maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Problems ordering headbolts (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149566)

The Twin 03-23-2012 12:40 PM

Problems ordering headbolts

I had originally ordered a set or raceware headbolts for my m20. Waited almost a month for them and I contacted the distributor and said that for logistical reasons, can't ship them to Canada.

After a little more research, I opted for some metric blues from mcmaster-carr, since I'm not running a major boost application and my engine won't be seeing anything over 10psi.

Ordered them through the mcmaster Carr website, and same issue. They won't deliver to a non-established distributor in Canada.

Freg.
I got in touch with Arek from 8-legs racing, who mentioned there may be some who have had the success in having them shipped here.

With that said, has anyone?

And before anyone suggests arp, I'm just not going for them as per the same reason I'm no longer going raceware.

Lmk if anyone has access to ordering with mcmaster Carr, and how you did it.

Cheers,
Ryan

liquidc3lls 03-23-2012 02:39 PM

got a few buddies mechanics who recently did a head gasket job on an e30, let me ask them for ya maybe they know more.

cheers

The Twin 03-23-2012 02:58 PM

thanks, I appreciate that.

just be it known, not looking for OEM headbolts...at the very least the Metric Blues that many have used with varying successes on their applications.

cheers

bmwconnect 03-23-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Twin (Post 1555463)
thanks, I appreciate that.

just be it known, not looking for OEM headbolts...at the very least the Metric Blues that many have used with varying successes on their applications.

cheers

I had head lift on my boosted M42 and switched to metric blue studs and problem solved. I ordered from a company in Toronto and I will try and find the bill from two years ago.

Tekals 03-24-2012 12:36 PM

I beleive mcmaster carr will sell to any company but not to simple customers.

I use it all the time at university, they ship within 2 days to ottawa no problem from the warehouse in toronto. First time i used it I was impressed how simple it was. We usually pay with POs but you can also pay with MC or Visa.

Basically, try to get it ship at work and pay it with credit card in your account.

carjoe 03-25-2012 10:01 AM

MANL couldn't do anything for you?

The Twin 03-25-2012 10:34 AM

Tried, he doesn't stray away from his direct distributors or the keystone catalogue.

The Twin 03-25-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tekals (Post 1555612)
I beleive mcmaster carr will sell to any company but not to simple customers.

I use it all the time at university, they ship within 2 days to ottawa no problem from the warehouse in toronto. First time i used it I was impressed how simple it was. We usually pay with POs but you can also pay with MC or Visa.

Basically, try to get it ship at work and pay it with credit card in your account.

I work for a major crown corporation. So if I simply changed the delivery address it should work?

dannyb 03-25-2012 10:48 AM

Ask Denny I think he got some in Hull

The Twin 03-25-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyb (Post 1555760)
Ask Denny I think he got some in Hull

Sent him a pm awhile ago...

Bullet Ride 03-25-2012 07:33 PM

You can try calling your local fastener supplier (Brafasco, Fastenal, Bolts Plus, etc...) and ask for an bolt that's M10x1.5mm thread, 150mm long, only partially threaded, and grade 12.9. Those are the specs of the metric blue bolts.

MaxBell 03-25-2012 09:23 PM

^ Bell's Corner has some place called Ottawa Fastners.

ALSO: just drive down to the states?

ScotcH 03-25-2012 11:14 PM

Shoot me an email ... lets see if we can get this figured out!

everlast 03-26-2012 02:08 PM

Twin, I ordered ARP studs from these guys:

http://www.racetep.com/arp.html

The Twin 04-30-2012 04:41 PM

finally got them after jumping through rings of fire...will be picked up in NY however.