Turning DRL off on 2011 328xi E90
Do you guys know a place in the GTA area where you can get the DRLs deactivated. I know its the law but I'd like to compensate that with having the angel eyes running as DRL without the high/low beam running at the same time which is currently the case.
Let me know if anyone was successful in doing that.
Pm me.. This can be done via coding!
Its actually not the law. Its required to import a vehicle into canada, the HTA doesn't specifically say its required
10. (1) No person shall sell or offer for sale a daytime running light system that does not conform to the requirements of the Canadian Standards Association Standard CAN/CSA-D603-88, Daytime Running Light Systems. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 587, s. 10 (1).
(2) For the purpose of subsection (1), a daytime running light system means a group of electrical components including the control unit designed for installation on a motor vehicle to automatically activate lights used to improve the conspicuity of the vehicle viewed from the front at all times other than when headlights are required. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 587, s. 10 (2).
11. (1) In this section,
“motor tricycle” means a motorcycle that,
(a) is designed to travel on three wheels in contact with the ground,
(b) has seating on which all occupants must sit astride,
(c) has not more than four designated seating positions,
(d) has a manufacturer’s gross vehicle weight rating of 1,000 kilograms or less,
(e) has a minimum wheel rim diameter of 250 millimetres,
(f) has a minimum wheel base of 1,016 millimetres, and
(g) does not have a structure partially or fully enclosing the driver and passenger, other than that part of the vehicle forward of the driver’s torso and the seat backrest. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(2) For the purpose of determining the number of wheels on a motorcycle, two wheels are considered to be one wheel if they are mounted on the same axle and the distance between the centres of their areas of contact with the ground is less than 460 millimetres. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(3) A motorcycle with two front wheels shall not be operated on the highway unless it is a motor tricycle that,
(a) bears the manufacturer’s compliance label issued under section 6 of the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (Canada) specifying the type of vehicle as “TRI” for motor tricycle or, in the case of an imported motor tricycle, a compliance label or other label as provided for in section 12 of those Regulations; and
(b) continues to meet the regulatory standards that applied to it at the time it was manufactured or imported. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(4) A motor tricycle shall not have more seating positions than it had when originally manufactured. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(5) A motor tricycle originally manufactured for sale in Canada shall not have more than two seating positions unless the motor tricycle,
(a) was originally manufactured with more than two seating positions; and
(b) bears the manufacturer’s compliance label issued under section 6 of the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (Canada) specifying the type of vehicle as “TRI” for motor tricycle. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(6) An imported motor tricycle shall not have more than two seating positions unless the motor tricycle,
(a) was originally manufactured as a motor tricycle with more than two seating positions; and
(b) bears a compliance label or other label to prove conformity as provided for in section 12 of the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (Canada). O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(7) A motor tricycle shall be fitted with at least two mirrors that conform to the requirements set out in Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 111 under the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (Canada). O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(8) Every motor tricycle shall have a parking brake adequate to hold the vehicle stationary for a few seconds when tested at light throttle in low forward gear and in reverse. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(9) None of the original controls of the brake system of a motor tricycle, including the anti-lock brake controls, shall have been removed, modified or replaced so that their effectiveness is reduced. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
(10) In the case of a motor tricycle originally fitted with an electronic stability control system, such system shall not be missing and there shall be no indication of a malfunction in the system. O. Reg. 115/08, s. 3.
^^ Well I think he wants the same look as the other BMW's out there where the AEs are the DRLs and his other lights off.. I think older models have both on at the same time or something..
RPM Motors. Ask for Rocco.
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hgswzq
Generally speaking (as i have imported the Black 750iL below), the Car will be set to CANADA meaning you will need to code it for USA then allowing you to code the lights on the key instead of hard coded no matter what key you have.
I coded mine on the key (which means when i get a new key, DRL are off, BMW know about it, no one will know as there be on when its checked by RIV in the next few days).
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.