maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What non violent protestors face all too often (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147187)

South 11-20-2011 05:47 PM

What non violent protestors face all too often

but hey OWS people are just stupid poor non tax paying losers that just want to mooch on the rest of us right? or they are can do what they want but when new statues are made up to suppress protest movements no one anywhere is crying violations of freedom or speech, association or otherwise right(in general)?

SiR 11-20-2011 08:42 PM

thats ridiculous

A~G 11-20-2011 10:06 PM

WoW... where was this video taken?

2slow2race 11-20-2011 10:11 PM

how about these people occupy a job? haha
good laugh watching this.

ChrisTO 11-20-2011 10:26 PM

the dude filming with his ipad...

sirex 11-20-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2slow2race (Post 1535365)

maybe they would if there were jobs.

bmdbley'sBro 11-20-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A~G (Post 1535362)
WoW... where was this video taken?

california, students at UC Davis protesting tuition hikes..

same recently happened in montreal over tuition hikes

Police Brutality Montreal student protest November 10 2011.mp4

berkeley nov 10th

POLICE BRUTALITY: Seattle Cops Pepper Spray A Priest, A 84 Year Old Nazi Regime Survivor & A Pregnant Woman

Quote:

New G20 photos set off alarm bells, says police services board chair.

Appear to be in violation of the U.Nís rules on treatment of prisoners.

http://theinfowarriors.com/?p=2520
g20, human rights, totalitarian policing Everywhere *par-t*

South 11-20-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2slow2race (Post 1535365)

Are you blind or just a troll haha? They are obviously students in that video and it happened at a university, so yeah they are working towards a job but don't want to be paying a mortgage when they are educated enough to find ones, maybe one of the things a OWS person might be protesting about? Even then are their jobs out there? But I am glad you enjoyed it you insensitive ignorant prick.

Did you even have to pay your own university education or what haha?

craigIS 11-21-2011 02:40 PM

Police Brutality....There's a fine line. The UC Davis indecent was ridiculous, and was also one "security guards" decision to do what he did. I can't stress enough that they are not cops there.

The Occupy Wall St vid is pretty obvious. Basically all it takes is one decision to turn every bodies day into a bad one. The decision probably wasn't the correct one! However, remember that the officer there is human just like everyone else there. Regardless of the fact the he's a professional, and should be able to control himself. That may be true, but in being human, one is susceptible to the emotions that come with being human. I guarantee that those students weren't telling the officer to have a nice day, and hope that they can get along! No they were probably verbally assaulting the officers. When there is that much people around, yelling at you telling you to come ahead, and insulting you, you can only take so much, before you hit a breaking point, and act on adrenalin.

Not saying what happened is right, Just trying to open peoples eyes to the fact that police aren't robots, or Vulcans, and have emotions too.

Why were there Police at these peaceful protests? Probably because protests can get out of hand and become destructive. I'm sure there are things that aren't shown in the media, such as protestors bashing police, protestors throwing things, protesters vandalizing. Don't worry; protestors are Human as well, and can act on impulse.

I'm just trying to make it known that despite what you can obviously see, or what you think, or what your told, about a certain situation, there is always a side that know one is aware of. Also everyone is Human, and is capable of making a poor decision.

SiR 11-21-2011 04:17 PM

pretty sure those are actual cops...

craigIS 11-21-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiR (Post 1535502)
pretty sure those are actual cops...

Pretty sure they're not. I was watching CNN this morning, and there was a statement by the Campus Security Chief explaining what transpired, and that it was a single security guard who took it upon himself to be a complete ass.

I do have to correct myself on something though. I mistakenly talked about UC Davis, when I was referring to the OP's video.

EDIT: I was talking about UC Davis. For some reason I wasn't sure of the name of the school, and though that UC Davis was a previous incident.

South 11-21-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigIS (Post 1535505)
Pretty sure they're not. I was watching CNN this morning, and there was a statement by the Campus Security Chief explaining what transpired, and that it was a single security guard who took it upon himself to be a complete ass.

notice how none of the other cops did anything about it? plus are you trying to argue that police brutality in non violent protests is uncommon?

also to your above comments that everyone is human, and its understandable.....no shit but I expect a person who becomes a cop to be of a higher caliber, I do not want an average ****ing citizen with power to be my protector. So if your like me, then it is unacceptable to sympathize with abusive cops. And about the verbal abuse crap, I guess then that parents should be able to beat their children when they start "giving lip" too right? its understandable to you right? BTW "shame on you" sounds so ****ing abusive in this particular case to the officers doesn't it!

no asshole, there are laws that protect us from cops and from abusive parents. The law doesn't give two cents about your personal standard of what is acceptable in society. Thus being part of society you accept public laws and our constitution, develop some sense of social solidarity and then maybe you can act like your part of society. If you really think your standard is the better one, then go please change the law, you have the ability and the right to try motha****er.

And yes no one here thinks cops are robots, we definitely now they have emotions, problem is the bad apples get away with their emotions when they act badly on them.....there's a whole other thread of what police are capable of doing passionately and getting away with in this off topic section.

"I'm just trying to make it known that despite what you can obviously see, or what you think, or what your told, about a certain situation, there is always a side that know one is aware of. Also everyone is Human, and is capable of making a poor decision. "

Keep launching cliches to justify your ignorance for case studies so you can classify an entire genre of a nonviolent method of changing society. Tell me something do you gain some sense of personal satisfaction launching cliches . I mean for ****s sake everyone has a agenda, you obviously come to the rescue of the cops but then say there's always two sides to everything. Like dude wtf, do not generalize everything into two sides. This particular case, sorry your cop side doesn't exist, and that's how you need to look at things, one by one.........................not " Oh dude *takes a puff of weed*, thers always two sides to everything"

man get the **** out.
Have you even watched the other videos posted, there's another case of police brutality in Montreal (real POLICE if that really matters to you), what that footage is wrong? that professor at McGill is wrong? what? Im sorry? huh?

what ****ing hole do you live in that you feel that cops get the benefit of the doubt, like were you here during G20? like PRECEDENT has been SET from HISTORY that gives the PUBLIC the benefit of the doubt!

So no there are NOT two sides to everything, and your side of the cops acting just human is unacceptable on statute grounds, and furthermore precedent has been set that it is usually the public that get the benefit of the doubt.....then again what is this benefit of doubt I am giving? just that the protestors do not deserve police brutality. If they break the law arrest them, if they are London rioters torching shit, arrest them, if they are blocking a road, arrest them. Do not use excessive force, do not kick 80 year women, do not crack skulls, do not tackle people and yell in their ears, etc.

Sorry the reason non violent protests work, such as a sit in, in this case a park, is that it very difficult to do anything about it. Hence the power of it, of course if you use brutality then again they still win because then it is all over youtube and their cause becomes known. .....the greatest strength that this protest has is Ghandi and Martin Luther King style humility. if you do not know what the **** I am talking about then research the five paradigms of "roots of conflict, violence, peace".

Sorry for the passionate post, but I just get disgusted by how their are brave students, and in general people, in this world who are try do things and change things. You can agree that tuitions are too high or not, you can agree that they have no list of demands or that they do, but they all deserve the respect of us lazy mother****ers on a forum being arm chair critics. That being said I will try to prevent assholes that preach cliches their sense of personal justification they get by doing so.

A~G 11-21-2011 06:13 PM

... looks like a third world country to me. Even if it were one cop/security guard... what did the others do about it? Nada.

Hope that d*ck severely sprains his ankle for his actions.

craigIS 11-21-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by South (Post 1535521)
notice how none of the other cops did anything about it? plus are you trying to argue that police brutality in non violent protests is uncommon?

I don't know why the other officers did nothing, I can't begin imagine why. If you read my post, would have noticed that I never said that police brutality is uncommon in any situation. To the contrary. I think it is more prominent than we think, or are lead to believe.

Quote:

also to your above comments that everyone is human, and its understandable.....no shit but I expect a person who becomes a cop to be of a higher caliber, I do not want an average ****ing citizen with power to be my protector. So if your like me, then it is unacceptable to sympathize with abusive cops. And about the verbal abuse crap, I guess then that parents should be able to beat their children when they start "giving lip" too right? its understandable to you right? BTW "shame on you" sounds so ****ing abusive in this particular case to the officers doesn't it!
Not everyone is good at their job, yet there are people doing jobs they aren't good at. I agree that the individuals who are substandard should not be policing, or be in security, but that's up to their employer; not me.

I also never said I sympathize with abusive cops; re-read my post.

I never said anything about abusing children.

No person has the right to verbally abuse another person. Even when that person is a cop, or security officer, or another citizen. Also; I said that I don't think that these types of situations are right, and by that I mean that this should never have happened, and the officer was wrong for doing what he did.

Quote:

no asshole, there are laws that protect us from cops and from abusive parents. The law doesn't give two cents about your personal standard of what is acceptable in society. Thus being part of society you accept public laws and our constitution, develop some sense of social solidarity and then maybe you can act like your part of society. If you really think your standard is the better one, then go please change the law, you have the ability and the right to try motha****er.
Whoa!!! Names?!?! why?

There are laws that are in place to protect us from cops, parents, and everything else. However; try to understand that cops are human, and the same laws that protect us, protect them. In their case, some laws that protect officers, may become null due to something they have done, as seen in these videos.

My standard has nothing to do with it. I never said anything about my standard being higher than anyone else. Please; stop putting words in my mouth.

Again with the belittling!

[quote]
And yes no one here thinks cops are robots, we definitely now they have emotions, problem is the bad apples get away with their emotions when they act badly on them.....there's a whole other thread of what police are capable of doing passionately and getting away with in this off topic section.

Okay, everyone has a breaking point. You and I included. Let's not forget police. I'm not defending the actions of these officers in these video's.It only takes one person to reach their breaking point, and to do something stupid. When that happens, everyone does something stupid. I know what cops are capable of. Acts of overwhelming compassion, as well as acts of brutal savage murder. Every person is.

Quote:

"I'm just trying to make it known that despite what you can obviously see, or what you think, or what your told, about a certain situation, there is always a side that know one is aware of. Also everyone is Human, and is capable of making a poor decision. "

Keep launching cliches to justify your ignorance for case studies so you can classify an entire genre of a nonviolent method of changing society. Tell me something do you gain some sense of personal satisfaction launching cliches . I mean for ****s sake everyone has a agenda, you obviously come to the rescue of the cops but then say there's always two sides to everything. Like dude wtf, do not generalize everything into two sides. This particular case, sorry your cop side doesn't exist, and that's how you need to look at things, one by one.........................not " Oh dude *takes a puff of weed*, thers always two sides to everything"

man get the **** out.
Um.....well, I don't suppose you though that maybe some people have a different point of view when in the same situation. That's why even the students at that protest will have stories that vary. Person 1's story = Person 2's story = 2 different stories. I'm not defending any of these cops, or students. What I was trying to say is that we don't know what the officer was thinking. Maybe he though he was doing the right thing in his eyes. Maybe he's effed in the head. Maybe he's an asshole, period. Maybe maybe maybe maybe..... I could go on.

Quote:

Have you even watched the other videos posted, there's another case of police brutality in Montreal (real POLICE if that really matters to you), what that footage is wrong? that professor at McGill is wrong? what? Im sorry? huh?
I watched every video. Never said that the cops were right, and I never condoned their actions. Try to understand that I never said I agree with the cops.

Quote:

what ****ing hole do you live in that you feel that cops get the benefit of the doubt, like were you here during G20? like PRECEDENT has been SET from HISTORY that gives the PUBLIC the benefit of the doubt!
Everyone get's the benefit of doubt. Even people who destroyed public property at the G20. Cop's get the benefit of doubt too. It's called innocent until proven guilty. I get it, you get it, my Mother gets it. You brought it up, not me.

Quote:

So no there are NOT two sides to everything, and your side of the cops acting just human is unacceptable on statute grounds, and furthermore precedent has been set that it is usually the public that get the benefit of the doubt.....then again what is this benefit of doubt I am giving? just that the protestors do not deserve police brutality. If they break the law arrest them, if they are London rioters torching shit, arrest them, if they are blocking a road, arrest them. Do not use excessive force, do not kick 80 year women, do not crack skulls, do not tackle people and yell in their ears, etc.
There are two sides to everything, everyone has a point of view, that makes to sides. I never said that it is acceptable to do certain things because your human. In this case, yes, the officer should be punishes as seen fit by the law. Benefit of doubt......you sure have given me the benefit of the doubt. Never said anyone deserves brutality from anyone else, including cops. I agree, arrest them. I never said they should be beaten, and I don't excuse that kind of behavior. People, including cops should face the consequences for their inappropriate actions. I never said they shouldn't.

Quote:

Sorry the reason non violent protests work, such as a sit in, in this case a park, is that it very difficult to do anything about it. Hence the power of it, of course if you use brutality then again they still win because then it is all over youtube and their cause becomes known. .....the greatest strength that this protest has is Ghandi and Martin Luther King style humility. if you do not know what the **** I am talking about then research the five paradigms of "roots of conflict, violence, peace".
Yup, I agree, and....?

Quote:

Sorry for the passionate post, but I just get disgusted by how their are brave students, and in general people, in this world who are try do things and change things. You can agree that tuitions are too high or not, you can agree that they have no list of demands or that they do, but they all deserve the respect of us lazy mother****ers on a forum being arm chair critics. That being said I will try to prevent assholes that preach cliches their sense of personal justification they get by doing so.
Passionate is okay, name calling, not so much. I think more thought needs to be put into protesting in some cases. When your on campus, and are not allowed to camp over night, and you do, and the police, or security come to remove people from the park, something is bound to happen. That's why the cops were there at UC Davis. You can occupy the campus during the day, but at night you have to go home, and can't camp out. Unfortunately in this case, the cop lost composure, and effed up huge, and most likely for no good reason.

sirex 11-21-2011 07:01 PM

I just want to say this:

Police are humans too. But they are different type of humans. Just like Serial killers and sociopaths exist, so do police officers.

Im sorry for any cops out there, but police have a different attitude and thought process... Very, very, very rare that you get a cop that is just like "you and me."

That being said, I dont stir shit. If an officer needs my help with something or wants to ask me some questions that arent out of the ordinary, I am fairly complacent because at the end of the day I want to do the right thing and I know that despire police being odd people, I think they want to try and do whats right.