maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rides (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   325Xi update (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151838)

1minte46 06-30-2012 04:57 AM

325Xi update

10 Attachment(s)
Hey guys its been a while since anyone has heard from me, but I just wanted to post a couple of pictures of the new wheels I got on my E46 325Xi. I know its probably not worth it but Im just curious to see what I can make of an Xi because to my understanding its not the easiest bmw to work with.

Sorry for the crappy quality in pictures but they were taken at spur of the moment by an iPhone. A little info they're 7 series rims from a 745. No spacers or anything was used in putting them on. I'm using stock wheels bolts and center caps.

I currently rub on the back only on rough roads because my rear shocks are shot hence why it looks like theres a smaller gap at the back. Im thinking of getting coil overs at some time in the future but I was just hoping that prices would drop a little because I'm looking for KW Variant 3's as they seem to be one of the best available on the market for the Xi but quite pricey. I think i just gotta suck it up and break the wallet a little bit to get the exact stance that Im looking for.

Please I'm open to anyone's opinions and comments on what you guys think of it so far. Ideas such as what I should do along with coil overs such as camber kits, spacers, wider tires, etc.... I was looking for more of a hella flush look. I think that to lower it just to get rid of the gap i may need to roll my fenders because of the wide offset.

Sorry for the bible of writing but here are the pictures enjoy.

Axxe 07-02-2012 07:33 PM

Your first worry is how to resize pictures properly.

cormier 07-02-2012 09:00 PM

Lookin nice

If you're worried about budget, KW V1s may be all you need

Blackedout95 07-02-2012 09:01 PM

I have ana XI, leave it alone, it's an XI for a reason lol

Seriously though, leave it alone.

cormier 07-03-2012 09:28 AM

Why not have some xi fun? Nothing crazy but I like my wheels and dynavin, smoked lights etc. I remember this one 330xi at bimmercruise that looked pretty nuts, not sure what the extent was besides visual though.

In terms of usable performance upgrades, I agree with you though. I do think the OPs suspension/stance ideas are a bit radical... Keep in mind you're going to want to stick to a square wheel setup so you'll never get a really radical look IMO. That said, with nice wheels and a moderate drop (around the range of stock rwd e46, or a tad lower) your xi should be bearable

Edit-- didn't realize you had 7 series wheels on there.... I'm guessing they're staggered too? :(

Op, if you're looking for moar power, sell it and get a 330, m3, or modded e30/e36.

1minte46 07-10-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cormier (Post 1573458)
Why not have some xi fun? Nothing crazy but I like my wheels and dynavin, smoked lights etc. I remember this one 330xi at bimmercruise that looked pretty nuts, not sure what the extent was besides visual though.

In terms of usable performance upgrades, I agree with you though. I do think the OPs suspension/stance ideas are a bit radical... Keep in mind you're going to want to stick to a square wheel setup so you'll never get a really radical look IMO. That said, with nice wheels and a moderate drop (around the range of stock rwd e46, or a tad lower) your xi should be bearable

Edit-- didn't realize you had 7 series wheels on there.... I'm guessing they're staggered too? :(

Op, if you're looking for moar power, sell it and get a 330, m3, or modded e30/e36.

thank you i appreciate the comments, i was looking to get rid of the wheel gap that i currently have, but to my understanding it looks like i may need to roll my fenders so that i don't end up rubbing when i lower it. I haven't heard or seen a single Xi that has the V3's and if it does I haven't seen one that is as low as someone can possibly lower it, that's why I'm really looking forward to see what can actually be possible with lowering the Xi.

sproule905 07-11-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe (Post 1573433)
Your first worry is how to resize pictures properly.

ha! love these kinds of comments!

///M325i 07-30-2012 05:54 PM

Those are nice wheels I don't know what they're doing on a e46?

///M325i 07-30-2012 05:58 PM

E36...