maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Looking for (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WTB E36 parts and upgrades - for dd/track car (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147030)

BrianM 11-13-2011 01:47 PM

WTB E36 parts and upgrades - for dd/track car

Hello, I've just sold a WRX and am now driving a 97 328i I bought off a member here to save $$$. I am trying to make it as much fun to drive on the cheapest budget I can.

I am hoping to get a couple track days in next season, and as time and budget allows, slowly shift it more into a track car and get a separate DD on the side (down the road)

Some things I'd consider just switching over from a 3series sport for those with used parts just taking space, and some I'llbe going with aftermarket

Here is a long rough list of things I'd like to see happen, some asap and some eventually. As I said, budget is crucial, so if I can't afford it, too bad for me. Some may never get done, but on with it.

LSD-preferably 3.23 (might be looking for a new rear subframe/bushings to do a full swap all at the same time)
RTAB's
m50 intake manifold
rims with good tires, either 16 or 17, atleast 225's (right now on 15's)
Sport sways, or preferably an aftermarket front swaybar, and sport rear bar.
I have bilsteins with sport springs, but if somebody was selling good condition race springs for them I'd be interested
cold air intake
steering wheel
SSK/knob
sport seat or race seat or a 4point harness
cams
chip/tune
x-brace

ScotcH 11-13-2011 03:17 PM

Hey dude,

I have some wheels and tires for you (R888 235/40.17 and 17x8 rims). Also have a 3.23 diff rebuilt by DiffsOnline. Shoot me an email ... stuff is in Ottawa, but I'm sure we could figure something out.

cormier 11-13-2011 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey I have an m50 intake someone drilled and tapped for a sensor or something by the PO but if you're willing to run with it plugged or patched (I'm not) you can have it

richie_s999 11-13-2011 08:22 PM

I have a 3.15LSD, M50 mani, CAI's, SSK's ect all avalible !!!

check my for sale threads or PM me

BrianM 11-13-2011 11:33 PM

all posts/pms replied. Maybe I should ask to stick to PM for now to keep clutter down, and I'll just take things off the list as they get bought and filled in. Or whatever, I don't know how these threads are normally run

edit, looks like I might be adding Brake Parts onto the list. Just had a flat tonight and saw that I've got about a quarter inch of rotor that was actually being used, not completely grooved and rusted.

General consensus seems to be to stick with blank rotors, and then swap between street pads and track pads on track days?

sproule905 11-14-2011 10:09 AM

I've got some DSII staggered for sale. PM me for more info

clarkpark 11-15-2011 02:35 PM

If you need a stock e36 steering wheel I have one mint conditon 40 bucks text me 16474611551

BrianM 11-15-2011 10:58 PM

crap...clutch is definitely slipping more. Don't want this to turn into my last mistake(/car)!

sproule905 11-16-2011 09:20 AM

while you are there replace the throwout bearing

BrianM 11-16-2011 05:07 PM

hm, thanks for the heads up

BrianM 11-26-2011 01:22 PM

just wanted to update thread. I'm hoping the clutch is ok. Will be rebleeding it soon and taking out the CDV and hoping that will make it completely clear if there is an issue or not.

Anyways, I'm scheduled to be picking up a 3.15 LSD (note to anyone with a 3.23, I would exchange it, before I install, if interested), SSK, CAI and Steering Wheel from Rich at rebirth. And I'm hoping that that Intake Manifold works out with Cormier.

I'm excited for the next few months years, and am still interested in a bunch of cheap parts(and maybe things I didn't think about or mention), either over the winter and over the years

H&R Race Springs (already have Bilstein struts)
Brakes Stuff
RTABS
Stock Sport Sways or aftermarket
16" or 17" rims+tires
seat/s, sport or aftermarket (or 4 point)
cams
various fluids, bushings, etc all the little stuff that you may have sitting unused, but still adds up

BrianM 11-27-2011 01:59 PM

Thanks Rich for the parts. Those things are off the list but I am not seeing the edit button.

richie_s999 11-28-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianM (Post 1536561)
Thanks Rich for the parts. Those things are off the list but I am not seeing the edit button.

was great chatting with you, sounds like your enjoying the car already and looking forward to seeing you at next summers events

BrianM 12-01-2011 03:44 PM

You too Richie, I hope we can do business again sometime

Cormier, thanks alot of the M50 maniold. I really appreciate it and it was great meeting you and checking out your project car. It looks awesome! I hope to see it next year in action.