Chip transplant!

T.Dot_E30 02-06-2013 09:04 AM

There is a guy on max that does it, I forgot his username but he did mine for my e36. He doesn't program transponder chips just makes copies from blanks.

I remember the place in Pac Mall wanting $50 to cut it, I paid less.

windwagen 02-06-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guelphguy (Post 1597392)
I ordered a black from E-Bay out of China...$20, I have to pry open my spare and take circuit board out of it yet and place it in my new FOB. This is for a 2003 530i, after having the blank cut, I just placed my spare key on top of new FOB and the car started, so I know the key blank is good, just need to perform a Chip transplant!

I see many on Ebay.... Just the chip is the issue. I want to make some spare keys rather than replace a worn one.... Anyone have a suggestion?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.