maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 series (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   First time Bimmer owner (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155285)

erwin2toes 01-15-2013 08:04 PM

First time Bimmer owner

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 2006 750li, with the executive package. 150,000 kms for $15,888 with an extended warranty. Is this a good price? I've yet to test drive it, but I've always loved the 7 series, and if I were to be a first time Bimmer owner, I'd want to own this model. What should I look for in particular when I actually do test drive it? Any reasons why I shouldn't get it? (other than the obvious like fuel economy, maintenance, etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bmwm5lover 01-15-2013 08:28 PM

The price seems reasonable.
There is one piece of advice I have for you.
After you are driving the car, park it and let it idle for 3-5-10 minutes even. Watch to see if there is smoke that starts to come out, thick, whiteish/bluish smoke. It will smell like burnt metal or something. If it does, walk away unless you can get it for really, really cheap. Common problem with that engine and not really (easily) fixable.
What part of Ontario do you live in?

erwin2toes 01-15-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwm5lover (Post 1594958)
The price seems reasonable.
There is one piece of advice I have for you.
After you are driving the car, park it and let it idle for 3-5-10 minutes even. Watch to see if there is smoke that starts to come out, thick, whiteish/bluish smoke. It will smell like burnt metal or something. If it does, walk away unless you can get it for really, really cheap. Common problem with that engine and not really (easily) fixable.
What part of Ontario do you live in?

I live in Ajax, but work in Toronto. The car was from Paramount Fine Cars. Tried to look for reviews but couldn't find any..which in a way is a good thing. THanks for the reply!

740-iLL 01-16-2013 10:22 AM

Is the extended warranty from BMW or Paramount Fine Cars? That makes a huge difference!

erwin2toes 01-16-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 740-iLL (Post 1595004)
Is the extended warranty from BMW or Paramount Fine Cars? That makes a huge difference!

It's a powertrain warranty from Paramount Fine Cars. If I were to throw in 100 bucks more, then they would also include a warranty that covers electrical, and all that other stuff.

bmwm5lover 01-16-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erwin2toes (Post 1595006)
It's a powertrain warranty from Paramount Fine Cars. If I were to throw in 100 bucks more, then they would also include a warranty that covers electrical, and all that other stuff.

What company do they use? I use A1 protect, to be honest, they all find some way to deny or pay less, like all other insurance.