||02-03-2012 06:36 PM
B.C. billionaire & former police board member pleads guilty to confining prostitute..
plus gun & cocaine posession
B.C. billionaire pleads guilty to confining prostitute
03/02/2012 8:19:34 AM
A Vancouver billionaire who pleaded guilty Thursday to forcibly confining a sex worker and possessing an unlicensed firearm has been sentenced to one year of probation and a $5,000 fine.
The charges stemmed from a night in December, 2008 when police were called to a mansion owned by David Ho, a former member of the Vancouver police board. Ho, 60, had picked up the 20-year-old woman in Delta, and the two returned to his home in an upscale neighbourhood to have sex and allegedly smoke cocaine.
When the woman tried to leave, Ho stopped her, telling the court it was cold outside and he was worried about her health. After a struggle, the woman broke her ankle, eventually calling her father for help, pleading "Dad, help me. I'm on a bad date." The woman also made a 911 call at about 4:45 a.m. that morning.
Wearing only her underwear, the woman eventually escaped onto the street, where she climbed an eight-foot fence and ran to a nearby house. Security cameras at the Hong Kong business mogul's home captured the entire fracas.
When police arrived, they found an unregistered Glock nine-millimetre pistol. He was taken into custody and released on $100,000 bail.
On Thursday, the divorced father of three -- who got rich on tobacco in Hong Kong, and once owned a Pepsi bottling plant and a luxury car dealership in Vancouver -- entered his guilty plea at Vancouver Provincial Court.
In addition to forcible confinement and the weapons charge, Ho also pleaded guilty to breaching previous bail conditions. He'd been caught carrying a switchblade knife at the Vancouver International Airport in February 2011, but claimed he forgot he had it with him.
A previous charge of cocaine possession was dropped as part of a plea deal.
full article - video:
wow - just wow.
||02-04-2012 06:22 PM
meanwhile in non billionaire land.........
MONTREAL — A casual text message to work colleagues encouraging them to "blow away" the competition at a trade show allegedly plunged a Muslim man into a terrorism probe.
Telecommunications sales manager Saad Allami says the innocent message, aimed at pumping up his staff, has had devastating consequences on his life.
The Quebec man says he was arrested by provincial police while picking up his seven-year-old son at school. A team of police officers stormed into his home, telling his wife she was married to a terrorist. And his work colleagues were detained for hours at the U.S. border because of their connection to him.
Those are the allegations Allami makes in a lawsuit filed last month.
The Moroccan native is seeking $100,000 from the Quebec provincial police force, one of its sergeants, and the provincial government. The six-figure sum is being sought for unlawful detention, unlawful arrest, loss of income and damage to his reputation.
On Jan. 21, 2011, Allami sent a text message to colleagues urging them to "blow away" the competition at a trade show in New York City.
According to his lawsuit, he was arrested without warning by police three days later and detained for over a day while his house was searched. During his detention, a team of police officers allegedly conducted an "intrusive" four-hour search.
"The whole time, the officers kept repeating to the plaintiff’s wife that her husband was a terrorist," the filing reads.
"The treatment of the plaintiff and his wife was cavalier, illegal, aggressive, accusatory, and in violation of their most fundamental rights."
Allami, who was 40 when he was arrested, says he has no links to terrorist organizations or the Islamic movement and that police acted without any evidence or research. He has never been charged in the affair. A search of Quebec’s courthouse database finds no other references to him, either.
However, Allami says he hasn’t been able to get a certificate of good conduct, which he would need in order to get a job working in finance.
His allegations have not been proven in court and the application is to be presented at the Montreal courthouse on March 5.
Provincial police spokesman Guy Lapointe says the force is aware of the case but will not comment as it is before the courts. A Justice Department spokesperson also declined to comment.
Police in Laval, Que., where he applied for the certificate, found terrorism accusations and public mischief on his file, even though his public file shows no signs of the allegations
||02-05-2012 05:51 PM
The crazyness that is the life of a billionaire, no doubt when money is no longer even a concern and the world has become your playground the rules probably seem like they no longer apply to you. I can tell you one thing, if I were that rich you can guarantee I'd have a gun on me too, registered or not.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015