maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Private Classifieds Feedback (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Do NOT deal with 'retro' (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145382)

98M3NACE 08-30-2011 11:51 AM

Do NOT deal with 'retro'

Sold me a set of style 5s - told me they were mint. Turns out all 4 are bent 2 barely balance 2 do not at all, tried to do this without posting to max, but will not give me my money back. Do yourself a favour and STAY AWAY from this user.

bmwm5lover 08-30-2011 05:59 PM

Wow, ridiculous!

That's what you get from someone who runs pink wheels on his cars...

Retro, give the man his money back or at least cover the cost for having them straightened.

noodles101 08-30-2011 06:10 PM

lol i guess this doesnt help him at all for his for sale thread

canuckder 08-30-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodles101 (Post 1520878)
lol i guess this doesnt help him at all for his for sale thread

Hes many fs threads

noodles101 08-30-2011 07:13 PM

oh..i only saw his airbagged z4 thread

damameke 08-31-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98M3NACE (Post 1520804)
Sold me a set of style 5s - told me they were mint. Turns out all 4 are bent 2 barely balance 2 do not at all, tried to do this without posting to max, but will not give me my money back. Do yourself a favour and STAY AWAY from this user.

Thanks for the warning....

So, you are taking the lost?
I hope it's not that big an amount....
else and if you have the time..see him in small claim court

Mystikal 08-31-2011 12:51 PM

Probably one of the nicest, most community-oriented guys I've ever met in this scene. Hope it works out for the both of you.

sloveniaboy 08-31-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98M3NACE (Post 1520804)

the same reason I never posted my old style 5s for sale, they were all bent to hell.

98M3NACE 08-31-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystikal (Post 1521028)
Probably one of the nicest, community-oriented guys I've ever met in this scene. Hope it works out for the both of you.

asked him to pay for half of refinishing cost, turned down. "they were as good as I knew, for all I know at this point your mechanic could have messed them up....sorry man cant help you" lolololololol :huh?:

T.Dot_E30 08-31-2011 12:56 PM

Common problem with used wheels, most owners don't even know they are bent because they don't have a wheel balancer to check them.

I'm not saying the seller knew or didn't know.....just saying it's a common problem with used wheels and that buyers should beware and do your due diligence to avoid situations like this. I usually tell the seller to meet me at the tire shop, and ill pay after they check out. Anything less than that, your taking a risk.

sloveniaboy 08-31-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwm5lover (Post 1520874)
Wow, ridiculous!

That's what you get from someone who runs pink wheels on his cars...

Retro, give the man his money back or at least cover the cost for having them straightened.

don't know how badly bent these set of 5s are but I remember rim repair shops telling me they didn't want to touch them as the bends were irreparable even though the wheels looked aesthetically fine.

anybody shopping for 5s would be lucky to find a set that are straight n true

canuckder 08-31-2011 01:07 PM

Not to be a dick,

But if your not repairing them, ill take the two that are "slightly bent".

or even all four, I can make a table out of the crappy two or something.

pm me if interested

fitter527 08-31-2011 01:47 PM

i went to a shop to get some tires mounted on a set of used rims i purchased a couple of years ago.the kid there told me that "two of the rims are bent pretty bad":mad: i tried to contact the seller and he wouldn't respond to any of my emails.so i just took the loss.
the following year i decided i was going to see if the rims could be straightened,if not to the scrapper they go.the shop put the rims on the balancing machine and what do ya know,they weren't bent.*rockout*

fitter527 08-31-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuckder (Post 1521038)
Not to be a dick,

But if your not repairing them, ill take the two that are "slightly bent".

or even all four, I can make a table out of the crappy two or something.

pm me if interested

i remember reading a post last year where somebody made a hose reel out of an old bent rim.it wasn't a thread dedicated to making a hose reel,it was in the background of a pic and someone commented on it.anybody remember who it was?

canuckder 08-31-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitter527 (Post 1521045)
i remember reading a post last year where somebody made a hose reel out of an old bent rim.it wasn't a thread dedicated to making a hose reel,it was in the background of a pic and someone commented on it.anybody remember who it was?

haha my old man has been doing that forever,

he has an original set of fiat 500 magnesium rims he uses,