maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36 (1991 - 1999) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   My new OZ Ultraleggera's... (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143825)

gruppusol 06-21-2011 09:04 PM

My new OZ Ultraleggera's...

3 Attachment(s)
I've been getting some good feedback with these OZ's. I think they're a great match with the cosmos black!*wave*

specs:
'97 e36 M3
rear 18x9 ET40 toyo t1r 255/35/18
front 18x8 ET 34 toyo t1r 225/40/18

I need to get the rear fenders rolled a little...
Let me know what you think.*wiggle*

sb_600 06-22-2011 09:56 AM

Looks good! My brother had those rims (in gold) on his subbie and loved them.

It may be just from the angle of the pic, but it looks like you could use an alignment (in terms of camber). If you dial in a bit of negative camber in the rear, it MAY solve any rubbing issues.

propr'one 06-22-2011 10:18 AM

Looks sortof like my car:P

Love it. Get clears:P

gruppusol 06-22-2011 03:06 PM

Thanks guys! I'm just trying to get the most mileage out of my tires. If I 'dial in' negative camber, won't I just end up getting more tire wear on the inside? I'll probably just try to do some more research and figure out the most efficient alternative. I've also thought about getting it lowered but it's my daily driver (winter as well). I don't want to plow any snow for the city!

1BADBMR 06-22-2011 03:51 PM

Looks good. All you need is a nice drop to compliment the wheels.
Coilovers are great cause you can raise it up in the winter.

sb_600 06-23-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruppusol (Post 1509423)
Thanks guys! I'm just trying to get the most mileage out of my tires. If I 'dial in' negative camber, won't I just end up getting more tire wear on the inside? I'll probably just try to do some more research and figure out the most efficient alternative. I've also thought about getting it lowered but it's my daily driver (winter as well). I don't want to plow any snow for the city!

Your tires won't wear much faster, but they may wear un-evenly (depending on your driving style). do a bit of research - there are a lot of e36 alignment guides. IIRC -1.5 camber in the rear is decent for street.

davericher20 06-23-2011 02:03 PM

first thing I noticed was the camber, get that shit even. It won't matter if you go negative cause right now your shoulders will be uneven with what you have.

WlodeK84 06-24-2011 12:12 AM

not a big fan of the rims. Why do you need to roll your fenders if the tires aren't close to them. Don't understand. If your cornering and making them rub than maybe your shocks and struts need some attention.....also like mentioned above an Alignement would help.

Either way though it needs a drop.

gruppusol 06-24-2011 01:37 AM

When you have a couple of people in the back and go over a bump, the tires will touch the fenders (rear)...

So, as far as you guys can tell, it's an alignment that my car needs and then a camber adjustment? I'm gonna look into it. Thanks.

My shocks and struts are bilstein sports (front and rear). I've had them for about three years when I bought the car. The springs are just oem. I also recently changed the rear shock mounts with ones from TMS (non-oem).

It's kind of a long story but the OZ's were my best option after looking around for a bit. The tires were fairly new when I hit a f'kn pothole with my other rims....I just tried to stay with wheels of the same size.

sb_600 06-24-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruppusol (Post 1509763)
When you have a couple of people in the back and go over a bump, the tires will touch the fenders (rear)...

So, as far as you guys can tell, it's an alignment that my car needs and then a camber adjustment? I'm gonna look into it. Thanks.

My shocks and struts are bilstein sports (front and rear). I've had them for about three years when I bought the car. The springs are just oem. I also recently changed the rear shock mounts with ones from TMS (non-oem).

It's kind of a long story but the OZ's were my best option after looking around for a bit. The tires were fairly new when I hit a f'kn pothole with my other rims....I just tried to stay with wheels of the same size.

Camber is part of the alignment. Do some research on specs (you can get around -2 degrees in the front with washers/longer lower strut bolts - if you do this watch the clearance of your rim/tire at the top of the strut, and i think around -1.5 in the rear with stock adjustment). That should give you a good street setup.