maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 (1998 - 2005) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   02 325iT - True cost to Own (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148013)

Catsu 01-03-2012 10:48 PM

02 325iT - True cost to Own
 
Hello All,

I've had my 02 325iT for a few months now and I started to keep track of everything to see the true cost of ownership of an old e46.

I've made a spreadsheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...U9mbHptU3E2OVE

I will be keeping track of the ODO at each fill up, something I didn't do until now.

I hope this helps someone with their car buying; to see the actual running cost of an old e46.

Thanks

Oyster 01-03-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catsu (Post 1542131)
Hello All,

I've had my 02 325iT for a few months now and I started to keep track of everything to see the true cost of ownership of an old e46.

I've made a spreadsheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...U9mbHptU3E2OVE

I will be keeping track of the ODO at each fill up, something I didn't do until now.

I hope this helps someone with their car buying; to see the actual running cost of an old e46.

Thanks

register on fuelly.com to track gas consumptions

Catsu 01-03-2012 11:52 PM

Thanks for the tip.
I should really ease off the gas.

I've averaged 12.6 l/100Km over 5800 Kms

Eurostyle 01-04-2012 12:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Catsu (Post 1542148)
Thanks for the tip.
I should really ease off the gas.

I've averaged 12.6 l/100Km over 5800 Kms

You should! My 330 got 9.28/100 over 14K, and i dont baby it!

Steve30 01-04-2012 12:36 AM

what app is that?

Eurostyle 01-04-2012 01:05 AM

^^^ Road Trip, i love it...use it on all my vehicles and always know what my stats are.

1bmw1 01-06-2012 12:57 AM

Hmm, interesting app! Is it accurate?

Eurostyle 01-06-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1bmw1 (Post 1542600)
Hmm, interesting app! Is it accurate?

On both my vehicles its almost same as the #'s i get from the OBC...

MiroE36 01-06-2012 10:13 AM

Road trip app is the best app and its very accurate (simple algorithm... not that hard to program lol)

Bimmerp 01-09-2012 02:56 PM

OP u purchased ur vehicle for 5,500? That's cheap as hell. So having said that, some of us spend way more money than you do. Then again, It's a bimmer.

Blades 01-09-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catsu (Post 1542131)
Hello All,

I've had my 02 325iT for a few months now and I started to keep track of everything to see the true cost of ownership of an old e46.

I've made a spreadsheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...U9mbHptU3E2OVE

I will be keeping track of the ODO at each fill up, something I didn't do until now.

I hope this helps someone with their car buying; to see the actual running cost of an old e46.

Thanks

looks close to what I am spending on my car but I would separate wants and needs to a more accurate detail if the car is worth keeping or trading in. Ex. koni struts .. was it more of a mod or did you do it because you needed it to be done and was that the cheapest route.

Pierce330 01-09-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blades (Post 1543031)
I would separate wants and needs to a more accurate detail if the car is worth keeping or trading in. Ex. koni struts .. was it more of a mod or did you do it because you needed it to be done and was that the cheapest route.

I agree, your figures are slightly skewed due to your wants...Also, I doubt that it is necessary to include car washes in your ledger...cost of ownership should include associated repair costs...

jmack 01-09-2012 04:49 PM

Why didn't you get the wiper inserts (rubber part only) from Endras?

I like your table though I am going to set the same thing up for my 540.

Oyster 01-09-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmack (Post 1543057)
Why didn't you get the wiper inserts (rubber part only) from Endras?

I like your table though I am going to set the same thing up for my 540.

*smoke*

I did that with my 540 and decided to sell it when I saw cost to own over last 4 years!

jmack 01-09-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oyster (Post 1543096)
*smoke*

I did that with my 540 and decided to sell it when I saw cost to own over last 4 years!

I'm on my second 540i so I'm a lost cause... But yeah the first six months of my first 540 were brutal. So far I'm at $600 for #2. I'm doing as much DIY as possible.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014