maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   E90 LCI back converstion on a pre-LCI (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144022)

Aritaurus 06-30-2011 03:26 PM

E90 LCI back converstion on a pre-LCI
 
I'm going to pick up the LCI trunk lid and tail lamps from this sale here and I have a few questions.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142900


1) Is there anyone in the GTA who will be able to do install it for me
2) Do I need anything else other than the LCI trunk lid, inner tail lamps and outer tail lamps and coding to make it error free? I hear you need a harness as well.
3) When I get this done, will the horizontal red lines light up as well when the car is moving? I know the LCI 323i tail lamps do not have this feature and this is from a 328xi.
4) How much will it be to paint the trunk to Monaco Blue? I drive a 2006 325i

Aritaurus 07-01-2011 01:53 PM

Anyone? If someone in the GTA has done this mod before, please PM me.

DimSumE90 07-12-2011 04:35 PM

yes you will need coding :)

dzenno 08-22-2011 02:30 PM

If you haven't yet talk to Peter at Doboy's Autobody..he's just recently installed an LCI carbon fiber CSL trunk on my pre-LCI with the new tails...still trying to get it coded to get rid of the bulb error in the dash but they work...

DimSumE90 09-01-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzenno (Post 1519291)
If you haven't yet talk to Peter at Doboy's Autobody..he's just recently installed an LCI carbon fiber CSL trunk on my pre-LCI with the new tails...still trying to get it coded to get rid of the bulb error in the dash but they work...

I've coded the lci conversion for Aritaurus a month back! The car looks great!

maxq 08-13-2015 06:07 PM

I just did mine... looks awesome. The key cylinder extraction from the old trunk lid was a bit of a doozy but all worth the great LCI look! Total damage with tail lights, trunk lid and paint, 650 bucks...

Ali-323i 02-25-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aritaurus (Post 1510794)
will the horizontal red lines light up as well when the car is moving? I know the LCI 323i tail lamps do not have this feature

Are you sure about this? I think I've seen them on before... they come on with the parking lights or headlights... they're not always on by default (like DRLs).

dbworld4k 02-25-2017 12:05 PM

E90 LCI back converstion on a pre-LCI
 
All E90 LCI cars have the running bars in the tail lamps on as DRLs, so they're on all the time regardless of the position of the headlight switch.

It can be enabled/disabled via coding, but it's default coded as enabled from factory.

Ali-323i 02-25-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbworld4k (Post 1692942)
All E90 LCI cars have the running bars in the tail lamps on as DRLs, so they're on all the time regardless of the position of the headlight switch.

It can be enabled/disabled via coding, but it's default coded as enabled from factory.

Good to know, thx!

Prefer how my Pre-LCI light bars only turn on with the lights (including auto lights when it gets dark), but as mentioned, easy to toggle via coding (even for Pre-LCI I imagine).


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015