maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 (1998 - 2005) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Carbon Wrapped Roof.... (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142727)

webb70 05-06-2011 12:06 PM

Carbon Wrapped Roof....

I would like to get my roof wrapped in Carbon Vinyl (3M DiNoc), does anybody know who does this??

Thank you

kevin325 05-06-2011 03:04 PM

Try ShinzoWerks:

http://shinzostore.com/index.php?pag...hk=1&Itemid=40

did a great job on mine.

InfiniteDice 05-06-2011 03:28 PM

I want to wrap my penis in kevlar carbon nano molecular micro (did I already say nano?) synthetic embryonic (wait that's brain fluid) fibre. (is it fibre like bran muffins or fiber?)

LOL hopefully I made my point here.

SpeeDemoN 05-12-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfiniteDice (Post 1499535)
I want to wrap my penis in kevlar carbon nano molecular micro (did I already say nano?) synthetic embryonic (wait that's brain fluid) fibre. (is it fibre like bran muffins or fiber?)

LOL hopefully I made my point here.

I don't see your point.

1bmw1 05-16-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeeDemoN (Post 1500938)
I don't see your point.

Me either.

Kevin, Did u do any prep work prior to wrapping? is it safe to do?

kevin325 05-17-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1bmw1 (Post 1501705)
Me either.

Kevin, Did u do any prep work prior to wrapping? is it safe to do?

what on earth is that guy talking about?!

No prep work needed - they just made sure that the car wasn't waxed or polished as that makes the vinyl not stick as good.

new member 05-18-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin325 (Post 1501847)

No prep work needed - they just made sure that the car wasn't waxed or polished as that makes the vinyl not stick as good.

Dont take him seriously. He is disgusted by anyone who doesnt drive a 25 year old car like him and he feels its necessary to let everyone know what he thinks of newer cars.

1bmw1 05-18-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin325 (Post 1501847)

Good to know! How about removing the stuff? Any risks? Always wondered about xacto knife marks in the paint? Are there any? Sorry for the hundred questions dude.

kevin325 05-19-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1bmw1 (Post 1502263)
Good to know! How about removing the stuff? Any risks? Always wondered about xacto knife marks in the paint? Are there any? Sorry for the hundred questions dude.

No worries at all man - better to be safe than sorry. They said I can bring it back anytime and they would remove it for free. I inspected the roof and I honestly couldn't see any marks at all - on their website it says they guarantee the vinyl to be good for 5 years and not damage your paint.

are you looking to do your whole car or roof?

1bmw1 05-19-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin325 (Post 1502384)
No worries at all man - better to be safe than sorry. They said I can bring it back anytime and they would remove it for free. I inspected the roof and I honestly couldn't see any marks at all - on their website it says they guarantee the vinyl to be good for 5 years and not damage your paint.

are you looking to do your whole car or roof?

Thanks for the info. Good to know! I'm still on the fence to do my roof only. I was thinking of flat black.

Hawaii 05-22-2011 01:38 PM

+1 for Shinzo. Good guys and great work. They dinoc wrapped my friends rims and roof in that carbon fibre vinyl and it looks flawless. Good luck.

InfiniteDice 05-24-2011 04:21 PM

My comment was to make a point on functionality. I don't see the point of wrapping a roof in anything, it's the roof.

I'd consider getting a full carbon hood as it serves a function, to reduce weight. Wrapping something is just pointless; "look I have a carbon roof man!" Actually no you don't, you have a roof with a sticker on it.

SpeeDemoN 05-25-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfiniteDice (Post 1503241)
My comment was to make a point on functionality. I don't see the point of wrapping a roof in anything, it's the roof.

I'd consider getting a full carbon hood as it serves a function, to reduce weight. Wrapping something is just pointless; "look I have a carbon roof man!" Actually no you don't, you have a roof with a sticker on it.

Well then say that next time instead of whatever the hell you said previously.

By the way, who cares man, he's not asking for your or anyone's opinion on the functionality, obviously it's a cosmetic mod that he's interested in, and it has nothing to do with you.

topaz330ci 05-25-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfiniteDice (Post 1503241)

It's called SWAG. Something you will never know anything about!

Bet you think a gold bracelet adds wait too.... what's the point of that eh?

InfiniteDice 05-25-2011 03:42 PM

That's right Topaz. Are you a poser? I'd hope that someone with a Porsche could spell weight properly... I hope you don't work for the government I pay for.

I could make 1000 jokes right now, but that would be as pointless as a gold bracelet.