maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rare E30 325i MTech II Cab - Macao Blue/Silver "bubble" Motorsport Leather - 1 of 250 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154005)

///M-TRD3 10-26-2012 05:03 AM

Rare E30 325i MTech II Cab - Macao Blue/Silver "bubble" Motorsport Leather - 1 of 250

11 Attachment(s)
And it's for sale in the UK (of course). What a stunner, shame it's not LHD. These cars in top trim are like nothing else. Macao really was a sensational colour for the E30s. The interior, wheels, trim, everything is to die for. In my opinion, it's worth every cent.. and more. Now if only it was manual.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-BMW-3...item27cc36354c

I'll put the individual photos up in case the listing goes down.

defaultName 10-26-2012 07:41 AM

So much want!

But I've never seen an M Tech II convertible with early model tail lights?

Robb 10-26-2012 10:24 AM

Looks mint, but not a fan of convertibles or autotrajics....

///M-TRD3 10-26-2012 11:06 AM

I personally would also never prefer a cabrio. In a perfect world it would be a coupé with a manual gearbox. But, I guess there's a reason that expression starts that way lol.

Needless to say it is a stunner, and I would love to own it in LHD manual gearbox, even as a cabrio.

Mystikal 10-26-2012 12:49 PM

First time I can recall seeing a factory:
M-tech II full kit
Early tails
Lower arches

On one E30.

bmwm5lover 10-26-2012 01:42 PM

Gorgeous.

NOTORIOUS VR 10-26-2012 02:08 PM

I"m confused about the early lights on a 1990 and sporting M-tech II... makes no sense

defaultName 10-26-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystikal (Post 1587304)
First time I can recall seeing a factory:
M-tech II full kit
Early tails
Lower arches

On one E30.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR (Post 1587319)
I"m confused about the early lights on a 1990 and sporting M-tech II... makes no sense

Ok so I'm not the only one who finds this car strange.

I'm pretty sure all convertibles had the lower arches and the update to big tails and plastic bumpers happened in 1991.

I have never seen an early model convertible with an M Tech II kit. Does it have plastic bumpers or Euro bumpers? :confused:

defaultName 10-26-2012 02:38 PM

Oh and it probably shouldn't have a spoiler either, but that could've easily been added during it's life.

defaultName 10-26-2012 02:55 PM

So I did some searching and I found a few other cars similar to this one.

Macao M Tech II convertibles with silver bubble leather, small tails, auto and right hand drive. All in the UK.

I don't think they are the same car being sold around because they all have different wheels and spoilers and are in different conditions.

Maybe it was a UK thing?

Sorry, I'll stop posting now...

bmwmck 10-26-2012 02:57 PM

It's auto, but I don't even care. Beautiful

SickFinga 10-27-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR (Post 1587319)

Pretty sure the facelift on the convertibles happened at the end of 1990.

Here is more info about them, however it is in Swedish.

http://www.e30cabrio.se/mtechnic.html

JINT 10-27-2012 01:38 PM

amazing

///M-TRD3 10-31-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defaultName (Post 1587326)
Maybe it was a UK thing?

Could very well be considering the number of individual cars they get over there, however I would venture to say it was a european market only thing.

Here is where this post takes an ironic twist.. I couldn't believe the irony when this took place. Long story short, I met an older BMW collector over the weekend, we spoke because he had something rare that I wanted, and during our conversation we naturally spoke about various old BMWs, parts, etc. During the conversation he mentioned a Macao Blue M Tech II motorsport convertible he had... needless to say I sent him the link and he said yup that's the same car as his with the exception of the rear spoiler. His is LHD, original German car from Bavaria and the only difference he pointed out was that his has no spoiler (which he prefers) and that he'd be interested in seeing more detailed photos of the interior because a key feature on his is that everything is leather, all the way down to the rear ashtray, it's a complete motorsport leather interior. He said the numbers are also correct in that there were a limited number produced, and that he only knew of one other which is in south Bavaria. Arches, tails, seats etc. is all the same. He also mentioned something about the car also being offered in nogaro silver metalic, making them the only 325's to be offered in a motorsports ltd. ed. package with what at the time were M3 reserved colour codes.

All this after never having actually found one of these cars prior to last week.

defaultName 10-31-2012 06:55 AM

Awesome story! I never even knew this model existed and now they seem to be everywhere!

Now what about that rare part you were buying???