maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Draft Beer vs Bottled/Can Beer? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153762)

sirex 10-12-2012 11:06 PM

Draft Beer vs Bottled/Can Beer?

Hey Guys

Okay, so I think I am fed up with this. I was out earlier today with a few colleagues after work. Didn't drink much tonite at all, 2 pints of Budweiser and an Irish car bomb.

I'm at home now feeling like complete shit. Like I want to vomit.

About 2 weeks ago, again, had draft beer from a pitcher and again, felt like shit and wanted to vomit.

Now Im not some amatuer 16 year old getting into drinking. I know my limits, how much I can tolerate, etc.

Recently it's started to affect me alot more. I always noticed with draft beer I'd get drunk faster but almost always get sick.

So what the ****, is it me, or other people out there also in the same boat with this draft beer shit?

Anyway, I'm switching to bottles for now on because I can't tolerate vomitting after 2 pints, which is completely rediculous.

HavocSteve 10-13-2012 01:03 AM

Thinking it's you. Both are good although Draft is a better quality overall. I like local draft beers. Bottles just "taste" cheaper. Never had issues with vomiting though.

KIRASIR 10-13-2012 02:26 PM

This sounds more like an allergic reaction to me than anything else.

Are you allergic to anything? Have you ever done any tests?

1BADBMR 10-13-2012 02:35 PM

Gotta be careful which bar/pub you go to.
Just because you see Coors, Blue, Rickards, Stella etc. on tap doesn't necessarly mean that is what they are pouring you. You rarely see the keg because its usually in a big refridgerated room or under the counter of the bar. I've heard of stories that small establishments selling no name brand beer to unsuspecting customers. These are real shady places.
This will not happen is any big franchise bar, but you gotta watch out for the little booze cans or joe blows bar down the street.
Getting sick after 2 pints is soft man:P (jk'ing)
No biggie, switch to bottles. The only thing I can think of is if the bar is not cleanning the taps/spouts out daily.

BMe30 10-13-2012 03:18 PM

Draft... but only from a busy pub.

fitter527 10-13-2012 04:18 PM

draft is swill.i used to drink it when i was younger because it was cheap.now it just kills me.

El Gato Liso 10-13-2012 07:28 PM

seems like you're not drinking what you think you are drinking. probably cool or hemp beer, that brampton brewed shit lol....thats the only beer that makes me yak over nothing!

Nick_V 10-13-2012 07:47 PM

Budweiser dude. That's your problem. Worst beer.

Seriously though, I can drink 12 tallboys and wake up feeling ok, but if I have even one pint of draft I wake up feeling like total shit.

Big Chin 10-13-2012 11:46 PM

Anyone else get sick? Might be the draft lines...

calegrant 10-14-2012 02:22 PM

Draft all the way, it's better beer.

If you're getting sick it's probably because the place is filthy and doesn't clean properly. Nothing wrong with phoning up wherever you were drinking and letting them know, they need to know so they can sort their shit out.

sirex 10-14-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick_V (Post 1585756)
Budweiser dude. That's your problem. Worst beer.

Seriously though, I can drink 12 tallboys and wake up feeling ok, but if I have even one pint of draft I wake up feeling like total shit.

thats the thing, if i drink tall cans, or bottles of anything, i never have this problem.

i tried to do a google search to see if i could find anything about draft beer/allergies, but couldn't come up with anything reputable.

It may have just been me/bad night...

and no, I dont have any allergies/etc. Hmm, probably just a couple of bad nights.