maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Cars For Sale (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   3 Series FS: 29k km E36 M3 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148408)

SiR 01-27-2012 12:31 PM

FS: 29k km E36 M3
 
supercharged...

price ...hrmm not sure how I feel about it.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/M/ETO.../25_11760753_/

yes it would cost you a lot to build the same spec...but you never get that money back..and lower mileage. hrmm
id think 20k is more in line if you are looking for a garage queen

T.Dot_E30 01-27-2012 12:36 PM

I've seen it for sale since the fall.

Are you sure it's 29k original kms? Lots of owners like to quote low kms when they rebuild the engine saying the rebuild only has that much. It seems too modded to be original, cf hood, race seats, cage, etc...

What first caught my eye when I saw it is that, it looks like that's Imola Red (Could be the light though), my favorite and rare '99 only option.

ClayMan 01-27-2012 12:42 PM

the hood doesn't fit properly :S

Steve30 01-27-2012 04:50 PM

the motons are worth more than the car lol

richie_s999 01-27-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve30 (Post 1545906)
the motons are worth more than the car lol


I believe moton's outa business so no customer support anymore, they are amazing systems but replacement parts would be a pain

craz azn 01-27-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie_s999 (Post 1545911)
I believe moton's outa business so no customer support anymore, they are amazing systems but replacement parts would be a pain

Umm, no. AST acquired Moton in mid-2011, and all of the Moton North American operations was just transfered to AST USA. You can still buy anything from the Moton lineup, it just goes through AST headquarters now. In addition, a lot of dealers that carry AST products will also carry Moton products so support is even stronger now than before. We even have a local dealer and support services thru Auto Analyser in Caledon.

blk325i 01-28-2012 04:01 AM

i saw that car at at an auction last year held at the bike show at the international center, i think it had a reserve at about 20 or 21k
beautiful car if i had the money or if i was somehow able to sell the 335 quickly i'd be going to talk to the guy,
20 grand is well worth it if it has 29k original km

richie_s999 01-28-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craz azn (Post 1545914)
Umm, no. AST acquired Moton in mid-2011, and all of the Moton North American operations was just transfered to AST USA. You can still buy anything from the Moton lineup, it just goes through AST headquarters now. In addition, a lot of dealers that carry AST products will also carry Moton products so support is even stronger now than before. We even have a local dealer and support services thru Auto Analyser in Caledon.

well its good to here it back available, had a chance to look into it and it does seem they started making shocks again in october, so they were down for only 6 months. at least that is what it says on the companies website. Dealer I spoke to was in vaughan over the summer.

jon.e 01-29-2012 11:27 AM

This guy lives jut down the street from me he has an red e30 m3 aswell. I can vouch for this car! It's so beautiful!

ZiMMie 01-29-2012 11:52 AM

^ hey Jon, that's definatly not the same car.

George (greekthang) sold his e36 yrs ago. loved his car. it was soo clean.
this is the car you are talking about.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7933/geogie1.jpg
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7113/george2m.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5937/george3.jpg
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/8875/geoge4.jpg

jon.e 01-29-2012 02:22 PM

Oh shoot your right mike. My bad for that. He's the reason I bought an e36. Seeing that car come down the street with his brother in the e30 m3 was always the highlight of my day while I was playing road hockey! Lol

SiR 01-30-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 (Post 1545878)
Are you sure it's 29k original kms? Lots of owners like to quote low kms when they rebuild the engine saying the rebuild only has that much.

agreed, and I really have no idea. I just saw the ad on trader.

Jon@Bimmersport 01-30-2012 08:10 PM

I heard about a similar built car, in the price of 35-40k a few years back...I wonder if it's the same. It'd be real nice to have a original low KM E36 M3 but I'd prefer in original condition cosmos black on magma or modena interior. *mw*

noodles101 01-30-2012 08:51 PM

isnt it bad to just have ur car sitting for long time? and rarely drive it?

imo kilometers around 150k is considered descent low km for E36s..

SiR 01-31-2012 10:17 AM

^ depends on where and how its stored.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.