maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Cars For Sale (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   1991 318iS (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150634)

gravyface 05-04-2012 07:20 PM

1991 318iS

641K on the body, engine rebuilt roughly 4 years ago with 6k since then (top end mostly, I replaced the oil pan gasket after tightening up those dreaded bolts that come loose). Almost brand new winters on bottle caps (one season), good condition HRI Fuzions on OE basketweaves. Coil-on-plug kit and Mark D 91 octane chip. Everything else is pretty much OEM (owner before me had said that a Colin from BMW London had owned it for years and did all the work himself).

Car pulls really good, is straight, body is probably a 6/10, been re-painted at one time, bit of over spray here and there, but cleans up pretty well.

Leaks oil from dipstick tube a bit but I just ordered a new o-ring to fix that; power steering did leak (and does a tiny tiny bit because I'm an idiot and lost a couple of o-rings when I replaced a split hose last summer); bought new o-rings for that too.

Bought a brand new throttle cable and all the grommets that go with it as the grommets are cracked on the current one so the throttle is a little touchy right now.

Have a brand new timing chain tensioner I haven't installed but I don't think it needs it; bought it on a whim and never installed it.

Also brand new complete set of belts (3) plus an extra alternator belt (see the pattern here? Buy lots of parts, don't put them on).

Year old Bluetooth/MP3/iPod (and USB) deck. Stock speakers. New battery.

Thanks to our Canadian winter roads, there's some rust underneath in the usual spots, but she's tight. Will come with a "new" used trunk spoiler (current one is warped, paint chipped off) and front IS lip, primed, brand-new. With those in place, painted to match, I'd say it's a 8/10.

Interior is grey cloth and absolutely mint; skeptical, head-shaking people open up the door and go, "wow, really good shape" (I guess they thought there would be a couple of dead hookers in there? Jeez). Only a very small, hard to notice 1 cm crack in the dash.

Tach and speedo stick a bit, takes a thump to get them to work again; too lazy to take it apart but from what I've read it's just a connector that's loose.

Clock/LED display looks like that wrist watch countdown bomb thing that the Predator used when he blew himself up at the end. I actually kind of like it like that lol

Would either make a classy winter car or with some body lovin' a beaut all around.

I don't know what it's worth. I paid $5000 three years ago, but has been a reliable daily driver. Pulls really well, always puts a smile on my face because it's so light (and RARE, no sunroof so even lighter than other 318s).

Now that I have the e46, just not driving it.

Make me a realistic offer. Will put up pix later.

BimmerBoys 05-04-2012 07:32 PM

Hey was this colin's white is? If yes then that car is very nice.

Although the london market is quite slow right now. I can't even give mine away for 4000$
So don't expect to fund your kids university when you sell.

That being said, I have a frien who may be looking. Put up a kijiji ad and settle on a price.

gravyface 05-04-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BimmerBoys (Post 1564247)
Hey was this colin's white is? If yes then that car is very nice.

Although the london market is quite slow right now. I can't even give mine away for 4000$
So don't expect to fund your kids university when you sell.

That being said, I have a frien who may be looking. Put up a kijiji ad and settle on a price.

Yup, I bought it off the sales guy who worked with Colin, and yes, the car is really nice, but it does need to take care of a few things obviously.

If you can do the work yourself, it's a no brainer because all the parts are paid for and ready to go.

BimmerBoys 05-04-2012 07:39 PM

Bring the car out on sunday night to the london meet, I'll see if I can get my buddy to come out and have a look at it

gravyface 05-04-2012 08:09 PM

where are you guys meeting?

gravyface 05-13-2012 10:06 AM

$3500. Let's do this.

EDIT: I can't edit my original post for some reason. Anyways, yeah, $3500. Come git some.

gravyface 05-16-2012 07:57 AM

bumpsky

gravyface 05-18-2012 07:59 PM

Bumpola

Emsan 05-19-2012 11:22 AM

waiting on detailed photos

gravyface 05-19-2012 02:33 PM

Need to get my lazy ass to wash it first, but yeah, will do.

grant_jr 05-22-2012 07:40 PM

same here waiting for pictures subbed

marc w 05-22-2012 09:04 PM

picsssssss

gravyface 05-24-2012 08:15 PM

Sunday, gents. Washing, waxing, and will take a bunch of pics with an SLR. Any requests?

grant_jr 05-25-2012 02:16 AM

- The Bay
- The Rust Spots
- The Money Shots
- The Interior
- Extra Parts?...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

gravyface 05-28-2012 09:30 AM

Never stopped raining on Sunday, fellas. Your patience is appreciated.