maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pair of Nissan 350Z take each other out on highway (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148366)

careless7 01-24-2012 04:48 PM

Pair of Nissan 350Z take each other out on highway
 
On the way to a Wrong Fitment Meet...

http://ca.autoblog.com/2012/01/24/z-...-out-roadster/

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...05220597_n.jpg

328IScreamer 01-24-2012 04:57 PM

What are the wires he's talking about?

Also how the heck does that happen? It doesn't even look like his rear end swung out very far

careless7 01-24-2012 05:01 PM

There is some sort of wire guard rail / fence there. And yes I agree, I was told the car wasn't poked and stretched but had a decent tire and it was very wet but in the video the tire tracks appear dry and I don't see the back end move at all. At first I thought tie rod but now that I see dude still DROVE TO THE MEET... possibly driver error?

I've driven Vortech and HKS charged Zees, they don't make the kinda power to light 'em up at 112km/h from a roll.

propr'one 01-24-2012 05:43 PM

This is why i dont go to meets.

careless7 01-24-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1545431)
This is why i dont go to meets.

What and not see that sick whip with custom bodywork rollin' on Rotas?

davericher20 01-25-2012 12:04 AM

Looks to me like he downshifted, mashed the gas, it let loose, his inexperience came into play and now this is why he can't have nice things

mpower1226 01-25-2012 01:19 AM

possibly he downshifted without rev-matching and back end let go?

propr'one 01-25-2012 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by careless7 (Post 1545439)
What and not see that sick whip with custom bodywork rollin' on Rotas?

I'm only into steelies now homie fcplm

T.Dot_E30 01-25-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpower1226 (Post 1545494)
possibly he downshifted without rev-matching and back end let go?

Yea I was trying to figure it out also, but if he did that the back end would have swung out first...

In the video you clearly see the front veer left, almost like some kind of suspension failure. But since he still drove to the meet that seems unlikely. The only other assumption is that he didn't see the guy to his left and took a hard left to change lanes to avoid traffic..? Or he dropped his phone?

Also it doesn't look like it is raining at all, the cars wipers aren't even on and roads looked like they almost dried up.

Boots R 01-25-2012 11:01 AM


Bullet Ride 01-25-2012 12:18 PM

I can definitely believe what the description in the youtube video says. Even if it looks dry, or it's dry enough to not have to use wipers the road can still be pretty greasy. In the video you can hear the guy mash it and you can hear the revs jump up (sounds like he bounces off the limiter) as if he loses traction.

With respect to how the car reacts I can say that I experienced the vary same thing last week while driving home from work. I was on a straight section of country highway. The road was slick, we had a bit of snow and it got packed down hard and there hadn't been any salt or sand put down. I wanted to test the traction conditions of the road, so when there was no on coming traffic I stepped on it (I was in 4th going about 70km/h). When my wheels started to lose traction the left wheel hooked more than the right wheel and it pushed me into the oncoming lane. I've tried it a few more times since then in a few different conditions and quite often the car seems to want to pitch in that direction whenever it starts losing traction. I'm not exactly sure of the reason for it, but it might have something to do with how the LSD initially reacts

5style 01-25-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1545509)
I'm only into steelies now homie fcplm

damn you and your 17" steelies. best steelies ever

careless7 01-25-2012 04:20 PM

I've driven HKS and Vortech supercharged 350Zs before and they would not light 'em up at 112 km/h on dry stuff but its hard to tell conditions, although tracks look dry to me and as it was mentioned no wipers were going.

Hmmm the downshift scenario might be possible. I mean if it was a out of range downshift you might have a bit of rear lock-up, no smoke on wet pavement but might be uneven wheel speed causing the shift.

Bullet Ride 01-25-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by careless7 (Post 1545582)
Hmmm the downshift scenario might be possible. I mean if it was a out of range downshift you might have a bit of rear lock-up, no smoke on wet pavement but might be uneven wheel speed causing the shift.

Yeah, hitting the rev limiter like that is either going to be from wheel spin or a botched down shift. I watched it again more closely. The fact that you don't really see the black car make any ground on the silver car before he loses control makes it look like a botched down shift. If he had been mashing it he would have gapped the silver car a little bit before losing control.

Mystikal 01-25-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullet Ride (Post 1545544)
With respect to how the car reacts I can say that I experienced the vary same thing last week while driving home from work. I was on a straight section of country highway. The road was slick, we had a bit of snow and it got packed down hard and there hadn't been any salt or sand put down. I wanted to test the traction conditions of the road, so when there was no on coming traffic I stepped on it (I was in 4th going about 70km/h). When my wheels started to lose traction the left wheel hooked more than the right wheel and it pushed me into the oncoming lane. I've tried it a few more times since then in a few different conditions and quite often the car seems to want to pitch in that direction whenever it starts losing traction. I'm not exactly sure of the reason for it, but it might have something to do with how the LSD initially reacts

Road crown. The car will veer to where gravity helps it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015