maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bimmercruise (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lost & Found: E36 Bumper Impact Strip Missing (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145155)

chia 08-21-2011 09:46 PM

Lost & Found: E36 Bumper Impact Strip Missing

2 Attachment(s)
Hey all,

First off. Thanks to the organizers and contributors of the cruise; it was my first cruise and I had a great time. *th-up*

I want to know if anybody on the cruise noticed if the rear bumper driver side corner molding was missing on my car or not.

I met up with a buddy at Moxie's. He's never seen my car before, and we did a few walks around the car. We are both certain it was there and intact before the cruise. Here's a photo taken at Moxie's (unfortunately it was taken on the other side)

After the cruise, we went to the show at the Powerade Centre until it started to rain. We left with the rest of the herd. When I got home, I noticed the piece missing.

If anybody noticed this driving behind me, I would appreciate any information or pictures. I know that it's not going to help me find the part, but I'm just curious. :confused:

The car is a silver e36 1999 M3.

noodles101 08-21-2011 10:26 PM

damn i hope no1 stole it off your car...

on my old 328i 4 door, that molding piece just flew off on the highway..and it was also raining.. exact same side as well ( coincidence? or.. ya )

so maybe driving in the rain could've done it.

Monaco_N54 08-21-2011 10:40 PM

I'm almost certain it was on your car when you parked @ the Powerade Centre....hopefully someone here remembers or saw something?

BmW1819 08-21-2011 10:47 PM

yea it was there at Powerade center i remember see your car

Jim .E. 08-21-2011 11:22 PM

is your name Tommy by any chance? if it is, it was on your car when Samantha and I parked our cars behind you at Square 1

chia 08-22-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodles101
damn i hope no1 stole it off your car...

on my old 328i 4 door, that molding piece just flew off on the highway..and it was also raining.. exact same side as well ( coincidence? or.. ya )

so maybe driving in the rain could've done it.

Bah! Yeah it must've flew off on the highway without me noticing. I highly doubt anybody would steal a part like that in that environment.

Although we were just talking about how it would be a good scenario for somebody to steal a car there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim .E. (Post 1519161)
is your name Tommy by any chance? if it is, it was on your car when Samantha and I parked our cars behind you at Square 1

Nope, that's not me.

noodles101 08-22-2011 12:12 AM

^^ yeah 99 percent chance it flew off buddy, lol i went to euroguy and costed me 10 bucks to replace ~!

bimmerpwr 08-22-2011 12:19 PM

I noticed your car at Moxies, and that strip was already missing.

5style 08-25-2011 01:33 PM

there are 4 e36s at cooksville autowreckers, these are interchangeable between stock and m, so go there and grab one