maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mattress gurus? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152503)

sirex 08-07-2012 07:12 PM

Mattress gurus?

I need to buy a new bed... but there are so many options, so many prices, so I need to some help with this.

What should I be looking for? I dont really have time to go to all the big box stores and try out every single bed. I want to be able to narrow my selection down through online shopping before going to the store and try it out.

Any good recommendations?
oh ya and my price point is between $300 and $600 if thats possible.

Barnsdale 08-07-2012 09:02 PM

I bought an amazing memory foam bed at Ikea for I think 500-600$ last december and it's the best bed I've ever owned. Would highly recommend, they have a few types and a few price points so it's a one stop shop.

SiR 08-07-2012 10:52 PM

just like running shoes..whats good for me wont likely be good for you.

you HAVE to go to the store and lay on it and choose what you like. theres no way around this if you want to do it properly.

go to sleep country and lay on some shit. it doesnt take that much time. nobody here can tell you what will feel nice to you.

I dont like memory foam because they typically get too hot. other than that...not much else to say.

go lay on some mattresses.
Sleep country is nice in that they deliver and take your old bed. you also have 60 days to sleep on it and can exchange at no cost if for some reason it turns out to be terrible.

sirex 08-07-2012 10:59 PM

ya i know that SIR. Im just wondering if there are any pros and cons to some of the styles out there, and if there is anything in particular that stands out.

Nick_V 08-08-2012 10:06 AM

I got a Sealy Posturepedic set about 5 years ago. Queen size, pillow top. Was about a $G IIRC. They come in different stiffnesses, we got the medium one. I've slept like a baby ever since. My only advice is don't cheap out. Stick with a well-established brand like Sealy, Simmons, or Serta and you should be good. I've had cheap mattresses and futons and they always start out feeling nice but wear out fast.

Blades 08-08-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir (Post 1577723)
just like running shoes..whats good for me wont likely be good for you.

You have to go to the store and lay on it and choose what you like. Theres no way around this if you want to do it properly.

Go to sleep country and lay on some shit. It doesnt take that much time. Nobody here can tell you what will feel nice to you.

I dont like memory foam because they typically get too hot. Other than that...not much else to say.

Go lay on some mattresses.
Sleep country is nice in that they deliver and take your old bed. You also have 60 days to sleep on it and can exchange at no cost if for some reason it turns out to be terrible.

^^ +1

HavocSteve 08-08-2012 10:52 AM

Bought a queen mattress from sleep country and it's a Kingsdown. Paid around 1500$ total and that's with a massive discount. Has a little bit of a pillow top to it for comfort but it's all individual coils so it doesn't bother the gf when i roll around.