maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Whats poppin!? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152702)

Rolled_Out 08-17-2012 08:05 PM

Whats poppin!?
 
What the helllll is going on in here? Been a while! Any oldskool guys still around?! Apparently its been 10 years and 5 months since I joined here... kinda cool! Goodtimes over those years.

propr'one 08-18-2012 12:18 PM

haha whatsup man

sirex 08-18-2012 12:46 PM

xoxoxo

10 years for me.

Quack 08-18-2012 01:36 PM

am I having a flashback

Sickbimmer 08-18-2012 02:47 PM

Shady's back, back again.... Lol

sirex 08-18-2012 02:57 PM

2002 when these boards got really popular

EMPOWERD 08-18-2012 05:31 PM

Woot Woot!

BigD 08-18-2012 07:36 PM

Man, the early Max days, the meets where small and relaxed. I still remember Randy slipping me a card at the BMW dealer tour in North York, following Julian to Chuck's in his loud automatic 535, meeting Charlie for the first time. Back when clear corners and shocks/springs was the epitome of wrenching.

BMW_7 08-19-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD (Post 1579080)
Man, the early Max days, the meets where small and relaxed. I still remember Randy slipping me a card at the BMW dealer tour in North York, following Julian to Chuck's in his loud automatic 535, meeting Charlie for the first time. Back when clear corners and shocks/springs was the epitome of wrenching.

Hahaha, nostalgia to the max! Thats why certain people still drive e30's right Dmitry?

ps. i noticed most of us are from 2002. except Ivan. NEWBIE!!!

BigD 08-19-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_7 (Post 1579113)
Hahaha, nostalgia to the max! Thats why certain people still drive e30's right Dmitry?

ps. i noticed most of us are from 2002. except Ivan. NEWBIE!!!

Hehe, I was actually quite late to the party and now I'm one of the few that still has one (although I think Jay still has his). Speaking of throwbacks, I got an email a few weeks ago from a guy who just bought my old M5 from someone and is looking to restore it. I helped him with info but it was a little like a dude asking you for sex tips with an ex of yours... you'd rather not be involved lol

BMW_7 08-19-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD (Post 1579114)
Hehe, I was actually quite late to the party and now I'm one of the few that still has one (although I think Jay still has his). Speaking of throwbacks, I got an email a few weeks ago from a guy who just bought my old M5 from someone and is looking to restore it. I helped him with info but it was a little like a dude asking you for sex tips with an ex of yours... you'd rather not be involved lol

Man that sucks. It seems like there is a resurgence of Russians with e34 though. If you came to the midnight cruise part 2 meet, there were 4 of us with e34's (sia doesnt count lol). although only 2 of them (myself included) still have them!

All of us had/have M pars - the only way to roll!

I just read that there is a 1992 M5 for sale in Montreal - guy is asking $7000. The price is not bad and the condition is ok but TLC will def be needed..

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...8/IMG_0524.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...IMG_0523-1.jpg

sirex 08-19-2012 03:50 PM

what ever happened to JustinE36, or whatever his name was.

BigD 08-19-2012 03:59 PM

Wow, those are looking sharp! I thought they've all returned to nature by now at the rate they rust. I may own an M5 one day again but it's a barn car - a car I'd buy with some reasonable money to piss away on cars and a barn to keep them in (some others would include a 635 [doubt I'll find an M6], E38 740i, mid 90s black Suburban, LS400, 240sx etc).

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirex (Post 1579137)
what ever happened to JustinE36, or whatever his name was.

He got sour at the forum over some politics and generally disappeared off the internet. We used to chat all the time. Then I'd send him an email once a year type of thing whenever I'd come across his contact info. Got a reply back once a few years ago, basically saying he's fine but crazy busy.

I know a lot of people like that... I still don't understand WHAT can someone be so busy with. Short of being one of those slaves in the bowels of a giant Roman rowboat, there's no way there's someone too busy to fire off a few sentences on an email or chat window. Maybe I don't take life seriously enough but I'd rather shoot myself than be like that.

DAM 08-19-2012 05:09 PM

Although don't post much anymore, I've been steadily lurking for a while

bmwm5lover 08-19-2012 05:36 PM

Old school Max members represent!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015