maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   5 series (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   BMW shops/stores in the GTA (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149828)

wc123wc 04-02-2012 01:09 PM

BMW shops/stores in the GTA

Hello,

I got my E39 two weeks ago and I am loving it! I want to do some upgrades to it, and I need to know about the shops in the GTA that sell BMW parts (OEM or after market, new or used). So far I am only familiar with ExtremeParts on Steels. Any other shops? I am in no rush to upgrade the parts that's why I am shopping around. I am particularly looking for the after market M5 bumpers, and side mirrors.

Thanks a lot for your tips in advance!

PS: If you are looking for a body shop in the GTA try Impera Body and Paint Shop. Rick, is the nicest man I've met in a very, very long time. And his prices can't be beat! Mister John quoted me $700-$800 to fix the rear bumper, and the Brochil Brothers quoted me $400-$500. Rick quoted me $300 with 5 years warranty and he is so nice I am pretty sure he is willing to do the installation labour for under $100. He also quoted me $550 for painting both M5 after market bumpers and the side mirrors! (His shop is near Kennedy and Ellesmere, and he has over 30 years experience.)

wc123wc 04-03-2012 12:27 AM

Pump!

jmack 04-20-2012 09:11 AM

Any body parts I would go OEM. Check Maranellow BMW for possibly decent pricing. Not sure what else you are looking for, is your 540 a six speed?

MLue1 05-04-2012 06:33 PM

I just came back from ExtremeParts on Steels,...albeit empty handed.:(

I was looking for DEPO Headlights,..spoke to them early this afternoon by the time I drove from Markham to Woodbridge the price that I was quoted on the phone went up a fair bit highter. I dont blame the OP for shopping around.

Any one know of another shop that carry DEPO or DJ Auto headlights at a fair price, please let me know.

momax_powers 05-05-2012 12:53 AM

try ddmtuning.com

MLue1 05-05-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momax_powers (Post 1564293)
try ddmtuning.com

They are in the US.

MLue1 05-07-2012 09:01 PM

Beware of pricing from Extremeparts on Steeles

Sorry OP, I do not intend to hijack your thread, but this story needs to be told.

UPDATE: I was in a tough spot, so against my better judgement I had to get the DEPO Headlights from Extremeparts on Steele, as no one else had them in GTA. Today I had my friend(s) call and one got a half decent price, the dude who tried to bait and switch me was he ever surprised when I showed up to pick up the lights with my friend for $50 less than he tried to gouge me for.... can you say ackward :). I didn't say a word as I wanted the part. Can you believe that within two days, this place quoted 4 different prices within a range of $90 for the same part.... unbelivable, I won't be doing business with them again.

wc123wc 05-07-2012 09:04 PM

No problem. I agree with you. I went to ExtremeParts and bought nothing because the man was so dry in his dealing and he just wanted me to pay for parts I was merely asking about! If I had bought everything he showed me I would've paid $1,000 that day! That's why I am looking for another shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLue1 (Post 1564738)
Sorry OP, I do not intend to hijack your thread, but this story needs to be told.

UPDATE: I was in a tough spot, so against my better judgement I had to get the DEPO Headlights from Extremeparts on Steele, as no one else had them in GTA. Today I had my friend(s) call and one got a half decent price, the idiot who tried to bait and switch me was he ever surprised when I showed up to pick up the lights with my friend for $50 less than he tried to gouge me for.... can you say ackward :). I didn't say a word as I wanted the part. Can you believe that within two days, this place quoted 4 different prices within a range of $90 for the same part.... unbelivable, I won't be doing business with them again.

wc123wc 06-17-2012 12:55 AM

Actually, I just went to ExtremeParts a couple of days ago and the same guy was so nice and helpful. He even came out to see my car to make sure I was looking for the correct part. He gave me all quotes and availability in stock. I didn't buy anything because I needed to take my car to the bodyshop and then I can order what they need, and he said, "Yes, that's a good idea. First, make sure you know what you need then you can get it." And his prices were even decent. I think you should give him another chance.

MLue1 06-17-2012 01:33 AM

I wonder why he is so nice to E39 owners... .

wc123wc 06-17-2012 01:40 AM

Haha! May be he feels bad for us since our cars are always at the mechanic! :(

Big Chin 06-17-2012 09:18 PM

Buy my rims...

richmak 08-28-2012 10:35 PM

I'd strongly suggest ordering from US and have your purchases shipped to a mail handler, e.g., CBI USA. It saves you lots of money and you don't have to deal with the difficulties of shopping around in GTA.

Auto-links 09-07-2012 03:05 AM

We are a canadian distributor for umnitza,
also check out ************ they offer pickup in oshawa

Auto-links 09-07-2012 03:06 AM

bimmian