maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Set of used 18" staggered M - Parralel alloys for sale (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153498)

VSR 09-29-2012 11:21 AM

Set of used 18" staggered M - Parralel alloys for sale

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there, I have a nice set of used 18" M - Parralel staggered alloys for sale. These were destined for my E39 but didndt fit. I wasnt aware that they were different offsets from the 7. Oh well. Now they are for sale :)
The set is in good shape and is a rare find as you know. Probably the nicest factory wheel to come from the factory. The set has two decent tires but the other 2 are shot. I havent had a chance to take a real pictures but you all know how they look like. When I get a chance I will clean them up and show them properly. Wheels can be picked up downtown Toronto.

Here is a random clip in case you need a reminder of how nice these are :) Rims pictures are just an example!!!

Price $1500.00 or best reasonable offer.

bmwm5lover 09-29-2012 04:00 PM

The offsets are not the issue, the offset is the same between 7's and 5's.
The difference is the hub size, the e39 has larger hubs.
You can get adapters made or bore out the center of the wheels to make them fit.

VSR 09-29-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwm5lover (Post 1584034)
The offsets are not the issue, the offset is the same between 7's and 5's.
The difference is the hub size, the e39 has larger hubs.
You can get adapters made or bore out the center of the wheels to make them fit.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification. These wheels may not be for sale then :)

Any idea where a brother can get the wheels bored?

Thanks for your help!

bmwm5lover 09-29-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VSR (Post 1584037)
Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification. These wheels may not be for sale then :)

Any idea where a brother can get the wheels bored?

Thanks for your help!

Any wheel repair shop should be able to point you in the right direction. Pretty much any machining shop can do it. It is only about 2mm that needs to be machined from the hub bore on the wheel. The tires may need to be off the rims however.
I've heard 50$ a wheel, but cannot verify.

I would ask on VW vortex forums...those guys put anything on those cars, they must know of places that customize wheels..

VSR 09-29-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwm5lover (Post 1584038)
Any wheel repair shop should be able to point you in the right direction. Pretty much any machining shop can do it. It is only about 2mm that needs to be machined from the hub bore on the wheel. The tires may need to be off the rims however.
I've heard 50$ a wheel, but cannot verify.

I would ask on VW vortex forums...those guys put anything on those cars, they must know of places that customize wheels..

Thanks for your help!