maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Black 328i with red coral interior? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146909)

orion's ache 11-07-2011 12:36 PM

Black 328i with red coral interior?

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a 2011 black 328i coupe. Since it's a 2011 model, there are good deals to be had, but options aren't the greatest. One option that could be had at a good price is a blac sapphire metallic with red coral interior.

What do you think of the red coral interior? Too flashy? Too gaudy? Keep in mind I am a 37 year old male with one three year old son.

Thanks for your replies.

Smitty 11-07-2011 01:57 PM

It's definitely polarizing. Given that you're buying a brand new car, you should haven't settle for anything less than your ideal colour combination.

My own tastes run fairly conservative. While red interiors are fun, it's not an image I'm comfortable with long-term. I presently have a Black Sapphire car with the tan interior and it suits me well.

ChrisTO 11-07-2011 02:03 PM

i like the red...it's different....and i'm older than u by a few months with 2 young boys. i'd use it as a point of negotiation.

ismail 11-07-2011 02:52 PM

It's always nice to have something unique to be honest, black with tan is very classy agreed. But it's the interior and if its something you like go for it, honestly when its cold outside no one is going to know the colour of the interior except for you.

Plus it could be a hige selling point down the road, when someone comes in and thats exactly what they are looking for. Black with red though is one of my favorites.

Let me know if you want to sell in 5 years....lol

BMWdouche 11-07-2011 02:53 PM

Do the red... live young my friend. There's going to be plenty of time for tan and beige for when you're older.

noodles101 11-07-2011 03:33 PM

black sapphire metalic exterior + red interior is a very nice colour combo.

they've been doing that similar colour combo since E36?
my buddy has a black E36 with red interior and looks very nice.
my other buddy has white 335 with red interior..thats also very very nice.

black sapphire exterior will make you look classy from the outside but when ppl glimpse at your interior, it gives them the.. SPORTY feel ! lol thats how i perceive it.

red and black colour is generally pretty awsome however you mix it. ( just no 2 tone seats.. lol )

just like red M5 with black interior is...godlike..lol

sproule905 11-08-2011 12:23 PM

Noodles - if you are driving around wondering what everyone is thinking then you need to leave the ego at the door. No offence, but rubbernecking looking at what everyone else drives is and should be a thing of the past.

Are you really concerned what other passbyers are going to think?

Jon@Bimmersport 11-08-2011 12:28 PM

Red is good, as long as you keep it clean. Have kids? What about stains? Spills? Winter time, winter boots, snow pants etc).

Black interior is less maintenance for a family car, but if the red is not what you want...don't settle. I am sure theres plenty of these cars across Canada that can be bought through the BMW dealer network CPO.

noodles101 11-08-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sproule905 (Post 1533435)
Noodles - if you are driving around wondering what everyone is thinking then you need to leave the ego at the door. No offence, but rubbernecking looking at what everyone else drives is and should be a thing of the past.

Are you really concerned what other passbyers are going to think?

ego? so why did u buy an m5? so theres absolutely zero factor on showing your car off? ppl buy nice looking cars so they can enjoy themselves and also its a statement of themselves

if we were driving around and didn't care what everyone else think about our cars, there wouldn't be different car brands , models, style , options. it would probably be a no name brand car where everyone is driving the exact same cars.

also , in my previous post above, i was merely describing how i feel when i see bimmers with red interior. I do look at nicely done bimmers and other nice looking cars on the road, do people not do this? never ever? so how do we have sighting section on the forum if 'rubber necking is a thing of a past?'

sproule905 11-08-2011 03:17 PM

Noodles,

I get your point and you mis interpreted what I meant. What I meant was ldriving by a car and checking it out, or giving someone the " you car's not worthy look"

I understand seeing a nicely done car and giving them the thumbs up - I do that all the time.

Why the M5 - cause I can. kidding. we're expecting our first baby, and the 2 door aint going to cut it.

noodles101 11-08-2011 03:50 PM

lol ok i get your point now dude

and congrats on the new born and the m5

i got few more years till i get a family and a child haha

so i might upgrade my car or a gsxr route next spring :D

sproule905 11-09-2011 08:35 AM

ive seen first hand rubber neckers and accidents. more times back in the day on our street bikes. was always a laugh!

and Thanks. PLus, i've got the TR6 that I am restoring which will be my "summer" vehicle...

So why a gixxer? white and blue with white rims?

Black is the new white/blue...

noodles101 11-09-2011 03:40 PM

lol ive been looking at bikes quite awhile now.. 3 of my close buddies all got bikes last season and ive tried the gsxr , R6 , and cbr ( all 600cc) and gsxr was the most comfortable for my riding style , ive tried all 3 of the bikes for around 30mins~ an hour ish. highway and side streets.

gsxr came out on top of the three bikes , because the riding position was the most comfortable and just fit right lol

R6 seat was too wide and i was tippy toeing quite a lot

and cbr was nice and tight but it gave me kind of a 'up right ' riding position which i didnt like.

and i didnt care that R6 had few more hp then the gsxr because ... im pretty new to riding and they all seem really fast to me LOL

plus my grandpa used to ride one of those suzuki sports/ street bike in the early 90s lol he'll be happy to hear im getting a suzuki bike haha

sproule905 11-10-2011 10:19 AM

cbr's are front heavy compared to R6 and gixxer. If you are first starting out don't go and buy a 600 -- they are a lof of machine and are well capable of going 250+ you can get 100km's in first. They are no slouch.

get a smaller 250 ninja or something around that size. I would just hate to read that you spend a boat load on a bike (600) and dumped it. That's what the 250-500's will do.

And don't get me wrong a 250-500 is no slouch either.

Just dont go out and buy one of these canam sled looking bikes.

dbworld4k 11-10-2011 10:43 AM

Black on red FTW! Don't be normal/boring, get something that pops. But that's just me...