maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Left lane rant. (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148897)

AMG_POWER 02-21-2012 12:03 AM

Left lane rant.

Drove to Montreal and back and let me tell youfcplm

Why people in Quebec 95% of them are good enough to move over to a faster car coming up? As soon as you drive in to Ontario its a big dissapointment and fail. People dont move. I set a cruise control at comfy to me 130 km/h and pople driving 120 just dont feel like moving over. I mean 20% of them do, but the rest are just horribe at it. Had few guys flipping me, just cuz im faster 10 km/h? Or to them it seems like surrender or rape? I DONT get it. If i see a car coming up or blinking at me i do it right away. I dont know why, it seems right to me. Why other people SO ****ing ignorant/stupid? /rant.

:) Discuss.

Bimmer Heaven 02-21-2012 12:33 AM

Yes, thats how it is....Some people even doing 100 or less in left lane, when you flash them they slam on the brakes, or move over and then flash you, never move at all...I have even seen a guy STOP in the left lane because an ambulance was behind him! (but did NOT move left or right, just blocked him!)

dbworld4k 02-21-2012 12:34 AM

Driving discipline in the GTA is non-existent. Every time I am in the US the difference in lane courtesy is ridiculously apparent.

propr'one 02-21-2012 01:58 AM

^^i was with some friends in the new york state (they were driving). We got pulled over. Cop explained to my friend that the right lane is for passing, not cruising. No ticket, but lesson learned.

calegrant 02-21-2012 10:16 AM

<3 Quebec drivers, all business no nonsense.

radi0activem 02-21-2012 10:20 AM

I totally agree with you. Such a pain in the ass.
I just did round trip from Ottawa to london this weekend. Passed a lot of people using the middle lane. They just don't get it! I think Police should start ticketing more for Impeding Traffic.

slemmer 02-21-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1549913)
^^i was with some friends in the new york state (they were driving). We got pulled over. Cop explained to my friend that the right lane is for passing, not cruising. No ticket, but lesson learned.

Right lane passing? That's as obscure as no right turns on red.

5style 02-21-2012 11:08 AM

Till you end up in city traffic like Mtl and you see just how shitty qc drivers are

ericdalinda 02-21-2012 12:50 PM

10 percent of the population of ontario comes from either india or china and look at how they drive to work.

india traffic

chinese traffic

before you think, "oh what retards look at how they drive to work!" your a retard in another way but you cant admit it.

noodles101 02-21-2012 01:11 PM

^^ i like that system, no1 is crashing into each other. good shit.

Bullet Ride 02-21-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMG_POWER (Post 1549906)
:) Discuss.

There’s nothing to discuss. Plain and simple drivers in Ontario (more specifically the GTA area) are generally ill-mannered, unsympathetic, and unaware of other cars on the road. People act like the world revolves them when they are driving. I live in the KW area, and every time I go 401 east bound the other drivers are usually half decent until I get to Mississauga. That’s where driving etiquette takes a shit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by radi0activem (Post 1549926)
Passed a lot of people using the middle lane.

Middle lane blasting FTW. That’s what I do when there’s very little traffic and I see a car parked in the left lane. Last Tuesday I was coming back from a concert in T.O., it was about 12:30am, not much west bound traffic at all and yet there were dozens of people along the way parked in the left lane. Both lanes beside them empty and yet they choose to park in the left lane. When I see that I usually drop a gear and hammer by them in the middle lane at about an arm’s length from their car just to rattle their cage... it’ll be much funner this summer with a cat-back straight pipe *uzi*

ZiMMie 02-21-2012 02:46 PM

Why would they move over. No one is enforcing the passing lane.
OPP rather set up speed traps and charge people for 50 over rather than enforcing the passing lane.

It disgust me every time i drive on the hwy. Most of Toronto traffic could be avoided if people knew how use passing lanes.

This is what the opp should be doing.It will be also nice if they educate the public on this issue like they do in some states, and issue out ticket to this people.

damameke 02-21-2012 02:46 PM

Jim Kenzie: Another reason to drive right.

http://thestar.blogs.com/kenzie/2011...ive-right.html

5style 02-21-2012 02:52 PM

man its clear some of you guys never drove in quebec rush hour. Ontario is a BREEZE compared to the absolutely retarded drivers there.

slemmer 02-21-2012 02:59 PM

I've cut my driving teeth on the New Jersey Turnpike. Bring on those warriors!