maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Man dies in single-vehicle (BMW) crash in Markham (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150068)

bmwm5lover 04-12-2012 10:08 AM

Man dies in single-vehicle (BMW) crash in Markham

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local.../?hub=CP24Home

Wonder if it is anyone on Max? Lots of York region peeps on here. :(

FelixT 04-12-2012 01:29 PM

so many bmw accidents recently...

Steve30 04-12-2012 09:24 PM

Apparently some guy crashed his BMW at a meet in Woodbridge a week ago? Not sure if its true but a friend told me.

Blackedout95 04-12-2012 09:54 PM

After being in TO last weekend for easter and more north at times there's just a lot of bimmers period lol

I stayed at my brother in laws and well walking through his condos under ground parking saw a bunch, one was a max member (dark blue e39 that I saw for sale here) small world. I also saw a e46 silver M3 vert with chrome rims...god I hope that wasn't a member here.

EuroSpec_92 04-12-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FelixT (Post 1559745)
so many bmw accidents recently...

Whats a difference between a porcupine and a Bmw?

The pricks are on the inside.

I drive a bmw too, but some drivers are very cocky and insain.

Jim .E. 04-13-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havok_2011 (Post 11743927)
he used to work at streextreme, the shop that i go to. Ron (owner of the shop) talked to me today about it :(

it was a 330i sedan, but with lots of mods.

Ron told me the car rolled over 20 times, must have been going amazingly fast. He was ejected from the car while it was tumbling. :(

rip, he was young too, only 26 years old. Sad to hear.

rip.

ericdalinda 04-13-2012 02:40 AM

I have mixed feelings about this.

SiR 04-13-2012 11:16 AM

they were reporting it as an SUV...

so confused. The distance of the crash and debris. he had to have been covering some serious and I mean super serious ground

even still you dont get ejected if you were wearing your seat belt... its like the kid in the range that died. the driver stayed put. the passenger got ejected..which tells me he wasnt wearing his belt. Still horrible

Im surprised they didnt light up the news with street racing this and street racing that.

The-Traveler 04-13-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiR (Post 1559946)
they were reporting it as an SUV...

so confused. The distance of the crash and debris. he had to have been covering some serious and I mean super serious ground

even still you dont get ejected if you were wearing your seat belt... its like the kid in the range that died. the driver stayed put. the passenger got ejected..which tells me he wasnt wearing his belt. Still horrible

Im surprised they didnt light up the news with street racing this and street racing that.

They would have, had another car been involved. I wonder how fast he was going?

I'm going to guess he was on high performance summers and the temperature was low, and he didn't know how terrible those tires handle at low temps, so what he could do in the summer wasn't feasable this time.

Blackedout95 04-13-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Traveler (Post 1559955)
They would have, had another car been involved. I wonder how fast he was going?

I'm going to guess he was on high performance summers and the temperature was low, and he didn't know how terrible those tires handle at low temps, so what he could do in the summer wasn't feasable this time.

Im going to say no, serious street tire or not he was going too fast, no tire handles that well sideways at 100+mph. It wasn't a tire that killed him, it was him. Unless of course they come out with news of a fault we do not know.

The-Traveler 04-13-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackedout95 (Post 1560016)
Im going to say no, serious street tire or not he was going too fast, no tire handles that well sideways at 100+mph. It wasn't a tire that killed him, it was him. Unless of course they come out with news of a fault we do not know.

I agree it was his fault, just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I haven't seen that video yet; no idea how far he landed from the road.

JeffCharger 04-13-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Traveler (Post 1560036)
I agree it was his fault, just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I haven't seen that video yet; no idea how far he landed from the road.

They said the body was 50 metres from the SUV, and his shoe was on the roof of the plaza. The police questimated that he was travelling at 160km/h.

Discostar 04-13-2012 05:58 PM

I know that area well. That intersection is cresting a hill, and people making a left from oncoming would be invisible to a driver going westbound. Definitely a stupid place to be speeding like that.

The crest is pretty abrupt also. If he was going anywhere near 160km/hr I would put money on it that he actually got some air coming over that hill. Even if he didnt, with the way the road drops away, it unsettles a car even at 70km/hr. Iím not surprised he ended up where he did.

What a moron. He paid with his life.

JeffCharger 04-13-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discostar (Post 1560052)
I know that area well. That intersection is cresting a hill, and people making a left from oncoming would be invisible to a driver going westbound. Definitely a stupid place to be speeding like that.

The crest is pretty abrupt also. If he was going anywhere near 160km/hr I would put money on it that he actually got some air coming over that hill. Even if he didnt, with the way the road drops away, it unsettles a car even at 70km/hr. Iím not surprised he ended up where he did.

What a moron. He paid with his life.

Yes, and the road curves right after the crest.....

Robb 04-13-2012 09:45 PM

How dumb can you be to go 200 Kph in a 60 ?
Even if I was drunk I wouldnt do that ! fcplm

Btw, you catch gravel or a bump in the road, no sticky tires will save you !

Here's another pic of the car

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...6&postcount=12