maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 (1998 - 2005) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   330i springs? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147691)

steel330 12-12-2011 08:14 PM

330i springs?

Hey guys, I just bought a 2001 330i and when I went to do the safety inspection I found out that I need new rear coil springs.Now BMW quoted me at 550 parts + 345 labor ... (we all know the dealers high prices) so now Im thinking of getting a new set of springs . Now the questions: OEM or Aftermarket ? Tein S.Tech Springs or Eibach pro kits? I want the slammed look but also something that can help me all year around, without having to switch to stock spring in winter or smth .
Please help a newbie with any suggestions :))

RMPMOTORS 12-12-2011 10:31 PM

Hi there!

We have a few options for your spring problem!

We have oem springs available, as well as lowering kits.

Both options are cheaper then the parts quote you got , and including installation!

Give me a call or email for more info and exact pricing.

Rocco

xlr8nbimbo 12-16-2011 05:15 PM

:D:D:D:D$895 for rear springs at the dealer!:D:D:D:D

steel330 12-16-2011 05:27 PM

yeah right 550 brand new eibach pro kit with install ... Thanks RMP, excellent customer service .. and wow fast install :) highly recomand this shop.

Bimmerp 12-19-2011 09:25 AM

Try messaging Mike and see if he could give you a better quote.

RMPMOTORS 12-19-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel330 (Post 1539845)
yeah right 550 brand new eibach pro kit with install ... Thanks RMP, excellent customer service .. and wow fast install :) highly recomand this shop.

Thank you!

I am glad you like the drop!

Bimmerp 01-09-2012 12:37 PM

Steel if you are still around, how do you like your new springs vs. OEM?

steel330 01-09-2012 03:52 PM

love the drop .... and the handling improved drastically ... the car is "glued " to the road , can cut corners at higher speeds with np, no body roll :P .... as for the harshness of the ride, they are stiffer then the OEM but i can't really feel a big diffrence . On hwy and good roads the car just floats :) . I live in downtown and some of the street are not that smooth so u have to reduce the speed ... when u see a pothole or speed bumps ... u cant just fly by them as the same speed as OEM springs ... u need to pay extra attention thats is ... as for going lower then eibach pro kits, im runing OEM rims and tires 17'' , and with 4 ppl in the car + trunk full i still dont rub, so im pretty happy with my decision :P ...all up to u how low do u wanna go :)) ... Also OEM cots more and i heard that they still gonna brake (especially back ones) its a common problem wth the e46 springs ... so might as well pay less and change the look of ur car also ...

steel330 01-09-2012 03:55 PM

so i don't start a new threat.... anybody knows where can i find cheap ( new or used ) rear left window regulator for a e46 ? or how can i make the window stay up and locked that way till i have some cash to change the regulator ( i wanna make the window stay up and remove the power commands so nobody can touch it again :) ) i tried lifting the window up with my hand but it only goes half way and it doesn't lock ... it goes back down ) any suggestions ? thanks in advance