maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where to buy Castrol TWS in the West end??? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153500)

5ABIVT 09-29-2012 12:47 PM

Where to buy Castrol TWS in the West end???

Maranello too far... may as well buy from turner and the shipping tax/duty would be the same as killing gas and time going across the city.

Anyone in Oakville, Saga etc sell the TWS at a 'normal' price? No Dealers of course they can go F* themselves (cough budds *sad*)

Steve30 09-29-2012 03:22 PM

I don't think anyone can beat Mike's price for TWS.. Why not buy enough for like 3 or 4 oil changes? You can also use the lubro 10w60. I'm currently using that and its holding up well. Jay @ Stance Factory says the TWS and Lubro are essentially the same oil (they pretty much copied the TWS) The only benefit of the TWS is cold weather protection but if you don't winter drive the car its ok.

toy4to 09-30-2012 06:34 PM

Call up BMW of Mississauga. I buy all my oil from them, with a discount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5ABIVT (Post 1584019)
Maranello too far... may as well buy from turner and the shipping tax/duty would be the same as killing gas and time going across the city.

Anyone in Oakville, Saga etc sell the TWS at a 'normal' price? No Dealers of course they can go F* themselves (cough budds *sad*)

Jon@Bimmersport 10-02-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve30 (Post 1584030)
I don't think anyone can beat Mike's price for TWS.. Why not buy enough for like 3 or 4 oil changes? You can also use the lubro 10w60. I'm currently using that and its holding up well. Jay @ Stance Factory says the TWS and Lubro are essentially the same oil (they pretty much copied the TWS) The only benefit of the TWS is cold weather protection but if you don't winter drive the car its ok.

TWS is also better for those who want extended intervals. If your like me and change it every say 3k-5k it won't make a difference.

What do I use? Castrol TWS and Mann filter. Lubro is good, we carry it as well and have never had any issues. I spent a lot of time at bobistheoilguy.com and was reading from engineers at Castrol (or ex engineers) that worked on the TWS oil back from the 70's recommended to use the Castrol for those who really push their cars, and for those who don't then do not worry between the brands.

I'll see if I can pull up those threads. I ordered a bottle from blackstone and will do a UOA when I do my soon up coming oil change as my car has had TWS in it from day 1 (serviced at BMW of Mississauga with all records up to me).

5ABIVT 10-05-2012 10:00 PM

Thx Jon picked it up from you :) Im definitely a Fan of the tws I also use it in my 8500 rpm 6.0L solid roller in the vette. Is also ordered a uoa kit and will be doing it at this change and will report the results.