maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E30 (1983 - 1991) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Dennys Turbo build (part 2 of Restoration) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143735)

Denny 06-18-2011 05:53 PM

Dennys Turbo build (part 2 of Restoration)
 
Well, here goes the second part (the exciting part) of my build.

The turbo build. I will be updating as I purchase parts ....plan is to build slowly summer/fall/winter to get it ready for drag racing next summer.

1) collect/buy parts/ aquire turbo bin file for war chip / Blue print turbo assembly /exhaust setup
2) build strocker 2.7L M20 / arp head studs / o-ring block
3) install / build war chip tune , dyno build low boost file and high boost file

so first thing I bought today (very important as I will be tuning my na M20 right now anyways):

Innovate MTX-L Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge Kit 3844 UEGO

got it for 170$ free shipping from Ebay*th-up*

Denny 07-12-2011 11:14 AM

Slowly gathering parts for my turbo build...(I may go roots type Supercharger first)

- Innovate wideband received
- boost and water gauges


- 30lb Bosch injectors


e30_kid89 07-12-2011 04:25 PM

Good start, however I would have gone with a pnp Megasqurit unit. Tons of support and easier to dial in/tune. The WAR chip i've read doesn't allow you to make real-time changes (ie.when the car is running) so what you have to do is turn off car, make changes, burn, start car and see the difference. If this is your first time in the "toooning" game you'll see soon how nice making real time changes and datalogging will become. Good luck with the build!

Denny 07-12-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e30_kid89 (Post 1512628)
Good start, however I would have gone with a pnp Megasqurit unit. Tons of support and easier to dial in/tune. The WAR chip i've read doesn't allow you to make real-time changes (ie.when the car is running) so what you have to do is turn off car, make changes, burn, start car and see the difference. If this is your first time in the "toooning" game you'll see soon how nice making real time changes and datalogging will become. Good luck with the build!

hey thanks for the input :)

Yeah the war chip is a pretty good tool but with limitations (no dataloging) it does have the ability to switch tunes on the fly (4 tunes) so I can pre build them and load them takes 30 seconds to load 4 of them. Datalog with innovates wideband software and dyno for timing tweaking. Im not new to tuning world actually quite good many years of learning with the mitsubishi world and GM world.

The war chip tunes are custom built to your specs (MAF, injectors...) from Millerperformance on request which is very nice and you keep all sensors and stock ECU which is nice. No doubt MS is great I heard nothing but great things.

HavocSteve 07-13-2011 08:11 AM

This car will never leave the garage......

When are you coming out to a coffee meet at Timmies Denny? Should come out this Friday since it looks like no rain ect!

dannyb 07-13-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavocSteve (Post 1512754)
This car will never leave the garage......

It may take a while before it officially comes out but when it does the it will be perfect. Denny is a perfectionist, he wouldnt take the car out until he is satisfied with the condition. He stripped the car just to clean it and re-rust proof it, the only other time I saw someone do that was to restore an El Camino.

Anyways, if he doesnt take it out of the garage I will :p

Denny 07-13-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavocSteve (Post 1512754)
This car will never leave the garage......

When are you coming out to a coffee meet at Timmies Denny? Should come out this Friday since it looks like no rain ect!

trying to organise a little meet this sunday from 6:30-9:00 (Jay "everlast" , danny "dannyb" , me and u!! Pictures, drive, starting at my place.

Denny 07-13-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyb (Post 1512759)
It may take a while before it officially comes out but when it does the it will be perfect. Denny is a perfectionist, he wouldnt take the car out until he is satisfied with the condition. He stripped the car just to clean it and re-rust proof it, the only other time I saw someone do that was to restore an El Camino.

Anyways, if he doesnt take it out of the garage I will :p

Im kind of a perfectionist but at the same time I decided on not making the car perfect this year because I want to drive it :) next year I will work on the paint, speakers,etc.... but this year I want to enjoy the car in its N/A state because next year it get the race engine 2.7L stroker (SC and turbo) for a very unique twincharge E30. *uzi*

So danny is out this week..... Jay? Steve? Am available this sunday and maybe friday night too.

HavocSteve 07-13-2011 12:08 PM

I'm good this weekend, it's my rotation off so it works for me :) Let me know! I know the GF was wanting to speak with you about the Gov. crap *mumble* but other then that I'm balls to the wall! Just let me know the time and I'll be there!

Actually, now that I'm thinking, I bumped into Everlast at Loblaws.... It appears he has NOT gotten off his ass to do a simple oil change! I say we raid his garage and change the oil in that poor ol' E30!

Denny 07-13-2011 08:01 PM


dannyb 07-14-2011 07:14 AM

Looks like my friday just opened up, BBQ anyone? Steve you distract Jay while I go in the garage to change the oil and test drive the e30 to make sure it likes the new oil

Denny 07-14-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyb (Post 1512947)
Looks like my friday just opened up, BBQ anyone? Steve you distract Jay while I go in the garage to change the oil and test drive the e30 to make sure it likes the new oil

Hotdogs on the BBQ and Beer friday night at my place? Jay are you coming? bring that new kick ass camera for pics. Also the eaton blower and other parts....:cool:

everlast 07-14-2011 08:30 AM

I think I have to pass. My brother is in from Vancouver at about 7pm and I am picking him up from the airport and taking him to Smiths Falls, so Friday is a bust.

Boo.

I think the only time I may be free this weekend is Saturday night. Seems every weekend is chewed up before I get to it FFS.

Now I have to change the oil on my e30 and the wife's Mini. >:-O

Denny 07-14-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by everlast (Post 1512951)
I think I have to pass. My brother is in from Vancouver at about 7pm and I am picking him up from the airport and taking him to Smiths Falls, so Friday is a bust.

Boo.

I think the only time I may be free this weekend is Saturday night. Seems every weekend is chewed up before I get to it FFS.

Now I have to change the oil on my e30 and the wife's Mini. >:-O

OK steve, Danny its kidnapping time!!:mad: Jay IS coming friday night...lol..

everlast 07-14-2011 08:41 AM

Lemme see what I can do. I can't drive my bro with all his stuff in my car anyway since my car doesn't fit more than 2 suitcases.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.