maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   body detoxing (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147696)

abc12 12-13-2011 05:23 AM

body detoxing

just wondering if any of you guys have done any type of body detoxing.

whether it's using the tube, as i've seen on jackass, stevo-o doing it, or drinking some sort of tea... perferably i rather drink a detox tea.

mainly another question is, would you recommend that drinking this stuff is safe and actually healthy for you to do, since i don't really get much fibre in me. even after going to the mens-room, i still feel bloated, not going to get into too much details... lol.. just need a system flush from the looks of it..

for those of you who have done or are doing it... what would you recommend as a drinking aid for something like this...?

is this case something a family doctor should be informed about? better to see him and get a prescription for something? since i have coverage...

know this is a bit off topic.... but thanks...

325isdan 12-13-2011 07:31 AM

Saw a documentary on CBC about system flushes and they proved to all be phony. All the doctors stated it is very rare for someone to have "10 lbs of poop" left in their intestines. Your body cleans it out naturally regardless how you feel. You just need better diet and drink water.

daytona 12-13-2011 06:27 PM

drink 10 glasses of water daily and stop eating junk food for a while and all is good..detox is BS my doctor told me once...green tea with a touch of natural honey and it would do as good as those expensive detox shakes.

sirex 12-13-2011 06:36 PM

fiber yo and lots of it

Axxe 12-13-2011 07:43 PM

Apple a day keeps the bloat away. Also, if you're not hungry enough to eat an apple, you're not hungry ;)

sirex 12-13-2011 07:46 PM

**** apples

Ceeker 12-13-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abc12 (Post 1539167)
just wondering if any of you guys have done any type of body detoxing.

whether it's using the tube, as i've seen on jackass, stevo-o doing it, or drinking some sort of tea... perferably i rather drink a detox tea.

mainly another question is, would you recommend that drinking this stuff is safe and actually healthy for you to do, since i don't really get much fibre in me. even after going to the mens-room, i still feel bloated, not going to get into too much details... lol.. just need a system flush from the looks of it..

for those of you who have done or are doing it... what would you recommend as a drinking aid for something like this...?

is this case something a family doctor should be informed about? better to see him and get a prescription for something? since i have coverage...

know this is a bit off topic.... but thanks...

Unless any of you have done any of this you don't have much say in the matter. I have; Contrary to what your "doctor" tells you; the majority of them aren't healthy themselves so why on earth would you take advice from someone who can't even look after themselves? my 54 year old doctor died a couple years ago. the avg life span expectancy of an American Doctor is 56 years of age. So tell me what is wrong with this picture?

Today's doctors are trained little in "natural health care" they are trained to push prescriptions to get kick backs from big pharma co. I am speaking from personal experience. they get about 10% training in any alternative med and that's it. So Doctors DON'T know much about this area. They simply don't support it because they don't know. And the few that do will admit they don't know much but are open to it. So yes, they are bias.

So...my 2 cents worth here; go see an certified nutritionist and/or homeopathic doctor. They can guide you in the right direction. making a suggestion to do this or that without knowing what is going first is a bad and negligent approach. spend the money and get the right answers and help.

give me a pm if you are serious and I can send you to the right people.

ericdalinda 12-14-2011 12:30 AM

your **** literally will stink like death while detoxing. you have been warned

propr'one 12-14-2011 02:28 AM

dude, seriously? You posted yourself that your issues are likely because you dont get enough fibre. Why would you think a clense would do you any good? Eat more fibre.

Proper nutrition is something you only have to do once. Once its your lifestyle, you wont think about it anymore.

(says me looking a only-recently half-emptied bottle of glenlivvet)

Note: This comment is not meant for ceeker et al who don't trust doctors with their health. If i have cancer, i want chemo, not green tea.

Ceeker 12-14-2011 08:19 AM

I have done a liver cleans a few times. it's primarily for people who have gall or liver stones. I didn't have many, but I did it as a precautionary measure.

Bloating, is something intestinal. if you feel this way continually regardless of what you are doing in your diet then something is amiss. at least you are aware enough to notice. most aren't.

abc12 12-14-2011 11:10 AM

if i were to consume more fibre, what products would you guys suggust?

damameke 12-14-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abc12 (Post 1539409)
if i were to consume more fibre, what products would you guys suggust?

fruits and veggie.. whole wheat bread.. and then some...

propr'one 12-14-2011 02:54 PM

If you buy cereal & bread that are high in fibre, that will more than likely be enough without any special supplements.

FelixT 12-14-2011 03:57 PM

black coffee makes me go to washroom more often too... pee or s***

high fibre cereal is good.

noodles101 12-14-2011 04:46 PM

eat brown rice, whole wheat bread, drink 5 bottles + water per day with metamucil lol u'll lose mad weight too. lol