maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drivetrain, Engines & Transmissions (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   complete m52b28 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148399)

Dissembler 01-26-2012 07:24 PM

complete m52b28
 
I have a complete m52 from a 1998 328i, been sitting in my aunt's garage for a couple years but now I'd like it gone. Has approximately 170k on it. Don't remember which accessories it has on it.

$250

Dissembler 01-31-2012 02:02 PM

I will be going to see the engine soon to take pics, and see what accessories I still have for all that having been asking.

El Gato Liso 01-31-2012 10:47 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

egye30 02-01-2012 01:44 AM

^^ dooooooo itttt

tg07lq 02-01-2012 02:51 PM

any issues with it? or is it drop in and play? if its in good shape id be interested.

Dissembler 02-01-2012 04:55 PM

None that I know of. It's been sitting in a garage for 3 years, so I would definitely recommend a little oil in the cylinders before firing for the first time, as well as an oil change or 2 after it starts running. I bought a 328i for parts when I did my swap. I remember the engine running very well. I kept it for all these years as a backup motor or to build it for boost.

As for drop and play, depends on your application. Drop and play into an e36 328i? Yes. Drop and play to swap into an e30? Not so much lol.

El Gato Liso 02-02-2012 01:52 AM

absolutely in consideration...i am currently digging up a baby s52 for a cost that is out of this planet. if that flops, and you still got this...*ring ring*

on a side note, i heard once upon a time, or read perhaps that this engine isnt THAT much different to the m50tu.

now im sure 2.8 vs 2.5 is big, but is it that big?

egye30 02-02-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gato Liso (Post 1546786)
absolutely in consideration...i am currently digging up a baby s52 for a cost that is out of this planet. if that flops, and you still got this...*ring ring*

on a side note, i heard once upon a time, or read perhaps that this engine isnt THAT much different to the m50tu.

now im sure 2.8 vs 2.5 is big, but is it that big?


well if you've got an s52 lined then all power to you brotha *rockout* but m52 it is for mee, and although that mayy be the case between the two, that only applys if you're running it stock.. if you still have the m50 in the e30 this spring/summer ill race you and we can find out :P.. fair enough? lol

Dissembler 02-02-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gato Liso (Post 1546786)
absolutely in consideration...i am currently digging up a baby s52 for a cost that is out of this planet. if that flops, and you still got this...*ring ring*

Only difference between an M52 and USS52 are the cams and .4L For the going rate of S52s, not worth the price IMO

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gato Liso (Post 1546786)
on a side note, i heard once upon a time, or read perhaps that this engine isnt THAT much different to the m50tu.

Not sure, haven`t looked into M50TU, but I imagine there isn`t much difference like M52TU vs M54

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gato Liso (Post 1546786)
now im sure 2.8 vs 2.5 is big, but is it that big?

Not really, no. If there are any other significant differences someone more knowledgeable will need to chime in

e30_kid89 02-02-2012 03:08 PM

^^^^No replacement for displacement and a stronger forged crank/rods is all i can think of :) btw for anyone hungry for a 3.2L there's a dude on bf.c in detroit that has a s52 bottom end for a good price....Might be worth it if somebody's willing to make the drive down...think he's flexible too pricewise!

Dissembler 02-02-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e30_kid89 (Post 1546868)
^^^^No replacement for displacement and a stronger forged crank/rods is all i can think of :) btw for anyone hungry for a 3.2L there's a dude on bf.c in detroit that has a s52 bottom end for a good price....Might be worth it if somebody's willing to make the drive down...think he's flexible too pricewise!

M52s have forged cranks, not sure about the con.rods

If you want to try and sell other things, whether affiliated with the seller or not please create another thread and leave that stuff out of mine.

e30_kid89 02-02-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dissembler (Post 1546916)
M52s have forged cranks, not sure about the con.rods

If you want to try and sell other things, whether affiliated with the seller or not please create another thread and leave that stuff out of mine.

They most definitely are forged :)

I'm not trying to take away from your sale, just informing....just like I would inform people who were looking for a m52 to check out this thread.

GLWS.......

archrival 02-05-2012 04:43 PM

Where is the engine located? Any confirmation on accessories?

iverson03tj 02-08-2012 11:03 AM

leak down n compression test?

Dissembler 02-08-2012 02:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finally got out to my aunts house today. What you see in pictures is what you get. No alternator, p/s pump. A/C compressor worked, impossible to tell if still does.

No compression test, engine has been sitting for 3 years. Ran great when I pulled it out.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.