maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E30 (1983 - 1991) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   How much would you ask ? e30 with s38 swap (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154042)

Matsim 10-28-2012 09:49 PM

How much would you ask ? e30 with s38 swap
 
How much would you ask for a clean e30, (200k kilos on body). The car is in good condition, paint and interior. It's a 1991 so it has the plastic bumper :)
The e30 have a s38b36 swap (motor have 200 000 kilo). Everything works fine and the car pulls hard.

So what would be the asking price ? 10 000k ? more ? less ?

Thanks

matty.dc 10-28-2012 10:43 PM

It would be hard to value a car without pictures of the exterior and interior. Also it's just around that time where if someone bought it, it would be time for a rebuild of the motor, which as you probably know wouldn't be very cheap for that motor. A very generic evaluation just based on the fact that the S38 is in there, would be the $10,000 you stated.

Matsim 10-28-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matty.dc (Post 1587512)
It would be hard to value a car without pictures of the exterior and interior. Also it's just around that time where if someone bought it, it would be time for a rebuild of the motor, which as you probably know wouldn't be very cheap for that motor. A very generic evaluation just based on the fact that the S38 is in there, would be the $10,000 you stated.

Interior is clean, no rips in the leather. No cracks on the dashboard.
For the car :
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzQ2WDEwMD...kI!~~48_20.JPG

BigD 10-29-2012 07:44 AM

You might get 15 but probably 12. You could start at 15.

The Twin 10-29-2012 10:18 AM

for reference there is a clean e30 with s50swap+VF supercharger, not selling at 11K....

bmwm5lover 10-29-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matty.dc (Post 1587512)
It would be hard to value a car without pictures of the exterior and interior. Also it's just around that time where if someone bought it, it would be time for a rebuild of the motor, which as you probably know wouldn't be very cheap for that motor. A very generic evaluation just based on the fact that the S38 is in there, would be the $10,000 you stated.

LMFAO!fcplm

Can you please elaborate on WHY the engine will need a rebuild any moment?
I know some of the interwebz says so, but I'd like to hear more...

Matsim 10-29-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Twin (Post 1587540)
for reference there is a clean e30 with s50swap+VF supercharger, not selling at 11K....

Saw it but it need repair on the vanos , idle problem , and more ... Between 1k and 2k of repair.
But this car is clean too.

craz azn 10-29-2012 12:02 PM

This car looks like a piece of junk. Somebodys hackjob of a swap into a beat up shell. I wouldn't pay more than 5k for it. The pics on vortex explain a lot more of the cars condition.

Matsim 10-29-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craz azn (Post 1587561)
This car looks like a piece of junk. Somebodys hackjob of a swap into a beat up shell. I wouldn't pay more than 5k for it. The pics on vortex explain a lot more of the cars condition.

Wtf seriously ? On don't think we saw the same car ... The guy send me picture! The interior is flawless, exterior it has some minor rust (rock chip).
I would not say it's a piece of junk , it's just not a perfect car

The Twin 10-29-2012 12:50 PM

goes to show how long I've lurked here on Max...

this one?-->?

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72180

Matsim 10-29-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Twin (Post 1587570)
goes to show how long I've lurked here on Max...

this one?-->?

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72180

Thanks for the link ! I think between 12-15k would be a fair price for the one I'm talking !

craz azn 10-29-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Twin (Post 1587570)
goes to show how long I've lurked here on Max...

this one?-->?

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72180

Definitely NOT the same car. Last I saw of Raffa's car, it was somewhere out West. And that car was leaps and bounds in way better shape mechanically...

_JohnnyD_ 10-29-2012 02:12 PM

Here is the link to the FS thread...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...th-S38B36-swap

It doesn't look too bad. The interior needs work, but at least the seats look like they are in good shape.

This was my dream swap but the motor was too much $$$ for my pockets. I would want some really good documentation on that motor because any repairs will very pricy.

Good luck!

BigD 10-29-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craz azn (Post 1587578)
Definitely NOT the same car. Last I saw of Raffa's car, it was somewhere out West. And that car was leaps and bounds in way better shape mechanically...

I retract my estimate. I thought this was Raffa's car.

The Twin 10-29-2012 03:43 PM

Gah 6500.... This dudes taking heavy loss

I don't understand the appeal of an s38 swap...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.