maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cutting a tree down by-laws (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150847)

tig 05-14-2012 10:25 PM

Cutting a tree down by-laws

Have a stupid maple tree on my driveway which sprays sap all over the cars. Its getting really annoying. The tree is on my property however it is over 30cm in diameter which i guess makes it protected by the city by-laws.

Has anyone had the same situation? Am i able to at least trim the tree down without getting a fine from the city? its a really big tree. Had a friend tell me that apparently you can say that the sap is damaging your property and make a case with the city to have the tree removed. Doesn't sound right to me.

Oyster 05-14-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tig (Post 1566047)
Have a stupid maple tree on my driveway which sprays sap all over the cars. Its getting really annoying. The tree is on my property however it is over 30cm in diameter which i guess makes it protected by the city by-laws.

Has anyone had the same situation? Am i able to at least trim the tree down without getting a fine from the city? its a really big tree. Had a friend tell me that apparently you can say that the sap is damaging your property and make a case with the city to have the tree removed. Doesn't sound right to me.

take a picture.

I hired a arborist who took care of business! wink wink

Discostar 05-14-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tig (Post 1566047)

Dont park under the tree.

Problem solved.

tig 05-14-2012 11:48 PM

Tree takes over the whole driveway not an option.

Have a the number for the arbortrist ?

propr'one 05-15-2012 12:32 PM

You'll need to find an arborist who will say the tree is sick or a danger to your home. This isn't easy to do. Good luck.

NE46IL 05-15-2012 02:56 PM

Can you post a pic of the tree?

325isdan 05-15-2012 03:10 PM

The tree could always mysteriously "die".

propr'one 05-15-2012 03:58 PM

^^i know someone who got charged for poisonining a tree that was on city property. he ended up beating it in court but it cost a shitload of money.

Why not just put a sun tent above where you park? it will protect your car from sap and UV

Blades 05-15-2012 04:19 PM

I have more problems with leaves and such falling from the tree then sap. Sap sucks especially trying to clean the car .. good luck to you.

HavocSteve 05-15-2012 06:21 PM

Happened to my parents in Oshawa, took about 2 months before the arb guy came to look, then another month for the city to come and auger the side of the tree out of the way so we could drain beside the 2 houses since it was a lake when heavy rainfall happened. The tree is slowly dieing now but they wanted to still keep it alive for as long as possible. So dumb... just say some kid hit ur tree or something lol.

tig 05-15-2012 10:52 PM

I called the city apprently as long as the tree is not completely cut from the stump it's considered pruning or trimming. So I'm probably just going to do that. Will still be able to pretty much cut all the small branches and leaves off. And you don't need a permit for that. had an arb guy quote me $650 today to do that. Seems like a lot. Ivan I actually have a tent on my driveway. The problem is that this is at my parents house where I spend a few nights a week. And between my 645, my 740, my brothers m3 his winter beater, my dads 7 and my moms suv there is a lot of cars that park on the driveway lol. My 7 not currently drive able and it's parked in the only spot on the driveway where I have the tent and it's not affected by the tree. I can park my car under the tent it's just a pain in the ass to move the cars around. And it's not just my car that's getting ruined its all of them. As for the pic I will take one as soon as I'm back at the parents house. Currently at my other house in Richmond hill waiting for the tree to get cut down before I can go back there lol. I stay at my parents place during the week because it's closer to work and mommy still cooks for me lol.

propr'one 05-15-2012 11:10 PM

dude seriously, i'm not going to help you with your problems if i keep having to hear about your 62 bmw's and 14 houses.

tig 05-15-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1566290)
dude seriously, i'm not going to help you with your problems if i keep having to hear about your 62 bmw's and 14 houses.

Lmfao, 14 houses I wish, i would retire. And the BMWs are all older, your average civic on the road is worth more. Sorry will never mention them again. Didn't realize I had in the past lol.

momax_powers 05-16-2012 01:12 AM

whats the best or easiest way to remove the sap?

propr'one 05-16-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tig (Post 1566298)
Lmfao, 14 houses I wish, i would retire. And the BMWs are all older, your average civic on the road is worth more. Sorry will never mention them again. Didn't realize I had in the past lol.

I'm just playing man, jealousy is a female trait. The 740 your winter beater?

Momax, the only thing i've found that works well is soaking it and then using a claybar. Its best to try to get it off right away. I have no idea what i'm going to do if/when i get it on my canvas top.