maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 series (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Alpina ready (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150657)

PaulG 05-06-2012 12:58 AM

Alpina ready
 
2 Attachment(s)
Just waxed it today. Ready for the new season *th-up*

Ted in T.O. 05-06-2012 08:29 AM

I just love the colour Paul.*th-up*

bmwm5lover 05-06-2012 10:12 PM

Gorgeous!! ITS not manual is it?

PaulG 05-07-2012 12:18 AM

Thanks a lot. Likewise, I've noticed your M5 on many threads; Looks amazing!!!
No, it's the same 4 speed transmission 4HP24EH but I believe that Alpina did some changes to the shift points. Not 100% sure but I recall hearing something. Only 4 speed but according to the map, the first goes up to 89 km/h and 2nd to 148 :)

bmwm5lover 05-08-2012 10:09 AM

God the thing is incredible, you really need to bring it by one of the meets so we can drool over it. If it was manual I would simply need to convince you to trade with me!! haha

All I would do would be smoked front corners, all red rear tail lights and black out the chrome and get some sunshades installed (unless you have them already)

740-iLL 05-08-2012 10:33 AM

Awesome Alpina Paul!

Would love to have you join the GTA7 Series club!

You can email me at SEVEN40iL AT gmail DOT com

Nick_V 05-08-2012 10:39 AM

Saw you cruising on Hwy 6. into Port Dover a while back (I think in March during that freak warm weather we had). I was heading back toward Hamilton in my work truck so I didn't bother honking or waving, lol. Love that car.

BMW_7 05-08-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwm5lover (Post 1564843)
God the thing is incredible, you really need to bring it by one of the meets so we can drool over it. If it was manual I would simply need to convince you to trade with me!! haha

All I would do would be smoked front corners, all red rear tail lights and black out the chrome and get some sunshades installed (unless you have them already)

I'm sure if he really wanted he could have swapped it. :) hint hint Terry

bmwm5lover 05-08-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_7 (Post 1564903)
I'm sure if he really wanted he could have swapped it. :) hint hint Terry


No no, its almost a shame to change anything on a car like this. IMO, the more original, the higher value it would keep since it is such a low volume car compared to most other BMW's.

PaulG 05-08-2012 07:50 PM

Thanks a lot for the kind words, guys! The funny thing is that probably 2 years ago I was seriously looking at an e39 M5. Probably it would have been easy to convince me for a swap..haha. The other thing that I like is the classic car insurance, which is practically nothing.
Indeed, I was at Port Dover in that weekend :)
With regards to mods, I agree with you. I even replaced the LED parking lights in the front with the original bulbs. Everything I replaced, I tried to keep it original. There is one mod that I will admit to have done; the previous owner had a silver cd player which I had to throw out. For the convenience of CDs, mp3 I opted for a Nakamichi CD-300 which I believe almost looks OEM. Simple, nothing fancy. The irony is that it's NEVER on :)

Hope to see you all soon, for a meet/cruise.
Cheers,

Paul

bmwm5lover 05-09-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulG (Post 1564968)
Thanks a lot for the kind words, guys! The funny thing is that probably 2 years ago I was seriously looking at an e39 M5. Probably it would have been easy to convince me for a swap..haha. The other thing that I like is the classic car insurance, which is practically nothing.
Indeed, I was at Port Dover in that weekend :)
With regards to mods, I agree with you. I even replaced the LED parking lights in the front with the original bulbs. Everything I replaced, I tried to keep it original. There is one mod that I will admit to have done; the previous owner had a silver cd player which I had to throw out. For the convenience of CDs, mp3 I opted for a Nakamichi CD-300 which I believe almost looks OEM. Simple, nothing fancy. The irony is that it's NEVER on :)

Hope to see you all soon, for a meet/cruise.
Cheers,

Paul

Sounds good Paul,
well I guess next time we are at a meet together we might just have to swap keys....;)

Ted in T.O. 05-09-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwm5lover (Post 1565060)
Sounds good Paul,
well I guess next time we are at a meet together we might just have to swap keys....;)

Jumpin ship from the 5er's Terry?:D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.