maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maxbimmer & Supporting Events (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Lakeshore Cruise 2011 - Sat July 16th (Downtown Toronto) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143945)

Mystikal 06-27-2011 01:37 PM

Lakeshore Cruise 2011 - Sat July 16th (Downtown Toronto)

1 Attachment(s)
I know I always drag you guys out to middle of nowhere, so here's something different: Lakeshore Cruise. We'll meet up at Budapest Park along Lakeshore Blvd W, hang out and shoot the shit for a few hours (feel free to bring coolers, lawnchairs, shisha/hookah...be comfortable and chill!) then take a cruise eastbound along Lakeshore taking in the Toronto waterfront. Our convoy will eventually jump on the Gardiner, then DVP, then roll onto the 404 where we'll be exiting to regroup and stop for dinner (or a quick stop at Tim Horton's next door and head home, your call). Route directions WILL be provided at the meet spot.

Date: Saturday July 16th, 2011 (Rain Date July 23rd)
Time: 2pm meet start - cruise shortly after 4pm, dinner approx 5pm
Meeting Place: Budapest Park, 1755 Lakeshore Blvd W
Directions: www.google.ca - Entrance to park is on Lakeshore Blvd, the first driveway on the right passed Parkside Dr. The red arrow on map below shows the entrance driveway (one-way, only accessible to eastbound traffic). If you pass the exit, u-turns are allowed at the following traffic light.

*** If the Budapest Park lot is overfilled, we will be meeting at Humber Bay Park East at the corner of Lakeshore Blvd & Park Lawn Rd. To arrive here simply head westbound on Lakeshore and turn left at the Park Lawn traffic light. This is only a last resort, please visit the Budapest park first.

* Be safe. Please no alcohol or other party favours. ;)
* The parking lot is a Green P pay lot - either pay for your stay or be ready to move your car in case parking enforcement shows.
* Clean up after your pets? I dunno I ran out of warnings here.

Hope you'll all enjoy the change of pace. See you at the beach.

T.Dot_E30 06-27-2011 02:14 PM

I won't be here :(

dbworld4k 06-27-2011 04:16 PM

http://xahper.files.wordpress.com/20...ng?w=250&h=196

lol @ poll option #2 and pet warning. Bahaha.

E30M42cab 06-27-2011 05:27 PM

Jay, isn't that parking lot always packed to high hell?

Mystikal 06-27-2011 05:37 PM

I was there this Saturday and that particular lot was maybe 10% occupied (looks about the same as in that aerial shot). That's why I chose it.

damameke 06-27-2011 06:01 PM

Depends on the weather,, if its sunny and warm.. it will be crowded..last saturday was cool and cloudy...

Nick_V 06-27-2011 07:38 PM

This sounds like something I'd be down for. Depends what work throws at me that week though...

BmW1819 06-27-2011 09:22 PM

yea that parking lot it RAMMED on the weekends and it's indy weekend so good luck :(

noodles101 06-27-2011 10:18 PM

im innn i used to lifeguard at sunnyside pool!!

ya... that parking lot is always full till around 7 pm . . .

noodles101 06-27-2011 10:20 PM

ya the green p parking is a courtesey ticket. so even if u do get a parking ticket..
its not mandatory that u have to pay.

bmwm5lover 06-28-2011 11:28 AM

Unfortunately I work :( Will not be able to make it.

Mystikal 06-28-2011 12:23 PM

Is that lot really that full? I've passed by 3 non-raining Saturdays this season and I've never seen it with more than maybe 20 cars. The times I went, the surrounding Lakeshore lots were all packed but this particular one always had acres of space. Hmmm.

The Indy weekend factor I never realized. Date changed to July 16th rain date July 23rd, sorry for the inconvenience guys.

dulak 06-28-2011 06:03 PM

Yes, that parking lot is usually full whenever I have passed by on Saturday afternoons, specially if its warm/hot.

How about next to Casa Mendoza (Lakeshore and Park Lawn)? There's a large parking lot right in front of it and along the back there's a large parking area where Humber Park is. Usually those aren't typically full and I think its free parking if I remember correctly.

Mystikal 06-28-2011 07:28 PM

Everything nice and close to the water I found near Park Lawn has no vacancy (last time I did this event in '07 we used one of the Humber lots, but it's since gained popularity it seems). Looking at the satellite map I now spot the lots you're referring to.

I'm going to check out the Casa Mendoza area more closely this weekend, if anyone else has any suggestions (space for at least 50+ cars, near the waterfront, relatively easy to get in and out of...) feel free to throw them into the ring. *th-up*

Dado 540 06-29-2011 01:39 AM

nice