maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Problem with Kia Dealership (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150946)

Xray 05-18-2012 01:11 PM

Problem with Kia Dealership
 
Last week (may 11th) me and a buddy went to test drive a Kia Optima at the Woodchester location and everything went fine. The dealer sat in the back seat and while i went for a spin. I rear parked the car to see how the rear camera worked. After that, we went back inside the dealer, talked abit, and walked away.

On May 16th ( 5 days after ) I got a voice mail from the dealer saying that they want to talk to me. I ignored the message thinking it was probably an offer to get me back in the dealership. Today ( May 18th ) he called my house and I spoke with him. He is basically telling me that the rear bumper is scratched from my test drive. He said he wants me to come in and speak the the store manager and see what we can do and how it is better to resolve it this way than having to involve the police. He also said that when he checked my previous visits to the dealer, he saw that a day before i test drove the Optima, i was there with my dad and test drove the Sportage "and left the dealer with no outcome".

Now, I am 100% sure that i did not hit anything because first of all, there was a good foot and a half space in the camera with the curb. Second of all, when we got out, we checked the car one last time (to admire the looks of it). Thirdly, howcome nobody felt the bump?? the curb that was behind the car, was just a regular 6inch curb. how the hell does it scratch the rear bumper??

any ways, I told him that I am not coming in the dealer, because I did not do this. What do you guys think??? can he use my drivers license to file a claim?? can he actually call me after all these days and tell me that I caused the accident? what the hell is the point of the dealer sitting in the car then???

Thanks

damameke 05-18-2012 01:32 PM

I wouldn't ignore this but would speak to the president of that dealership
relating what you had posted, telling him the onus is on the sales person(the guy that sat in the back seat) to check the car after the test drive, which he didnt, and after 5 days , it could have been other test pilots.. you should be in the clear.....they cant prove that it was you...

lvan 05-18-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damameke (Post 1566811)
I wouldn't ignore this but would speak to the president of that dealership
relating what you had posted, telling him the onus is on the sales person(the guy that sat in the back seat) to check the car after the test drive, which he didnt, and after 5 days , it could have been other test pilots.. you should be in the clear.....they cant prove that it was you...

+1.

I think they just want some cash thinking you test drove it for a joyride.

328IScreamer 05-18-2012 02:07 PM

your first mistake was walking into a kia dealership

lol not to bash the thread but I have little respect for cars that just steal every possible idea from other companies and just sell cheaper lower quality versions

About your problem I don't think the dealership has a foot to stand on here, not only did they come to you days later they are trying to pin something on you that technically would have easily bin noticed at time of incident.

I would measure hight of curb and height of scratch on bumper, chances are they don't match. Secondly I would talk to the guy who did the test pilot with you and ask him why he didn't say anything when both of you were looking over the car after the test pilot. thirdly i'd ask to see recod of test pilots on that car, chances are there were several after you. Even if there was just one there is enough evidence in your favour for you not to be legally obligated to do anything.

If a dealership tried this with me there is no way in hell I would pay a cent.......and the fact you were in test driving a diff car the day before has no bearing on this incident I don't understand why they needed to bring it up

bmwm5lover 05-18-2012 02:11 PM

I would tell him that I would only come to the dealer to see him if his wife was there...mouth open and waiting.
Scamming bastards.

BigD 05-18-2012 02:23 PM

I wouldn't worry if I was you. If he calls again, tell him that if he contacts you about this nonsense again, you'll report HIM to the police for harassment. Remind him that it's you and your buddy against him as witnesses, AND he was in the car and said nothing at the time. There is absolutely no way you'll be held accountable.

Xray 05-18-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 328IScreamer (Post 1566824)
your first mistake was walking into a kia dealership

lol not to bash the thread but I have little respect for cars that just steal every possible idea from other companies and just sell cheaper lower quality versions

About your problem I don't think the dealership has a foot to stand on here, not only did they come to you days later they are trying to pin something on you that technically would have easily bin noticed at time of incident.

I would measure hight of curb and height of scratch on bumper, chances are they don't match. Secondly I would talk to the guy who did the test pilot with you and ask him why he didn't say anything when both of you were looking over the car after the test pilot. thirdly i'd ask to see recod of test pilots on that car, chances are there were several after you. Even if there was just one there is enough evidence in your favour for you not to be legally obligated to do anything.

If a dealership tried this with me there is no way in hell I would pay a cent.......and the fact you were in test driving a diff car the day before has no bearing on this incident I don't understand why they needed to bring it up

I agree with you... I still remember the curb because it wasn't higher than 6 inches. i was shocked when he brought up the the fact that i test drove a diff car the day before, and when I asked what that has to do with anything, he changed the topic.
I called my insurance and told them what happened and they said it is a scam and they will open up an investigation in case Kia files a claim.

Xray 05-18-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD (Post 1566828)
I wouldn't worry if I was you. If he calls again, tell him that if he contacts you about this nonsense again, you'll report HIM to the police for harassment. Remind him that it's you and your buddy against him as witnesses, AND he was in the car and said nothing at the time. There is absolutely no way you'll be held accountable.

*th-up* will do

Quote:

I would tell him that I would only come to the dealer to see him if his wife was there...mouth open and waiting.
Scamming bastards.
:D:D

aspen540 05-18-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD (Post 1566828)
I wouldn't worry if I was you. If he calls again, tell him that if he contacts you about this nonsense again, you'll report HIM to the police for harassment. Remind him that it's you and your buddy against him as witnesses, AND he was in the car and said nothing at the time. There is absolutely no way you'll be held accountable.

there is no law against reporting vandalism. him and his buddy are witnesses? how about the 10+ people working the respective in the department at the dealership, never mind the supplier. i'd rather call a lawyer

BigD 05-18-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspen540 (Post 1566838)
there is no law against reporting vandalism. him and his buddy are witnesses? how about the 10+ people working the respective in the department at the dealership, never mind the supplier. i'd rather call a lawyer

3 people were present when they parked and got out of the car: him, his friend and the sales men. 10+ people working, 100+ walking around on the streets or millions others in the city do not factor in.

SickFinga 05-18-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspen540 (Post 1566838)
there is no law against reporting vandalism. him and his buddy are witnesses? how about the 10+ people working the respective in the department at the dealership, never mind the supplier. i'd rather call a lawyer

What are you even talking about? What vandalism? What 10+ people? Did those 10+ people actually see him hitting anything with the car? Highly doubt it since even the sales person who was in the car did not mention anything.

I'd tell the dealership to **** off for trying to pin it on me and shop somewhere else.

calegrant 05-18-2012 04:31 PM

Quite an arrogant dealer to think anyone would "joyride" in a kia lol

T.Dot_E30 05-18-2012 04:34 PM

Pay them a visit at night, show them who is bauss

sirex 05-18-2012 04:41 PM

LOL at poster who think its vandalism.

NOTORIOUS VR 05-18-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspen540 (Post 1566838)
there is no law against reporting vandalism. him and his buddy are witnesses? how about the 10+ people working the respective in the department at the dealership, never mind the supplier. i'd rather call a lawyer

you're on a roll


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015