maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Body/Lighting (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Real Carbon Fiber Emblems Hood and Trunk (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151386)

mamadci 06-08-2012 08:54 AM

Real Carbon Fiber Emblems Hood and Trunk

2 Attachment(s)
I am selling a set of brand new REAL carbon fiber BMW emblems (hood and trunk). they fit all E46s both coupe and sedan (not convertibles). you are more than welcome to install these when we meet up. PM me if interested and i can meet you in Mississauga. these have pins in the back like the OEM emblems so installation is super easy. these are not stickers or fake carbon fibers.

the pictures you see is what i took my self not stolen from internet.
Also have the blue and silver carbon fiber available.
Asking $40 for a SET.

jrat59 06-10-2012 09:04 AM

Looking for an oem trunk bmw logo.
Was at my GF's in the country and some little d*ck f*ck
stole my bmw trunk logo.

live in ottawa would you mail them to me?

PM me Please!

Not12Wrk_M3 06-12-2012 03:01 AM

I need new emblems also pm me abour trunk

mamadci 06-19-2012 08:38 AM

still available guys. you can mix and match sizes too. i have 82mm and 74mm.

Michel 06-19-2012 10:37 AM

Hey man, by the way the set you sold me turned brown when sitting in the sun. The clear coat is also all cracked now too...

BMWCoupe 06-19-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michel (Post 1571703)
Hey man, by the way the set you sold me turned brown when sitting in the sun. The clear coat is also all cracked now too...

Same! Wait till they fall off in the rain!

Replaced them with colored roundels on Bimmian. They have a code on Kijiji so I got a discount (KEIFBMW1) That I typed into my discount shopping cart. these are amazing and haven't turned yellow like the previous ones. Very dissapointsd In the yellow/goldish color that it turned

mamadci 06-19-2012 01:29 PM

this is strange cause i had mine for more than a year with no issue. did you guys clear coated them? i did clear coated mine heavily before i installed them and may be that's why they're still ok. i guess i should have told you guys to clear coat these. as far as i know bimmian only sells overlays and of course they will never change color cause they are just stickers.

BMWCoupe 06-19-2012 01:34 PM

It's not only it changing color it's also they fall off. The actual piece that holds it to the good stays on but the emblem falls off. Maybe I got a bad one I don't know but I do regret getting them and I don't want to bad mouth the product because I was happy for a month and they looked sweet. Now I can't even tell if their CF.

As for bimmian yeah their overlay but vinly ones and they have held up beautifully. Anyways I'll pm you. Maybe clear coating them solves all this

mamadci 06-19-2012 01:41 PM

i understand what you're saying but i am sure they are real carbon fiber cause only real ones turn yellow if they are not clear coated properly (search on google). i should have told you to clear coated them but don't know why i didn't. the part about falling off i have no idea why that happened probably it was defective or something.

BMWCoupe 06-19-2012 01:42 PM

Check PM

BMWCoupe 06-19-2012 03:02 PM

ok so heres an update for any new potential buyers.

Since i bought mine, they have apparently improved the emblem and are different then the ones i got. So im going to meet mamadci whenever he can (hopefully today) and i will let everyone know how they compare to my old ones and if there are differences or not!

Michel 06-19-2012 06:24 PM

^I bought mine off him less than 2 weeks ago, so likely have the new ones by the way.

mamadci 06-19-2012 07:40 PM

due to issues that the above guys had with these i am no longer selling these. mods remove

BMWCoupe 06-19-2012 10:28 PM

man tried to PM you but its full. I texted you though, let me know!

khurram 06-21-2012 07:56 PM

my hood one is ok but the trunk one fell off
they looked nice for couple months

I'm going to get the new ones from you and see how they turn out (Y)