maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wiper Blade replacements (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155046)

bmw32atexi 12-29-2012 09:29 PM

Wiper Blade replacements

Anyone know a good set of wiper blades to get that fit E90 ? Something better than the OEM ? After replacing mine, it's been a year and I get bad case of window squeaks.

cormier 12-29-2012 09:29 PM

EVOs from Maranello. Da bomb.

BmW1819 12-29-2012 09:49 PM

wipers last 6-12 months depends on many factors :)

gnome 12-29-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cormier (Post 1593274)
EVOs from Maranello. Da bomb.

I second this, EVO's from Maranello are the best.

blakneto 12-30-2012 01:41 AM

What about ICONS?

c-bass 12-31-2012 02:09 PM

I just bought some viper blades that I thought were the Bosch Icons, but I wasn't paying attention and ended up with the Evolutions. There doesn't seem to be much difference from what I can see. On the Bosch site their propaganda claims 40% longer lasting....

I had some Icons before and I wasn't very happy with them, but after doing some further research, there really aren't many choices out there.

blakneto 12-31-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-bass (Post 1593385)
I just bought some viper blades that I thought were the Bosch Icons, but I wasn't paying attention and ended up with the Evolutions. There doesn't seem to be much difference from what I can see. On the Bosch site their propaganda claims 40% longer lasting....

I had some Icons before and I wasn't very happy with them, but after doing some further research, there really aren't many choices out there.

Thanks! *rockout*

bmw32atexi 01-01-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-bass (Post 1593385)

Thx c-bass, that was exactly my conclusion, you either get something specific to BMW or you buy non-OEM and toss the plastic covers or just buy refills.

I ended up buying some neoforms from partsource and that seemed to stop the shuddering. One thing about other wiperblades, you need to get blades that fit the width of the BMW connection(blade arm to the blade itself) otherwise you will get major shuddering and skipping.

I put the plastic covers and saved them in case I decide to get OEMs again.

PinkieMoscow 01-12-2013 05:55 PM

I went to mr. lube in december and they had a promption gave me free blades for my rav4. Mechalin, work amazing would recommend everyone on this forum take their nonbmw cars to mr.lube next december. Best bang for my buck ever...

Edit: michelin...

ScotcH 01-13-2013 12:22 AM

I've had my OE ones for almost 2 years, and they're making noise now ... super annoying, but they still wipe well. I just bought some replacement Valeo OEM ... we'll see how long those last. 1 year out of a set is not bad.