maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Cars For Sale (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   1988 325ix Touring Alpine White $7500 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151757)

vincenthclam 06-26-2012 12:30 AM

1988 325ix Touring Alpine White $7500

10 Attachment(s)
1988 325ix Touring Eurospec - Alpine White

$7500 Certified and E-tested
$6500 As Is

* 5 Speed manual transmission.
* 197xxx Kms.

I'm posting this ad for my father, who is the owner and seller of the car.

History: I bought the car in January 2008. It was imported to Canada in 2004 from Germany, and had one Canadian owner previous to myself. This was my daily driver for a couple of years. I loved it, but the arrival of three kids prompted my purchase of a larger car - a Volvo V70R as a daily driver. I gave the car to my dad in 2010. My parents thought they could use another car, but it turns out they prefer their Mercedes, and they don't drive the E30 very much, so it's up for sale.

My father's name is Andrew Lam. Inquiries should be directed to his email address or to him by telephone, rather than to me through the PM system here. The car is garage kept in downtown Toronto at my parents' condo, where it is available for viewing by interested parties.

Andrewbqlam(AT)hotmail(DOT)com
416 368 3457

Cool stuff:

* Black leather interior - seats are heated, height adjustable, in gorgeous condition.
* Rear seat head rests.
* M-Tec rearview mirror (lights on undersurface of mirrors).
* R134 A/C retrofitted and blows incredibly cold.
* Dash is crack-free.
* Euro 'smiley' headlamps.
* German check light panel
* Flat load surface (seat flips up, backs flip down) - both practical & cool.
* Maintained at Autotrend by Don Katsumi with an open-wallet policy - lots of money spent, truly too much maintenance to list. It was maintained to be kept by myself, and then in the family, so cared for generously.
* Extensive maintenance records available, both in our family and previous owner.
* Krown rust-sprayed.
* Alpine CD player.
* OEM BMW door tweeter speakers.
* Very solid car, with rust-free scuttles (ie: beneath A-pillars of windows, a vulnerable and expensive spot for E30 rust)
* Non-smoking - always.
* Freshly detailed.

A prospective buyer should know:

* Right front passenger door replaced - with new door - after it was dented while stationary.
* Small surface rust spots appearing at a few rocker seams and in hatch.
* Passenger side sun visor hangs down at an angle. It never bothered my father (who is a smaller man), but I just noticed the other day when I took the car for a spin.
* Has load cover for cargo area, which is somewhat rare, but one attachment point is broken and would need a few parts and fiddling to work perfectly. It can be put in place and then is totally functional, so we never got around to fixing it.

The best part:

The BMW obsessives, like me, will want to know this: Only 5273 E30 325ix Tourings were ever built, making this car even more rare than the E30 M3!
This car is rare, cool, practical, and unbelievably good in snow. It has all the solid goodness of the E30's in a lovely bright, white package.

davericher20 06-26-2012 02:18 PM

wow! good price! GLWS.
I saw this car in '07 with the previous owner in newmarket. I followed him home and we talked for hours. Not sure if you remember but I put him in touch with you when you were looking/he wanted to sell.

vincenthclam 06-28-2012 10:18 PM

Yes, I do remember perfectly. It is still a 'perfect package' car in my estimation - right size, power, AWD, practicality of wagon, so I tried to keep it in the family by giving it to my dad. But he likes his Benz, so fair enough. Anyhow, the only thing it doesn't do is take 3 child seats! I've really enjoyed it, though, and now I've got the E30 M3, so I've still got my E30 fix. Thanks for the hookup Dave - it's a great car. Sad to see it go...

jmack 06-29-2012 02:57 PM

Nice car, good luck. If I didn't already have a 540 sportwagon I'd be very interested. Killer deal and 5 speed to boot.

I should convince my Dad to ditch his Mazda5 and rock this!

supernaught 06-29-2012 04:05 PM

awesome car, looks like a great deal. I'd happily trade a beautiful cloth touring interior for just those rear touring seats! I'll throw in matching door cards!

absolutdog 06-29-2012 09:47 PM

oh oh oh
I want this ride sooo bad!!

lvan 06-30-2012 12:20 AM

Very nice. As you can see, an 1988+ came with plastic/colour matched bumpers.

vincenthclam 09-03-2012 12:39 AM

bump

vincenthclam 09-06-2012 10:33 PM

Updated pricing!

6500 certified, e tested

Obo as-is!

(because I've been asked... There are no known issues that would impede certification, and it has always passed e test without difficulty)

supernaught 09-07-2012 10:42 AM

Damn, that's a smokin' deal from the look of it. If I didnt already have my touring, I'd be all over this one.

jello_g 09-07-2012 11:06 AM

Nice car, free bump!

jello_g 09-07-2012 11:25 AM

I should add that as a owner/previous owner of both e30 ix and M3, it isn't necessarily the rarity factor of the ix that makes it so appealing, it's because it's just so different from the other e30's. Mind you, I had a slush-box 4-dr sedan ix, so this vehicle for sale here is that much more of a no brainer if I were in the market again. GLWS.

StirlingM5 09-08-2012 08:42 PM

Vincent! It's E34 M5 track days guy from North Bay... how are you doing? PM me at info@alpina.ca

tcheb 09-18-2012 06:29 PM

dude! Where were you 6 months ago when I decided to import one from Europe!!!!

vincenthclam 09-18-2012 10:17 PM

Thanks all... Sold.