maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fiona Apple Arrested in Texas for Marijuana faces 2 to 10 years in prison (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153360)

bmdbley'sBro 09-22-2012 03:27 PM

Fiona Apple Arrested in Texas for Marijuana faces 2 to 10 years in prison
 
-










-
World Leaders FINALLY Begin To Discuss The Failed Drug War


and from bill c-10 Canada now has u.s styled minimum mandatory sentences

calegrant 09-22-2012 04:31 PM

lol TYT, enough said

bmdbley'sBro 09-23-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calegrant (Post 1583260)
lol TYT, enough said

I'm not a fan of cenk myself...but

What do you think of a famous person being felony charged & facing upto 10 years in jail for 12-15 joints worth of pot in 2012???

do recall the current president admitted to smoking weed & snorting cocaine!

daytona 09-25-2012 07:59 PM

man if that was the case 1/2 of Jane and Finch people be in jail.....the cops even told me if you carry less than so many grams the worst thing is they would ask you to open the bag and dump it on the ground,of course they can also arrest you but the other cops would laugh at you and the judge would definitely throw the case out or small fine.

calegrant 09-29-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro (Post 1583318)
I'm not a fan of cenk myself...but

What do you think of a famous person being felony charged & facing upto 10 years in jail for 12-15 joints worth of pot in 2012???

do recall the current president admitted to smoking weed & snorting cocaine!

I think Texas.

They're desperately clinging onto a failed "war on drugs" as though stiffer punishments for minor drug offences is in some way going to lessen the impact of crime, it's not. I do however think that pot offences down there do need to be looked at more seriously than up here. In Canada, your weed is likely grown in someone's basement and changes hands only a few times with relatively peaceful criminals. Down there that "harmless" weed is fueling a real war south of the border, I think the people smoking it and thinking nothing of it need to accept some responsibility for that violence.

Real solution? Legalize it, coke too!

sirex 09-29-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calegrant (Post 1584025)
I think Texas.

They're desperately clinging onto a failed "war on drugs" as though stiffer punishments for minor drug offences is in some way going to lessen the impact of crime, it's not. I do however think that pot offences down there do need to be looked at more seriously than up here. In Canada, your weed is likely grown in someone's basement and changes hands only a few times with relatively peaceful criminals. Down there that "harmless" weed is fueling a real war south of the border, I think the people smoking it and thinking nothing of it need to accept some responsibility for that violence.

Real solution? Legalize it, coke too!


So on the one hand, these drugs are fueling a drug war south of the border.

On the other hand, legalize it?

How does that make sense? Don't you think the cartels will fight for the "drug" contracts then and for the land to make the cocaine? What did you think they were fighting over?

Or is Molson/Coors going to grow cocaine for us??

1BADBMR 09-30-2012 04:56 PM

A lil chronic hurts nobody*smoke*

calegrant 09-30-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirex (Post 1584042)
So on the one hand, these drugs are fueling a drug war south of the border.

On the other hand, legalize it?

How does that make sense? Don't you think the cartels will fight for the "drug" contracts then and for the land to make the cocaine? What did you think they were fighting over?

Or is Molson/Coors going to grow cocaine for us??

Absolutely if it becomes legal big business will hop on-board and profit off it. You'd be naive to think they wouldn't for fear of tarnishing their reputations. Profit is profit, and guaranteed someone will be willing to grow pot/poppies/coca in North America once it becomes legal.

No the cartels are not going to get any business once it becomes legal. How much tobacco or barely is being grown by organized crime groups?

Sometimes I think you argue just for the sake of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BADBMR (Post 1584123)
A lil chronic hurts nobody*smoke*

Cept the people dying for it.

sirex 09-30-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calegrant (Post 1584131)
Absolutely if it becomes legal big business will hop on-board and profit off it. You'd be naive to think they wouldn't for fear of tarnishing their reputations. Profit is profit, and guaranteed someone will be willing to grow pot/poppies/coca in North America once it becomes legal.

No the cartels are not going to get any business once it becomes legal. How much tobacco or barely is being grown by organized crime groups?

Sometimes I think you argue just for the sake of it.



Cept the people dying for it.

You haven't really thought your point through.. Sometimes I just wonder how some of you people think. It's so two dimensional. You'll spout of your idea, but you won't even think about it deeply enough for it to make any sense.

Profit is profit. You think cartels will care? They will flood the market illegal then anyway. Just like there is a big market for underground cigarettes.

How much tobacco is being grown by organize crime??? HOW MUCH TOBACCO is run through our borders every day by organized crime to avoid taxation is the better question. The fact is, you actually don't know. And the truth is, it's ALOT. Why do you think they sell "native" cigarettes????? lol wow dude. Why do you think people go to the reserves to buy cigarettes tax free??? You know thats illegal right?

There will always be copetition with the black market. The cartels won't cease to exist just because you make the drugs legal. They will just compete against the government business. For drugs like cocaine where it's really a big process to create the drug (e.g. grow it) and you require a special climate to grow it, e.g. South America/Tropical weather, there will be alot of fighting because the cartels know there is profit to be fought for. They will fight for land, and they will fight for their drugs to enter the country illegally without being taxed to be sold in corners.

Who is being naive? Seriously. Grow up dude, and put a bit more though process into what you write.

calegrant 09-30-2012 11:28 PM

Because the black market cigarette market is anywhere near comparable to that of hard drugs? Get real. Do not try and compare violence associated with black market tobacco with that of illegal drugs, there is no comparison.

Quote:

A UN report said "the global drug trade generated an estimated US$321.6 billion in 2003.
I wonder what percentage of that is res smokes :rolleyes: Would love to see a comparison of the sales between illegal tobacco and taxed legal tobacco. If you'd like to shatter your own argument, feel free to do the search. I know I don't need to bother looking because there is nothing to compare. One is but a fraction of a fraction of the other.

Profit is not profit when mass legal production kicks in making the product extremely cheap compared to how it is now. Do you really think pot will be going for $200/oz when Marlboro is growing it in record numbers in huge warehouses?

Go read about prohibition in the United States, the influx of organized crime and the aftermath once it was repealed.

Quote:

When repeal of Prohibition occurred in 1933, organized crime lost nearly all of its black market alcohol profits in most states (states still had the right to enforce their own laws concerning alcohol consumption) because of competition with low-priced alcohol sales at legal liquor stores.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibi..._United_States

Again, arguing for the sake of arguing me thinks.

sirex 09-30-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calegrant (Post 1584162)
Profit is not profit when mass legal production kicks in making the product extremely cheap compared to how it is now. Do you really think pot will be going for $200/oz when Marlboro is growing it in record numbers in huge warehouses?

The coke, the crystal meth, the mdma, as well right?

When did you become an economist? I didn't know that supply side economics works that way.

Bimmer Heaven 10-01-2012 04:04 AM

Typical American hypocrisy; where prescription drug addicts are more than all other substance abusers combined! ROFL...Nothing but a joke. Modern day prohibition at its best.

calegrant 10-01-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirex (Post 1584165)
The coke, the crystal meth, the mdma, as well right?

When did you become an economist? I didn't know that supply side economics works that way.

Pretty sure meth and E would be an ideal drug to be manufactured by industry, it utilizes chemicals they already have access to in large volume vs. illegal manufacture which uses other forms of the chemicals or even different more dangerous ones. It means they could put a cleaner version of the drug on the market, MDMA is a prime candidate for this. In it's pure form, it has little chance of doing harm to you. However when made by a drug addict or someone who has no clue what they're doing and cuts it with something bad, you have 15 year old girls dropping like flies.

It's called history Sirex, this has happened before and when the bans were lifted, the crime moved on. Why is it you think illegal drugs are any different?

sirex 10-01-2012 04:23 PM

Yep, Yep, those drugs will be made and distributed for free or very close to free. They will be sold in super markets at 1/10th the price of it's current street value! It's any wonder how the government will tax that product, or make any money from it at all.

calegrant 10-01-2012 05:58 PM

I never said that, I simply said values would decrease and crime would subside. History tells us this is true, claim what you'd like.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015