maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E30 (1983 - 1991) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   My 87 325is (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145718)

Woofer 09-14-2011 11:28 AM

My 87 325is

14 Attachment(s)
Hey guys. Hope all is well. Took some shots of the e30 before she goes under construction.

I got this e30 about 3-4 years ago and just this pasted march I assembled her to be drivable. Since then I have done a few things like,
- converted from m20b27 to m20b25.
- e30 m3 front seats
- depo smoked projectors with 8000k
- hid fogs
- painted my hood and trunk black due to unrepairable paint fading.
- 4:10 LSD diff
- re polished momo rims and painted the centers gold
- straight pipe exhaust 2.5 inch into Remus muffler
- plastic bumper conversion. Installed a lower front valence which seemed to be a front mtech 2 lower valence in the pic I saw before I bought it, however I drove really far to go get it and it ended up being a different valence from a company called PBQ or something. It's grown on me lol
Also installed one of phils old mtech 2 rear lower valences that I had from back in the day
- it's lowered on some yellow springs that came in a box that I got when I bought the car. For a second I thought it was my old apex springs I sold Devon years ago lol. Kinda wish they were because these ones only lowered the car slightly but it'll do for now.
- rolled rear fenders at stance factory so i could fit my beefy tires. 225/50/16 on all four corners. Thanks mike/jay

Thats pretty much it this summer for tinkering. This winter I will be re painting her but not sure what color. My friend has a booth so we are going to try it ourselves. I have to deal with all the body work first. Car is pretty solid. It's only seen maybe 4-5 winters. A nice older jamaican man use to own it since 91 and he babied it. In 2002 it was sold to a mutual friend. Unfortunately he did not take care of it as well. Hence the 4-5 winters it's seen. Finally in 2007/08 I bought the car off my friend and it sat at my work until I had time to put it together.

Anyways I'll keep you guys posted. Enjoy.

Ps the flag on the hood is not a vinyl or decal. It was painted on

Woofer 09-14-2011 11:34 AM

9 Attachment(s)
More...

Woofer 09-14-2011 11:38 AM

8 Attachment(s)
And last ones..... Thanks

DTM 09-14-2011 11:54 AM

I'm loving your car, great progress. Keep up the great work, looks very good.

*Edit: I also reaaally love those wheels in gold, mint.

karmatose 09-14-2011 12:05 PM

Looks good!

Did you paint your grill?

Denny 09-14-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woofer (Post 1523514)
And last ones..... Thanks

Nice I love it! good job.... now where did you get the idea of the german flag?

Woofer 09-14-2011 06:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Yea I painted the grills black. My buddy and I also attempted making our own euro grills. A little wavy, but not bad for our first attempt I'd say.

The flag idea was completely last minute. We had some gold paint from the rims left over, some red paint, and little gloss. We wanted to use these colors somehow without being ricey lol. As we sat there thinking I noticed the m logo on my shifter and then one thing led to another lol. A pic of an e34 also helped out.

Thanks for viewing. I'll post progress of the body work. This time I'm doing it myself with a friend at his work. It just so happens that the doors for his paint booth are big enough to fit my car ( the booth is used for painting commercial windows). Stay tuned!!! There's a motor swap in the mix too! And if you know me......u know I'm crazy lol.

The green e30 is my inspiration lol. Hope I can make mine look as nice.

Denny 09-14-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woofer (Post 1523591)
Yea I painted the grills black. My buddy and I also attempted making our own euro grills. A little wavy, but not bad for our first attempt I'd say.

The flag idea was completely last minute. We had some gold paint from the rims left over, some red paint, and little gloss. We wanted to use these colors somehow without being ricey lol. As we sat there thinking I noticed the m logo on my shifter and then one thing led to another lol. A pic of an e34 also helped out.

Thanks for viewing. I'll post progress of the body work. This time I'm doing it myself with a friend at his work. It just so happens that the doors for his paint booth are big enough to fit my car ( the booth is used for painting commercial windows). Stay tuned!!! There's a motor swap in the mix too! And if you know me......u know I'm crazy lol.

The green e30 is my inspiration lol. Hope I can make mine look as nice.

Cool look at this car here...lol
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UcUPyBjYwS...ture%2B160.jpg

karmatose 09-14-2011 06:12 PM

Hawt. Rattle can or something special?

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

Woofer 09-15-2011 12:34 AM

Rattle can for the red and gold. The hood was painted flat black so we just put clear coat over the section we needed black. The clear was applied with an air gun in the booth.

Woofer 09-15-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denny (Post 1523593)

Wow looks nice man. Is that the lower valence for a metal bumpered e30? Your car?

ismail 09-15-2011 08:46 AM

Wow...what you've done is seriously impressive!!

Looking forward to seeing more pics...this is the type of thing I would eventually like to do to my e36!

Ceeker 09-15-2011 09:00 AM

nice work!! keep it up!!

Woofer 09-15-2011 09:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments.
Like usual, I am all over the place with the color selection. I seem to be leaning towards a dark green. I've already had a blue, light silver, white, and gun metal e30. I really want the color to suit the e30. Some unique colors can look really nice on e30s. Ive always had a soft spot for this maroon e30.

Denny 09-15-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woofer (Post 1523670)
Wow looks nice man. Is that the lower valence for a metal bumpered e30? Your car?

Thanks man. Yes I integrated the old "very cool to me" lower valence from metal bumps and integrated with new plastic bumper... for more check my blog I got the whole built in there..*th-up*