maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rides (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Big Im(Com)Pact - OEM E36 323Tii (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152121)

///M-TRD3 07-17-2012 05:52 AM

Big Im(Com)Pact - OEM E36 323Tii

8 Attachment(s)
Ironically, in my 10+ years on Max I think this is the first car I've ever posted something about. I guess it's only interesting when it's something that was n/a in N/A right? (or when sitting in an airline lounge waiting on a flight lol).

1998 BMW 323Ti Compact M Sport Package
Colour - Avusblau
Factory M52B25 - 2.5 ltr. I6
131k km.

Black/Antracite interior with partial leather (leather bolsters front and rear, cloth midsections, leather partition rear).
Factory M package steering wheel and shift knob.

Everything we'd normally list as upgrades or "Euro this, Euro that" is factory spec. so only neat things worthy of mention are the individual black headliner, rear seat headrests, PDC (very useful in Europe), and the anthracite individual 323ti cluster that it was delivered with when new.

M50 manifold w/ kit.
SGS Custom tune (regarded BMW tuner in Germany)
Z3 3.0 rear exhaust section fitted to 328i Cats and dual piping from manifold.

^ This is the only way to get a full 2 pipe system, using OEM parts, from the motor back on the 323ti. If you can find the Z3 parts it's a great solution for the 2 to 1 restricting exhaust setup these cars came with.

AP adjustable coilovers (Coilover line from KW)
HD rear shockmounts with Z3 reinforcement plates.

Style 32 wheels - 17x8 front et20 / 17x9 rear et26
215/40R/17's

OEM CD43 Headunit w/ OEM 6 CD changer
Harman Kardon Speakers

Sitting on the shelf waiting to be done:
Z3 SSK with busings and OEM ZHP weighted short knob.
Rare OEM Compact M Sport Package rear spoiler.

iPhone photos from earlier this summer are all I've got on this laptop at the moment. Hopefully will get around to taking some better pictures when able.

defaultName 07-17-2012 08:09 AM

Wow! Looks great!

I've tried several times to buy a Ti and it's never worked out. I'm sure I'll try again at some point. Need to get bored of E30's first though :D

Mystikal 07-17-2012 12:10 PM

Find me a Dakar one! Looks amazing Sheldon.

T.Dot_E30 07-17-2012 02:48 PM

Looks great!

Can you get a size profile shot when you have some time?
The only improvement would be to find a pair of 17x9s for the front, but it's perfect even as is.

Axxe 07-17-2012 05:47 PM

Looks like a great car to have in Europe.

jon.e 07-19-2012 08:58 AM

I like it! Nice car!

dbworld4k 07-19-2012 11:06 AM

Looks fantastic - so clean! I didn't know you moved to Europe.

Michel 07-19-2012 11:40 AM

Sheldon always has the best taste in cars! :)

WlodeK84 07-19-2012 01:21 PM

This is just the best compact ever. I am impressed to say the least.

Sick.

///M-TRD3 08-17-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defaultName (Post 1575135)
Wow! Looks great!

I've tried several times to buy a Ti and it's never worked out. I'm sure I'll try again at some point. Need to get bored of E30's first though :D

They're a very fun car, particularly with a 6 under the hood. If you're anything like me though, you'll never get bored of E30's (or atleast the right ones) so don't hold out too long.

Quote:

Find me a Dakar one! Looks amazing Sheldon.
Thanks Jay. Ironically a friend of mine in the UK has a very nice Dakar one with an AC Schnitzer theme, I think I've got a pic of it somewhere, will post it up for you when I get back on my personal laptop. BTW, love what you guys are doing at the shop.. dare I ask how you'd feel about a S54 under the hood of one of these ;)

Quote:

Looks great!

Can you get a size profile shot when you have some time?
The only improvement would be to find a pair of 17x9s for the front, but it's perfect even as is.
Hey Trev, I'll try to get a pic. I might have a side shot on my iPhone that I can post later, but it won't be the best resolution. The stance is, IMO, in person spot on, looks aggressive and stretched nicely without being overkill or too much rubber. I couldn't go any lower in ET up front without requiring fender work which I didn't want to bother with.

Quote:

Looks like a great car to have in Europe.
With the factory PDC it really is!

Quote:

Looks fantastic - so clean! I didn't know you moved to Europe.
Thanks Anuk.

Quote:

Sheldon always has the best taste in cars!
Thanks Michel! Sad to see you're not in a BMW anymore but my cousin has one of those newer GTI's as well and boy is it quick. I actually drove the R32 version, or Golf R as I think they've named it here, the other day. Both back roads and Autobahn, the thing was a beast anywhere I took it.

Thanks to everyone else for the kind words. Cheers

defaultName 08-17-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///M-TRD3 (Post 1578905)
They're a very fun car, particularly with a 6 under the hood. If you're anything like me though, you'll never get bored of E30's (or atleast the right ones) so don't hold out too long.

I've tried to buy a Ti 4 times over the last 10 years!

Each time I wasn't really looking for one, I just happened to find them somehow, but the sale always falls through.

Eventually I'll own one...

///M-TRD3 08-17-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WlodeK84 (Post 1575514)
This is just the best compact ever. I am impressed to say the least.

Sick.

Thanks Man, appreciate the compliment.

propr'one 08-17-2012 01:19 PM

so sick!

DAM 08-21-2012 10:00 PM

Nice ride Sheldon

///M-TRD3 08-22-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1578953)
so sick!

Gotta represent for the same chassis lol.

Quote:

Nice ride Sheldon
Thanks Derek. How's the Porsche doing?