maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   2007 335i any issues ? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143501)

phill_e46 06-07-2011 10:17 PM

2007 335i any issues ?

Might have to buy another car soon and I really like the the e90 look , is there any major issues with that car ?

Monacoblu335 07-06-2011 10:14 PM

A major issue is the hpfp just check the service history if it hasen't had hpfp issuses you should be okay. Bmw has extended the warranty for 10yrs on the hpfp.

Stephanie 07-12-2011 02:04 AM

I own a 2007 cabrio, and the car has been a dream!
The HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) did go at 60k for me, but it's inevitable.
It's true, they do have a 10th warranty on the HPFP now! :)

The only other thing is that my AC has been on the fritz lately... Not a common issue from what I've seen/heard with these cars, but it's okay cuz I still love her! :P lol

swbatte 10-17-2011 07:23 PM

The turbos can go. If they are ticking, then treat them like a time bomb. If they have been replaced by the current owner under warranty you're good. Quiet ones are sound to, but not a guarantee

steviek 10-20-2011 04:49 PM

have a cabrio ... been specatacular

BMWdouche 10-24-2011 01:06 PM

There are issues with everything bro.. 335's have HPFP gremlins and are notorious for going limp and the turbo's are $$$.. which is why I avoided that to go with an N/A N52 motor..... lo and behold.. issues (granted I do track my car)..

Because my engine is magnesium/aluminum (lightest 6 cyl ever produced.. ohyeah!) they had to use aluminum bolts (some chemical reaction crap).. which are now broken and stuck inside and the motor is leaking oil from the valve cover gasket... only when I looked it up did I realize that this is as common to N52's as HPFP failures are to 335's..

Do I regret owning the car because of this shit?? No.. because when you're complaining that your car's broken.. remember that you're complaining that your mag/alum BMW motor is spilling oil cus its so #%&ing badass.

bayerish 325 11-02-2011 11:22 PM

Fantastic car! But, I just traded in my aging 07 before having to spend huge bucks for maintenance. The engine burned oil, high pressure pump is an issue, Bridgestone potenza tires extremely noisy at high speeds... etc...
Still issues with the sounds system. I own the car for close to two years and there was 2 recalls for the fuel pump and software.

If you are willing to spend a lot for maintenance, this is an astonishing piece of engineering and a truly exciting car (best sports sedan on the market), although the suspension and low profile tires are very harsh.

I did not want to deal with maintenance over 100000K.

I have to say that I did not have any serious issues with the car which was not covered by warranty.

nitehawk 11-12-2011 10:52 PM

It just depends on your luck :P Some have issues, while other have little to none. I am one of those lucky owners. Jan 07 build - only mechanical issue was a faulty vanos solenoid that was replaced under warranty. Just check the service history and that will show you if there are any particular problem trends.

deepSeaBlue 12-15-2011 11:02 AM

You may spend more money by buying out of warranty used 335 than buying a 1 or 2 year used one. BMW parts cost too much.

bayerish 325 12-15-2011 11:11 AM

I agree that parts are too expansive. My advice: stick to bmw certified series warranty, especially with the 335. I feel better now that I traded mine in for a more recent 3 series still on factory warranty.

Mikester 12-19-2011 11:07 AM

Love my 335 and had no major issues! However, my CPO extended warranty kicked in and to me it's pretty useless since most of my issues are electronic and involve interior components (which aren't covered).
Computer throwing fault codes (reoccurring problem). BMW charging $150+ for it.
Air vent plastic just falling out (3 of them!!) lol. Each one is $150 as well for the whole piece that needs to be replaced.
Pixels disappearing on the head unit. I had same issue on my e36. 10 years and they still can't get it right. I've driven 3 cars between my 2 BMWs and haven't done any warranty work to any of them.

propr'one 12-19-2011 12:43 PM

There will always be issues, but stock 335's seem to be about average for maintenance. People who mod theirs have had relatively few issues for what can be expected on a turbo car.

If you can't swing a wrench, mabye CPO is worth it. If you can, it almost certainly is not, unless you dont know how to buy a car and end up with a dud.

dbworld4k 12-19-2011 05:41 PM

My old man has an '07 335i vert. No issues to report whatsoever. Then again, he just rolled over 25,000kms recently so....

*IB4 comments about impending doom due to lack of being drive :D

EMPOWERD 12-19-2011 05:49 PM

Bought an '07 335i Cabrio for my wife, hpfp was done (still under warranty). No issues with the exception of haunted mirrors (they can't seem to remember the memory seat settings).

dbworld4k 12-19-2011 05:52 PM

^My E46 does that sometimes! It's s annoying, the driver's side mirror will not go all the way back to my memory seat setting after a reverse-tilt.